Sticky: The official Dak sucks thread

zeke21

Reaction score
Let's plug in Lance boy. Guaranteed by halfway through the 2024 season, you will want him gone. Plus, what good QBs are you going to draft late in Round 1? We have so many holes that need attention currently on this team. The QB position is not one of them.
I just can't.. how can you possibly watch that game and still support Dak as our QB.

The man literally just **** his pants on national TV. He had a sub 20 passer rating at quarter time?? He gave up 2 Ints.. including a pick 6..! I mean legit.. what would you have to watch to actually realise you are devoted to the concept of Dak and not reality??

Dak is not the guy. He may be a really great dude.. but he is not the guy that is going to win a championship. No way, no how.

I truly can not understand why you are still defending the indefensible?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just can't.. how can you possibly watch that game and still support Dak as our QB.

The man literally just **** his pants on national TV. He had a sub 20 passer rating at quarter time?? He gave up 2 Ints.. including a pick 6..! I mean legit.. what would you have to watch to actually realise you are devoted to the concept of Dak and not reality??

Dak is not the guy. He may be a really great dude.. but he is not the guy that is going to win a championship. No way, no how.

I truly can not understand why you are still defending the indefensible?
Don’t waste your time with him. ;)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you dumb or are you stupid???

Dak, the rest of the team AND the coaching staff are part of the problem. Can your dumb *** read?? I blamed the whole damn team AND coaches.

Stay in school kid, for real.
Oh I can read just fine. You said "not good enough to win with this roster".

As if it's the roster that sucks.

If you meant something else...maybe its YOU that can't write.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Hmmm it is hard to find any joy in what is another catastrophic way to end a highly promising season. I have never agreed with the decision to keep Dak. This got me labelled a Romosexual to start with.. which was ironic because I wasn't a massive Romo fan.. I could just see that Dak was smoke and mirrors. My problem with Dak was that I truly thought he cost us a ring in his rookie year because Romo should have got his job back. Instead Carrots clutched at a nice, marketable story and thought he would create history by winning with a Rookie.. that was how stupid clapper was and how dominant our squad was in 2016 that we nearly actually pulled it off.

In the following 8 seasons, I have posted repeatedly about Daks failures and that is because they are same. Every. Single. Time. Dak can't handle multiple reads, Dak throws high and behind when he gets panicked. Dak needs a Top 5 level OLine to give him some of the cleanest and longest pockets in the league and he still takes multiple sacks each game. Dak needs a dominant run game that both bails him out and forces loose coverage out as the defence has to stack the box. During that same time, I have consistently maintained that Dak isn't an "enigma" as some seem to think.. he is an above average quarterback that is a very capable bus driver. Which means that surrounded by talent (8 Pro Bowlers), good coaching and solid schemes he will achieve consistent success. However, it is very rare for even 'above average' QBs to have long playoff runs or indeed win a SB. The only times we have seen this happen is when they are either a rookie or on a low contract which has allowed the manager to absolutely stack the team around them.. or the QB has hit a golden streak of form at exactly the right time. It was this last scenario that was my hope for this season. You don't need an above average QB.. you need an elite QB.

What today should show for anyone who truly cares about this franchise is that it is time for a change at QB. Today was not close. The stat padding in the 2nd half was actually acutely embarrassing, the only 'victory' that could be claimed is on the stat sheet or somehow feeling like forcing GB to walk their starters back on the field for one more series was a moral victory. I was embarrassed and it wasn't about "never giving up" it was purely selfishly motivated. The game was over and GB had clearly won. The classy move would have been to put our own bench out there or at least just played out time without further risk of injury to either team. For those who think it was risk free - what if CeeDee blows a knee and misses next season on a stupid late game play? What if Zack Martin goes down and that is the end of his career protecting Dak trying to stat pad? Just stupid.

So the only stats that should matter, the only game play should matter is the first half of this game. No more excuses. No more ducking, weaving and diving. Dak is aware of the doubts about him and has consistently stated that he wanted the chance to set it right. From Jerry down there has been a message that the time for excuses were over and this team was ready for success. Instead Dak repeated the same pattern as always. We know it is a pattern because this team is 2-6 this season when we play from 'behind'.. even if that is just 1 score. You simply can NOT win meaningful games of football when the defence has to be perfect from the first snap or it is goodnight Irene. The moment we gave up that first TD, I knew (as did many I'm sure) that it was going to be a quick nosedive from there.

