Sticky: The official Dak sucks thread

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Have to respect these teams that move on from QB’s they think aren’t good enough anymore. Eagles with Wentz and probably from Hurts sooner than you think, Raiders with Carr, Lions with Stafford , 49ers from Garropollo and Lance, Rams with Goff, Packers with Rodgers, Broncos with Wilson. This team simply doesn’t trust themselves to find a new QB. They are terrified. At this point Dak to the young guys on this team is just bad JUJU. He’s had plenty of chances with good enough teams this should be the last straw. Choking against an inferior opponent. I simply don’t see any reason why Dak should be untouchable.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You flip flop quote a bit. No wonder you're confused.
I have never changed. I am always consistent every year. I give the same prediction every year and I am 100% correct. People like you fail to listen.

Thousand yard stare coming soon to a tv near you in Jan. 2025.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have never changed. I am always consistent every year. I give the same prediction every year and I am 100% correct. People like you fail to listen.

Thousand yard stare coming soon to a tv near you in Jan. 2025.
Baloney. You were supporting Dak during this season. I remember your posts. You even were going after those posters berating Dak. Then lately, you switched back to your old self.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Baloney. You were supporting Dak during this season. I remember your posts. You even were going after those posters berating Dak. Then lately, you switched back to your old self.
I am fair to Dak when he plays well. But I always state it will end the same. Feel free to show me any post where I have stated Dak will achieve an iota of post season success.

Until then enjoy eating your crow.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak picked a bad week to have one of his worst games. The Packers D had him totally confused.
That 'ole cover 4 with one of the Safeties moving up post snap. Take away the short/medium pass between the hashes (like SF) and what happened with the first incompletion to CD .....we may as well pack up because Dak's security blanket's been taken.

Pressure and expectation arent Dak's friends (when pressure's off,4th Q, he's able to perform).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am fair to Dak when he plays well. But I always state it will end the same. Feel free to show me any post where I have stated Dak will achieve an iota of post season success.

Until then enjoy eating your crow.
Enjoy eating your crow and drinking more tears as Dak is extended this offseason. Book it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That 'ole cover 4 with one of the Safeties moving up post snap. Take away the short/medium pass between the hashes (like SF) and what happened with the first incompletion to CD .....we may as well pack up because Dak's security blanket's been taken.

Pressure and expectation arent Dak's friends (when pressure's off,4th Q, he's able to perform).
I've been saying since last season, Dak and this Offense need another big and legit weapon at WR to help CeeDee and Dak. Cooks is too small. Need another tall WR with speed, strength, grit and who can get open early and often.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I've been saying since last season, Dak and this Offense need another big and legit weapon at WR to help CeeDee and Dak. Cooks is too small. Need another tall WR with speed, strength, grit and who can get open early and often.
But we're not adding, with $21m over the CAP we're subtracting. We arent getting a tall (presumably fast) WR, with an immediate need for a LT, C and LB we cant afford to draft a WR in Rd1.....well we can, but the likelihood is that Dak will spend most of 2024 running for his life (especially as we wont have a complimentary running game to help out). One of Cooks/Gallup will be gone and Tolbert will be WR3, I can see us shopping Ferguson (as a) he's got some value and b) with Hend/Schoon there are lesser options).

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got young ones like Stroud and Love firing on all cylinders and here we are, stuck with a starting Pop Warner QB only because his dad (Jerry) is the coach. The few Cowboys fans left that don’t realize this either never will, or just don’t get it. There are no Super Bowl expectations of this team while Dak is here. That is, and has been abundantly clear. He is a head case, incapable of delivering in big games and his post game interviews are pathetic.

Staubacher

Reaction score
You got young ones like Stroud and Love firing on all cylinders and here we are, stuck with a starting Pop Warner QB only because his dad (Jerry) is the coach. The few Cowboys fans left that don’t realize this either never will, or just don’t get it. There are no Super Bowl expectations of this team while Dak is here. That is, and has been abundantly clear. He is a head case, incapable of delivering in big games and his post game interviews are pathetic.
We keep hearing about his great leadership where is it? It doesn't show up in these games.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There are no Super Bowl expectations of this team while Dak is here. That is, and has been abundantly clear. He is a head case, incapable of delivering in big games and his post game interviews are pathetic.
This is it, some human's cant work under pressure, have anxiety issues and just linger on what's happened and cant remove it from their mind and move on ......that's Dak. You see him wilt as soon as something goes wrong (in this case the first CD drop, which was imo about 50/50 throw/catch). Dak couldnt let it go, have a go at Lamb and get MM involved.

