The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did you watch him play? He did a good job of working through his progressions yesterday when time permitted. Mistakes happen when he rushed
Once the Cowboys give up on him, he’ll end up in the UFL if it’s still around.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
75 percent good? With 5 interceptions against guys off the street? So you must think Dak has never had a bad game in his career?
10% very bad. What % do you think the interceptions were?

I didn't say it wasn't a bad game. 10% very bad is way too high.

Obviously, he is not ready. But he showed a ton of potential when he wasn't very bad, which was the vast majority of plays. He had 400+ yards with almost 70% completion rate. Let's not ignore that and pretend it was all bad.

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean I got what he was saying. The message wasn’t entirely wrong it was just more so the timing. You just got your *** whooped and your first thought is to justify it by saying it’s it that bad lol. That’s more so my issue. Dak ain’t losing no close SB the minute he get this monkey off his back he winning a ring lol.
If he wins a ring , I hope to hell it's with us!

Can you imagine how Jerry would take it if he let's Dak walk and Daks new team gets a Lombardi?.........he'd have a coronary

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Can you imagine how Jerry would take it if he let's Dak walk and Daks new team gets a Lombardi?.........he'd have a coronary
Oh and I don’t wish this on him but I think he would be on his way out if that happened. Had Romo stayed healthy and won a ring that might’ve hurt him then. He goes down with the ship and if he bails and the ship goes on to have success he despises it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
10% very bad. What % do you think the interceptions were?

I didn't say it wasn't a bad game. 10% very bad is way too high.

Obviously, he is not ready. But he showed a ton of potential when he wasn't very bad, which was the vast majority of plays. He had 400+ yards with almost 70% completion rate. Let's not ignore that and pretend it was all bad.
One interception can be the difference in winning or losing a game. Jalen Hurts lost a SB only because of one turnover despite outplaying Mahomes.

So I get what you’re saying his stats were only affected by a small percentage but 5 interceptions is more than 10 percent. That’s more like 80 percent.
You can’t win a game throwing 5 interceptions.

If he has 150 yards and 2 touchdowns it would’ve been far more productive then what he did.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Explain why the Niners would be laughing… since,as you yourself pointed out, Jerry sunk a 4TH into the player while the Niners sank A BOATLOAD of draft capital on same-said player.
Obviously the 49ers screwed up putting that much draft capital into Lance, so in that aspect, they are not exactly happy. But ...

The reason I think the 49ers are laughing at the Cowboys is because they got SOMETHING for their mistake when they were looking at getting nothing for Lance after they would have let him walk either via cut or not resigning.

Then the fact they traded him to the Cowboys of all teams, just puts the proverbial cherry on top.

That doesn't even include the possibility that Jerry will resign Lance, which based off his entire body of work in college and the NFL should only be near the vet minimum, but knowing Jerry, he will over pay, just will had to the laughter the 49ers can have at the expense of the Cowboys.

So ya, I think we all make mistakes. But anytime you can get ANYTHING positive out of those mistakes, I believe it would be wise to chuckle a little and let yourself know it could have been much worse.

JMHO

Nav22

Reaction score
“Year 4”

Again with the absolutes.

Like he hasnt been hurt or learning a new system for most of that.

He lacks experience. Duh.. Use your brain people.
Are you really pretending QBs can't learn and develop without playing actual games?

Jordan Love, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo say hi.

This is year 2 of the same system, and year 4 overall.

He was worth a #3 overall pick in 2021.

He was worth a 4th-round pick in 2023.

What's he worth today if the Cowboys wanted to trade him? Like a 7th?

That's called a trend. Use your brain.
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Then draft another.

Stop being scared to draft QBs.

It’s easier than ever to find QBs. We found Dak in round 4. It’s not some daunting task now days.
How many QBs were drafted in 2016?

How many of them are even close to as good as Dak?

Hell, how many FIRST ROUND QBs since 2016 are even close to as good as Dak???

"It's easier than ever!!!"
:lmao2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
One interception can be the difference in winning or losing a game. Jalen Hurts lost a SB only because of one turnover despite outplaying Mahomes.

So I get what you’re saying his stats were only affected by a small percentage but 5 interceptions is more than 10 percent. That’s more like 80 percent.
You can’t win a game throwing 5 interceptions.

If he has 150 yards and 2 touchdowns it would’ve been far more productive then what he did.
He had 49 passes. Then he had his runs.

5 is less than 10% of that.

It's not a measure of the impact (which the last one had very little impact - anything short of a TD is the same result - there's a very small success rate in that scenario). It's a measure of how often plays were bad v good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had 49 passes. Then he had his runs.

5 is less than 10% of that.

It's not a measure of the impact (which the last one had very little impact - anything short of a TD is the same result - there's a very small success rate in that scenario). It's a measure of how often plays were bad v good.
Ok so im guess you were ok with Daks game against the Packers? I seem to remember you weren’t though?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ok so im guess you were ok with Daks game against the Packers? I seem to remember you weren’t though?
No.

I'm not saying I'm okay with Trey's overall game yesterday. I said it's not good enough and he has a long ways to go. He is by no means ready to start in the NFL.

But, also during that game, he showed a ton of potential.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Dak ain't sniffing a Bardy unless he's backing up Mahomes or something.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Three first rounders for one of the best teams the league. You are right I doubt they are laughing. Then they used our pick on a running back. 24 year old running back with McCaffery on the team.
People just don't get it. Does anyone really think 49er fans care about Trey Lance when they're competing for SBs. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be having a high old time thinking the 49ers got taken. Nobody cares about mistakes if you make up for them. The Cowboys never do. The last time the Cowboys got over on a team was the Walker trade and we know who was behind that.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yes, many of us also witnessed Romo throwing 4 or 5 interceptions after he was a starter in the league for 6 or 7 years! So, we need to freaking chill on judging him too harshly. Lance actually made some amazing plays as well and a couple of throws Dak couldn't even make... Quit nut rolling DCF! Some of those interceptions weren't his fault but many were, this is what pre season is for.. Lance is also playing with scrubs, so give the kid a pass because he actually looked damn good at times.

Romo never did it in preseason against 3rd and 4th stringers though. Because if it's going to be pointed out that Lance is playing with scrubs, then him struggling while playing against scrubs on the opposing team has to be factored in too.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Wow. Learn football.
People forget Romo was playing at an elite level his last couple of seasons he got better and better as a QB. And his playoff performances in the two games in 2014 was superb as well. It was the injuries that did him in, he likely would have taken that 2016 team to the Super Bowl