The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
actually, its Trey over Dallas...because obviously you just want to support trey regardless of anything else.

YEAR4...and you are complaining he hasn't had experience. Love Sat behind Rodgers for 4 years. Rodgers was behind Favre. and I can name 10s of others who sat, watched and learned and performed. yet here we are.....he needs another 4 years and a ton of experience just so that somebody can determine if, he may actually turn out to be nothing but a good QB (elite is not possible).

time to move on. accept the fact, Lance is nothing but at best a good back up QB in this league....and he is not worth the time and investment if you are serious about making a superbowl run.

before you say neither is Dak (expected typical answer for Daksessed people), its time to look else where.
I suppprt all Dallas players. I will still support Dak going into this season. I will support Trey to keep improving.
I am not Trey over Dallas. But keep making things up.

I read no further than your first line. As I already know it would be a waste of my time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak choking in the playoffs is stupidity to hand him a huge contract, again.
wait. what? you are all over the place dude.

I didn't say hand him a contract. you all Daksessed people complain he has had 8 years and still sucks...but want to give more years to Lance to figure out what?

come on dude. stick to your own topic

but I get it you are Daksessed. your go to move when get cornered is Dak this and Dak that

RoboQB

Reaction score
I skimmed through several comments here.
A few comments of my own:

-The best pass of the game was the dropped TD to #6(Burnett). A beautiful throw.
-The running ability of Lance should warrant a game package for him. Kinda like the McNabb/Vick time in Philthy.
- I'd love to see how Lance would do with all starters
on the field. #79 RT was essentially a saloon door.
Cooks would've caught what Burnett dropped and Lamb wouldn't lose the jump ball that #14 lost.
-Chargers Safety, Tony Jefferson is no scrub. He's a 10 year veteran. Was very good in his days with the Ravens.
-The biggest missed throw was the one to Deuce. I believe he would've scored and that would be the most discussed highlight of the game.
-Not what I hoped for but overall Lance showed flashes of promise and ability.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I didn't say hand him a contract. you all Daksessed people complain he has had 8 years and still sucks...but want to give more years to Lance to figure out what?

but I get it you are Daksessed. your go to move when get cornered is Dak this and Dak that

That is the question. Because Lance might be cheaper than Dak. But him and his agent won't exactly be settling for a cheap contract, if they can convince the front office that Lance can and will develop into this very great QB, who'll eventually lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl win. Lance's agent will be negotiating insisting to Jerry how Lance just needs a little more time, but that it's worth to play him a hefty contract to keep him on the Dallas roster in the meantime.

Lance's contract will not be cheap since his agent is going to do everything to convince Jerry that he can be as valuable to the Cowboys as some fans believes and hopes he can be.

khiladi

Reaction score
If they were planning to start Trey, they would have player him with the starters. They didn’t even exercise the option for next year.

They are just playing the season out and seeing where they stand. That is the most likely scenario.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Exactly................people that don't understand this, clearly do not understand what sunk cost fallacy is.

Just because the 49ers traded three 1st round picks for him, they did not let that influence their decision that he sucks and therefore, they did the appropriate thing and ditched him off to some sucker for the best offer they could get.
GM Jethro wanted double check their math.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am not a Dak obsessed fan. Again you are making things up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not a Dak obsessed fan. Again you are making things up.
Trance is a great athlete. He is not a QB. Time to move on. Trance fans said they would wait to judge after preseason. Preseason is over. He sucked. Time to move on.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Put in your likes, dislikes.
Keep it within the guidelines and do not turn this into a name calling and personal insults thread.
Also do not turn it into a Dak thread.

This is the thread to talk about Trey Lances outing in the last preseason game.
I feel badly for him ......... he knows it's over.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
so if he doesn't have the experience and needs a lot of time to learn basic stuff, then why waste time? that's my point. because he can run fast? is that it?

I said it before, if he was a 6th round pick then people would have already walked away and forgotten. but because he was the 3rd over all pick, everyone is hanging on with the dear life.

he should have been a 6th or 7th round pick with that type of experience.
Because it is hard to find quality QBs. He has natural skills that a lot of other QBs don't have. If you can untap his potential, then you've hit the jackpot. Most likely, though, that's not going to happen because he needs a lot of playing time just to get down some of the rudimentary stuff a QB has to recognize. But teams waste time on a player like him because there are just not that many great QBs in the league and when you see someone with the talent to become one, you want to explore the possibility as much as you can.

He was a first-round pick because of his running ability and his arm talent, but I agree with you that his experience was worthy of a later pick. Would have had no problem with Dallas spending a fourth-round pick on the player, though, when he was drafted. You rarely find QBs in the fourth round who are ready to step in and start like Dak did. In fact, most of them never become starters. For that matter, a lot of other first-round picks at the position also flame out like Lance did, but most of those at least enter the league with a lot more experience that he has.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because it is hard to find quality QBs. He has natural skills that a lot of other QBs don't have. If you can untap his potential, then you've hit the jackpot. Most likely, though, that's not going to happen because he needs a lot of playing time just to get down some of the rudimentary stuff a QB has to recognize. But teams waste time on a player like him because there are just not that many great QBs in the league and when you see someone with the talent to become one, you want to explore the possibility as much as you can.

He was a first-round pick because of his running ability and his arm talent, but I agree with you that his experience was worthy of a later pick. Would have had no problem with Dallas spending a fourth-round pick on the player, though, when he was drafted. You rarely find QBs in the fourth round who are ready to step in and start like Dak did. In fact, most of them never become starters. For that matter, a lot of other first-round picks at the position also flame out like Lance did, but most of those at least enter the league with a lot more experience that he has.
The only natural skill he has is running and that is not a QB requirement.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's kinda one of the issues though, that he needs all of this time, effort and money to get him to that point. We could just draft a QB coming out next season and be as much or even further along in their development than where Lance is today, but would be younger and cost less. This is year 4 and should be further along in his development, he's had time and means on his own to work out his mechanics, it's not all on the 9ers and Cowboys to fix those issues. His athleticism and legs are intriguing, but 4 yearsIf in, still struggles with basic passes a QB should make at any level, passes into the flat should not be an adventure.
Mechanics aren't his biggest issue. Yes, he needs to get those passes down. Being able to read an NFL defense is the biggest issue. That comes with experience.

Yes, we could draft a QB next season who is much further along in his development, but unless you are drafting one in the first round, you are not finding one with his skills. You are finding one who understands the game better but was taken later in the draft because of other flaws. The question is whether you'd rather have someone with experience-oriented flaws or physical/mental flaws that they haven't been able to fix despite experience.

The player with all the skills but lacking experience is more intriguing because there's that chance that with experience, he could turn out to be great. I made a comment about Cooper Rush having a high football IQ. It's easy to see when he's out there. However, no matter how well he understands the game that's not going to make him a starting NFL QB because his physical limitations are always going to hold him back.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The only natural skill he has is running and that is not a QB requirement.
And someone who calls him Trance would only see and believe that. No one can take anything you have to say about him seriously because you obviously are prejudiced against the player, like mountaineercowboy is about Dak.