Own it and move on.....but he cant because in the back of his mind he knows he's at a disadvantage if he needs to step out of his comfort zone and makes things happen. It's in his head and no roster, coaching team are going to overcome that.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We keep hearing about his great leadership where is it? It doesn't show up in these games.
He's a leader when the organization's doing well (good motivator), but he crumbles when the onus is on him to personally step up hence the difficulties when trailing and in late game comebacks when his only success is a TD (ok at delegating, say moving the chains for a FG, but if HE has no easy out, then it tends to end badly).

streetcredit

Reaction score
"Need another tall WR with speed, strength, grit and who can get open early and often"
We need two all pro WRs....that's the problem

zeke21

Reaction score
Hmmm it is hard to find any joy in what is another catastrophic way to end a highly promising season. I have never agreed with the decision to keep Dak. This got me labelled a Romosexual to start with.. which was ironic because I wasn't a massive Romo fan.. I could just see that Dak was smoke and mirrors. My problem with Dak was that I truly thought he cost us a ring in his rookie year because Romo should have got his job back. Instead Carrots clutched at a nice, marketable story and thought he would create history by winning with a Rookie.. that was how stupid clapper was and how dominant our squad was in 2016 that we nearly actually pulled it off.

In the following 8 seasons, I have posted repeatedly about Daks failures and that is because they are same. Every. Single. Time. Dak can't handle multiple reads, Dak throws high and behind when he gets panicked. Dak needs a Top 5 level OLine to give him some of the cleanest and longest pockets in the league and he still takes multiple sacks each game. Dak needs a dominant run game that both bails him out and forces loose coverage out as the defence has to stack the box. During that same time, I have consistently maintained that Dak isn't an "enigma" as some seem to think.. he is an above average quarterback that is a very capable bus driver. Which means that surrounded by talent (8 Pro Bowlers), good coaching and solid schemes he will achieve consistent success. However, it is very rare for even 'above average' QBs to have long playoff runs or indeed win a SB. The only times we have seen this happen is when they are either a rookie or on a low contract which has allowed the manager to absolutely stack the team around them.. or the QB has hit a golden streak of form at exactly the right time. It was this last scenario that was my hope for this season. You don't need an above average QB.. you need an elite QB.

What today should show for anyone who truly cares about this franchise is that it is time for a change at QB. Today was not close. The stat padding in the 2nd half was actually acutely embarrassing, the only 'victory' that could be claimed is on the stat sheet or somehow feeling like forcing GB to walk their starters back on the field for one more series was a moral victory. I was embarrassed and it wasn't about "never giving up" it was purely selfishly motivated. The game was over and GB had clearly won. The classy move would have been to put our own bench out there or at least just played out time without further risk of injury to either team. For those who think it was risk free - what if CeeDee blows a knee and misses next season on a stupid late game play? What if Zack Martin goes down and that is the end of his career protecting Dak trying to stat pad? Just stupid.

So the only stats that should matter, the only game play should matter is the first half of this game. No more excuses. No more ducking, weaving and diving. Dak is aware of the doubts about him and has consistently stated that he wanted the chance to set it right. From Jerry down there has been a message that the time for excuses were over and this team was ready for success. Instead Dak repeated the same pattern as always. We know it is a pattern because this team is 2-6 this season when we play from 'behind'.. even if that is just 1 score. You simply can NOT win meaningful games of football when the defence has to be perfect from the first snap or it is goodnight Irene. The moment we gave up that first TD, I knew (as did many I'm sure) that it was going to be a quick nosedive from there.