Dak end of First Quarter: 1 of 4, 0 yards, 1 INT and a 16.8 passer rating
Dak end of Second Quarter: 3 of 8, 87 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 47.2 passer rating

So just stop. How this man is still our QB I have no idea.. how he still has people defending him I will never know. The guy is a complete and utter fraud and always has been. I just do not get it. We could have had Goff, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford.. or tried to draft for guys like Mahomes, Tua, Stroud, Purdy etc etc.. but no.. we had 'our guy'.. Dak has been treated as untouchable from the day he started in place of Romo and it is now beyond a joke. The man never deserved the amount of respect he gets from the ownership and some fans. Everyone else is very happy we keep Dak because they know it means the Cowboys are going nowhere. Dak is an embarrassment to this franchise.
:hammer::clap:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
They are both chokers in the biggest of moments in big games.
The Minnesota game I’ll give you but the OL did collapse in that game. Other than that, Romo played well in his playoff appearances. It was a different league back then; Romo’s injuries caught up to him because Jerry was too dumb to give Romo a consistently good OL and when he finally realized that, 2014 Green Bay happened, 2015 collarbone, and the unfortunate Dakota era begins in 2016. God I hate Dak

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Minnesota game I’ll give you but the OL did collapse in that game. Other than that, Romo played well in his playoff appearances. It was a different league back then; Romo’s injuries caught up to him because Jerry was too dumb to give Romo a consistently good OL and when he finally realized that, 2014 Green Bay happened, 2015 collarbone, and the unfortunate Dakota era begins in 2016. God I hate Dak
Fumbling a gimme FG snap was a pretty huge choke job. It made the ending of the fictional North Dallas 40 into a reality.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hmmm it is hard to find any joy in what is another catastrophic way to end a highly promising season. I have never agreed with the decision to keep Dak. This got me labelled a Romosexual to start with.. which was ironic because I wasn't a massive Romo fan.. I could just see that Dak was smoke and mirrors. My problem with Dak was that I truly thought he cost us a ring in his rookie year because Romo should have got his job back. Instead Carrots clutched at a nice, marketable story and thought he would create history by winning with a Rookie.. that was how stupid clapper was and how dominant our squad was in 2016 that we nearly actually pulled it off.

In the following 8 seasons, I have posted repeatedly about Daks failures and that is because they are same. Every. Single. Time. Dak can't handle multiple reads, Dak throws high and behind when he gets panicked. Dak needs a Top 5 level OLine to give him some of the cleanest and longest pockets in the league and he still takes multiple sacks each game. Dak needs a dominant run game that both bails him out and forces loose coverage out as the defence has to stack the box. During that same time, I have consistently maintained that Dak isn't an "enigma" as some seem to think.. he is an above average quarterback that is a very capable bus driver. Which means that surrounded by talent (8 Pro Bowlers), good coaching and solid schemes he will achieve consistent success. However, it is very rare for even 'above average' QBs to have long playoff runs or indeed win a SB. The only times we have seen this happen is when they are either a rookie or on a low contract which has allowed the manager to absolutely stack the team around them.. or the QB has hit a golden streak of form at exactly the right time. It was this last scenario that was my hope for this season. You don't need an above average QB.. you need an elite QB.

What today should show for anyone who truly cares about this franchise is that it is time for a change at QB. Today was not close. The stat padding in the 2nd half was actually acutely embarrassing, the only 'victory' that could be claimed is on the stat sheet or somehow feeling like forcing GB to walk their starters back on the field for one more series was a moral victory. I was embarrassed and it wasn't about "never giving up" it was purely selfishly motivated. The game was over and GB had clearly won. The classy move would have been to put our own bench out there or at least just played out time without further risk of injury to either team. For those who think it was risk free - what if CeeDee blows a knee and misses next season on a stupid late game play? What if Zack Martin goes down and that is the end of his career protecting Dak trying to stat pad? Just stupid.

