*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Jerry has a new deal in principle with the next coach, he may wait until the 14th just to spit in everybody's faces.
erod--i dont understand Jones always having to play some kind of publicity game?

NewCoach

Reaction score
You sound like a cross between a conspiracy theorists and a cartoon artist. Pictures of Jones and a sheep, ya right. Did that one come to you in a dream? You are right to a point, but you're also wrong too. If players actually played better, there would be less coaches fired. Some fired coaches unfortunately didn't have the best talent to work with and that usually falls on the GM for getting the talent.but also unfortunately the head coach is the easy escape goat. Then you're just like the other yahoos that find it a legit comparison between when there was no salary cap and a lot less free agent movement and a game that is played differently than life today in the NFL. Lets not forget that the 90's Cowboys had more talent and DEEP talent than this team. Back then Jones could pay his backups starting pay money because there was no cap and then when the cap came those backups had to be let go who became starters on other teams showing just how deep the talent ran on those 90's teams. There was a year that 10 out of the 11 starting offense were Pro Bowlers that no other team before or since has done. Yet you seem to think that comparing that situation to this team is somehow legit. Oh by the way, it was just Larry Allen who had the 500+ pounds but then he was also the strongest man in the NFL. Lastly many if not most of the other coaches and front office personnel have respect for Garrett and not a single person has ever said anything about fake smiles or platitudes but have talked about his character, and football knowledge and his ability to keep an even head and not let emotions rule his decisions.

You on the other hand let your hatred see things that aren't there. I think Jones is just letting Garrett's contract officially expire before moving on to the next coach. I also think Garrett will be back coaching some place else, maybe not as a head coach again right away, but someday sooner rather than later he will be. Oh one more thing, if Garrett was truly as bad and was so fake as you think there would be a list a mile long of former players and coaches that have said those types of things yet there's only been two, one of which has complained about things on every team he was ever on, Owens. So that count as zilch.

It's a joke/figure of speech. Christ.

There's plenty of talent on this team. You have 3 possible HOF linemen, plus a 4th who is elite at his position. You have a Pro Bowl RB, a Pro Bowl WR, a Pro Bowl QB. A defense that was still in the upper half of defenses in the NFL, even if it has weak points at safety and DT. And this was a .500 team in the worst division in some time.

I'm not comparing the 90s situation to the current one. My point was that Garrett never had to learn anything in the way of scheming to maximize success/overcome weaknesses, because he was observing the coaching of a STACKED roster, especially on offense.

Stepnoski and Newton both benched over 500 pounds. Allen's was 700.

The former players and coaches who praise him are guys who never played for him. And it's not just two. Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton, Jesse Holley, and Dez Bryant have all been very clear that they do not like Garrett. Wade Phillips made it clear he does not like Garrett. There's another former assistant coach I won't name because I haven't gotten his permission...he does not like Garrett.

Tony Romo publicly called out Garrett in 2008 more blatantly than any of the guys I named, but nobody even seems to remember that. It led to Garrett meeting with him privately to shut him up.

It's referenced here at 5:13 on:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's a joke/figure of speech. Christ.

There's plenty of talent on this team. You have 3 possible HOF linemen, plus a 4th who is elite at his position. You have a Pro Bowl RB, a Pro Bowl WR, a Pro Bowl QB. A defense that was still in the upper half of defenses in the NFL, even if it has weak points at safety and DT. And this was a .500 team in the worst division in some time.

I'm not comparing the 90s situation to the current one. My point was that Garrett never had to learn anything in the way of scheming to maximize success/overcome weaknesses, because he was observing the coaching of a STACKED roster, especially on offense.

Stepnoski and Newton both benched over 500 pounds. Allen's was 700.

The former players and coaches who praise him are guys who never played for him. And it's not just two. Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton, Jesse Holley, and Dez Bryant have all been very clear that they do not like Garrett. Wade Phillips made it clear he does not like Garrett. There's another former assistant coach I won't name because I haven't gotten his permission...he does not like Garrett.

Tony Romo publicly called out Garrett in 2008 more blatantly than any of the guys I named, but nobody even seems to remember that. It led to Garrett meeting with him privately to shut him up.

It's referenced here at 5:13 on:

Aww! New poster!
Welcome!
We have a few definitive personalities here so let me repeat a recent post:
gjk is so unenjoyable a convo.
Up there with Dre11.

They're Joe Friday without a badge.

loublue22

Reaction score
not sure we can get Rhule, I've never seen like a Cowboys smock before

817Gill

Reaction score
My buddy just texted me that Garrett signed a 3 tear extension. He’s a skins fan so he was laughing and talking smack which made me think he want making it up lol. I’ve scoured all sources and see no such news,

hopefully my friend isn’t breaking the news lol but he’s making me nervous

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My buddy just texted me that Garrett signed a 3 tear extension. He’s a skins fan so he was laughing and talking smack which made me think he want making it up lol. I’ve scoured all sources and see no such news,

hopefully my friend isn’t breaking the news lol but he’s making me nervous
You can get benched for posting this nonsense.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Heard mike florio talk about it before on radio.

Said when Garret was a FA coach last time he got no other offers. Wasn’t even linked to other teams.

It’s also funny this time around he hasn’t been rumored to be going to any other teams (outside the BS giant rumors).

Jerry said Garret would be highly sought after? Just another way he thinks we’re idiots.

cellarrodent

Reaction score
Whata we watching here exactly...how many year extension he's going to get? He's the only coach willing to take the fall for the real coach here..."JJ", and keep his mouth shut. Who the hell else would even consider this job that's reputable?

cellarrodent

Reaction score
Heard mike florio talk about it before on radio.

Said when Garret was a FA coach last time he got no other offers. Wasn’t even linked to other teams.

It’s also funny this time around he hasn’t been rumored to be going to any other teams (outside the BS giant rumors).

Jerry said Garret would be highly sought after? Just another way he thinks we’re idiots.
Come on now...Pimps do know other Pimps!