Dak end of First Quarter: 1 of 4, 0 yards, 1 INT and a 16.8 passer rating
Dak end of Second Quarter: 3 of 8, 87 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 47.2 passer rating

So just stop. How this man is still our QB I have no idea.. how he still has people defending him I will never know. The guy is a complete and utter fraud and always has been. I just do not get it. We could have had Goff, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford.. or tried to draft for guys like Mahomes, Tua, Stroud, Purdy etc etc.. but no.. we had 'our guy'.. Dak has been treated as untouchable from the day he started in place of Romo and it is now beyond a joke. The man never deserved the amount of respect he gets from the ownership and some fans. Everyone else is very happy we keep Dak because they know it means the Cowboys are going nowhere. Dak is an embarrassment to this franchise.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Hmmm it is hard to find any joy in what is another catastrophic way to end a highly promising season. I have never agreed with the decision to keep Dak. This got me labelled a Romosexual to start with.. which was ironic because I wasn't a massive Romo fan.. I could just see that Dak was smoke and mirrors. My problem with Dak was that I truly thought he cost us a ring in his rookie year because Romo should have got his job back. Instead Carrots clutched at a nice, marketable story and thought he would create history by winning with a Rookie.. that was how stupid clapper was and how dominant our squad was in 2016 that we nearly actually pulled it off.

In the following 8 seasons, I have posted repeatedly about Daks failures and that is because they are same. Every. Single. Time. Dak can't handle multiple reads, Dak throws high and behind when he gets panicked. Dak needs a Top 5 level OLine to give him some of the cleanest and longest pockets in the league and he still takes multiple sacks each game. Dak needs a dominant run game that both bails him out and forces loose coverage out as the defence has to stack the box. During that same time, I have consistently maintained that Dak isn't an "enigma" as some seem to think.. he is an above average quarterback that is a very capable bus driver. Which means that surrounded by talent (8 Pro Bowlers), good coaching and solid schemes he will achieve consistent success. However, it is very rare for even 'above average' QBs to have long playoff runs or indeed win a SB. The only times we have seen this happen is when they are either a rookie or on a low contract which has allowed the manager to absolutely stack the team around them.. or the QB has hit a golden streak of form at exactly the right time. It was this last scenario that was my hope for this season. You don't need an above average QB.. you need an elite QB.

What today should show for anyone who truly cares about this franchise is that it is time for a change at QB. Today was not close. The stat padding in the 2nd half was actually acutely embarrassing, the only 'victory' that could be claimed is on the stat sheet or somehow feeling like forcing GB to walk their starters back on the field for one more series was a moral victory. I was embarrassed and it wasn't about "never giving up" it was purely selfishly motivated. The game was over and GB had clearly won. The classy move would have been to put our own bench out there or at least just played out time without further risk of injury to either team. For those who think it was risk free - what if CeeDee blows a knee and misses next season on a stupid late game play? What if Zack Martin goes down and that is the end of his career protecting Dak trying to stat pad? Just stupid.

So the only stats that should matter, the only game play should matter is the first half of this game. No more excuses. No more ducking, weaving and diving. Dak is aware of the doubts about him and has consistently stated that he wanted the chance to set it right. From Jerry down there has been a message that the time for excuses were over and this team was ready for success. Instead Dak repeated the same pattern as always. We know it is a pattern because this team is 2-6 this season when we play from 'behind'.. even if that is just 1 score. You simply can NOT win meaningful games of football when the defence has to be perfect from the first snap or it is goodnight Irene. The moment we gave up that first TD, I knew (as did many I'm sure) that it was going to be a quick nosedive from there.

Dak end of Second Quarter: 3 of 8, 87 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 47.2 passer rating

So just stop. How this man is still our QB I have no idea.. how he still has people defending him I will never know. The guy is a complete and utter fraud and always has been. I just do not get it. We could have had Goff, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford.. or tried to draft for guys like Mahomes, Tua, Stroud, Purdy etc etc.. but no.. we had 'our guy'.. Dak has been treated as untouchable from the day he started in place of Romo and it is now beyond a joke. The man never deserved the amount of respect he gets from the ownership and some fans. Everyone else is very happy we keep Dak because they know it means the Cowboys are going nowhere. Dak is an embarrassment to this franchise.
Perfectly said.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

:hammer:.....MVP post of 2024.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's plug in Lance boy. Guaranteed by halfway through the 2024 season, you will want him gone. Plus, what good QBs are you going to draft late in Round 1? We have so many holes that need attention currently on this team. The QB position is not one of them.