So the only stats that should matter, the only game play should matter is the first half of this game. No more excuses. No more ducking, weaving and diving. Dak is aware of the doubts about him and has consistently stated that he wanted the chance to set it right. From Jerry down there has been a message that the time for excuses were over and this team was ready for success. Instead Dak repeated the same pattern as always. We know it is a pattern because this team is 2-6 this season when we play from 'behind'.. even if that is just 1 score. You simply can NOT win meaningful games of football when the defence has to be perfect from the first snap or it is goodnight Irene. The moment we gave up that first TD, I knew (as did many I'm sure) that it was going to be a quick nosedive from there.

Dak end of First Quarter: 1 of 4, 0 yards, 1 INT and a 16.8 passer rating
Dak end of Second Quarter: 3 of 8, 87 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs and a 47.2 passer rating

So just stop. How this man is still our QB I have no idea.. how he still has people defending him I will never know. The guy is a complete and utter fraud and always has been. I just do not get it. We could have had Goff, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford.. or tried to draft for guys like Mahomes, Tua, Stroud, Purdy etc etc.. but no.. we had 'our guy'.. Dak has been treated as untouchable from the day he started in place of Romo and it is now beyond a joke. The man never deserved the amount of respect he gets from the ownership and some fans. Everyone else is very happy we keep Dak because they know it means the Cowboys are going nowhere. Dak is an embarrassment to this franchise.
Dude, I never looked at the stat padding this time around from this angle, especially with the second team defense of GB. You are dead on with this selfish stat-padder. Rush and the back-ups should have been in.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your "truth" is conditional on a Dak lead Cowboys at least making it to a conference title game.

Time is running out on that. Sorry, I just don't see it happening. Dak disappears when the stakes are too high.
Fix the Oline (could be done with a better coach). Sign Derrick Henry or draft a mid round big RB. Draft another stud WR to help threat opposing Defenses (can't be successful only relying on CeeDee) and definitely get a better D-Coordinator.

Problem fixed.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
when you're a dak lover you have to make fun of Romo to somehow make the loser prescott look better. Romo hurt some of these guy's feelings and they are now all in on dak hoping and praying the loser will win something so they can blame Romo. I know, bizarre thinking but they are dak lovers. Before the week is out one of the usual lovers will post some stupid stats or YouTube video on how dak is the best ever. They don't care if we ever win crap as long as their loverboy is playing for the Cowboys. sad, but true.
I cringe every week he posts the chase daniel breakdown …. wonder what that will be like this week !

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
God I hate Dak
I don't. He took advantage of a situation that is all. The responsibility of figuring out what the Cowboys had with Dak was on the Cowboys. But instead of being dispassionate about it Jerry gets swept up in media hype and extends him. Realistically Dak should be a backup QB somewhere. Should never have seen a huge payday but hey, this is what happens when your GM is a fan and not a GM and surrounds himself with sycophantic people.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is it, some human's cant work under pressure, have anxiety issues and just linger on what's happened and cant remove it from their mind and move on ......that's Dak. You see him wilt as soon as something goes wrong (in this case the first CD drop, which was imo about 50/50 throw/catch). Dak couldnt let it go, have a go at Lamb and get MM involved.

Own it and move on.....but he cant because in the back of his mind he knows he's at a disadvantage if he needs to step out of his comfort zone and makes things happen. It's in his head and no roster, coaching team are going to overcome that.
I wouldn’t attribute it all to anxiety. GB did a really good job of taking CeeDee Lamb out the game and Dak can’t read the field. The pick 6, he was staring Lamb down the whole game. He can’t throw against zones and is slow processing the field. He’s been the lowest rated QBs when playing from behind for a reason. This offense was struggling 3 out of the last 4 games going into the playoffs, with their only win coming from the Commanders….

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He can’t throw against zones and is slow processing the field. He’s been the lowest rated QBs when playing from behind for a reason. This offense was struggling 3 out of the last 4 games going into the playoffs, with their only win coming from the Commanders….
This goes back to that Jimmie Ward quote about how to beat him.....stop the run and see if Dak can work if out. Get a lead and make Dak throw the ball (Cover 2, with a post snap Safety shift = it's all over).
My point on anxiety is that Dak (and the league) knows this and Dak worries it will expose him again.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
They don't care if we ever win crap as long as their loverboy is playing for the Cowboys. sad, but true.
I honestly believe this statement is accurate, and it infuriates me.

Often used phrase on this board, but this is the mentality of the "Dak over Dallas" fan, in a nutshell.

And ironically, it's our fanhood that gets questioned and maligned.