The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I disagree. I'm not on the dak bandwagon but i watch alot of the other teams around the league and there are some horrible QBs out there. Unless we think we can get the next mahomes, i don't know about getting rid of dak

khiladi

Reaction score
This is why the saying is for GMs, "if you listen to the fans then soon you will be sitting with them". As far as QBs who can make the Cowboys better, considering that among GMs coaches, and scouts (you know the professionals who study players and how to beat/value them for a living), Dak is a top 10 QB, you are probably looking at maybe 7-8 who are not a downgrade. I am also somewhat sure that the other teams with their top 10 guys are not going to be moving off of them anytime soon. That basically leaves you with the option of downgrading and there are not exactly a lot of teams that have gotten better after getting worse at QB.
Jerry listened to the fans regarding Dak, like he did with Garrett. Forum members were comparing Garrett to the next Tom Landry. If Jerry listened to the 4 Horsemen on here, he wouldn’t have wasted so many years on this QB in training.

khiladi

Reaction score
I disagree. I'm not on the dak bandwagon but i watch alot of the other teams around the league and there are some horrible QBs out there. Unless we think we can get the next mahomes, i don't know about getting rid of dak
On horrible franchises…. Rush is a practice QB, but he’s 5-1 with this team. If anything, Dak has been incredibly lucky to walk into this situation.

Adreme

Reaction score
Jerry listened to the fans regarding Dak, like he did with Garrett. Forum members were comparing Garrett to the next Tom Landry. If Jerry listened to the 4 Horsemen on here, he wouldn’t have wasted so many years on this QB in training.
Fans were calling for Garrett to be fired about 5 years before he was.

However lets back up. When the list of top QBs comes out in a few months, made by coaches GMs and scouts, Dak will almost certainly once again be in the top 10. I would expect to see him around 6-8. This means you think there are only 5-7 QBs who are not "in training" which I guess if you think you can get one of them by all means but I somehow doubt they are on the trade market.

kevm3

Reaction score
Coaching matters. GM matters. I thought Herbert was the next golden boy but he's been missing the playoffs and had an awful year last year with the same OC as Dak. Watch how much better he does under Harbaugh. Look at Trevor Lawrence. Supposed to be the next can't miss prospect but looked terrible until Doug Pederson got there.

The problem is the GM, or rather the lack thereof, and we'll have the same results even with the just switching out of talent.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but jason was this close.

giphy.gif

leeblair

Reaction score
So Dak plays defense? We have a GM problem, aka someone who manages the WHOLE TEAM.
Dak wasn't good in the playoffs at all, but the defense had a historic collapse. The packers until they let up off the gas probably could have dropped 70 points on the Cowboys. The team, yet again, didn't come prepared. Replacing the QB is going to have the same results as Romo. 2nd round ceiling. We should have gotten Harbaugh or even Bellichick, but our organization isn't dedicated to winning, so once again we'll see a soft team that's unprepared to go deep in the playoffs. We might be surprised for a bit when we assemble something that beats up on powder-puff teams and perhaps convincingly, but when we come against the bruisers, they are likely to destroy the Cowboys AGAIN.

People keep screaming about QB replacement, but replace with WHO? We could just as easily be in the same position as Washington and the Giants. Sorry, but that's not going to fix the culture problem and the talent acquisition problem. This year we'll likely hear the SAME dance and circus about going all in while we get worse. Didn't we just create another big hole at LT by letting Tyron walk? Pollard is likely gone too so no run game. We also have holes on defense and a new DC who will want 'his guys', so how exactly are we going to fill those holes through the draft only and grabbing some budget bin players through FA? Do we even have our later round picks? I thought those were the ones we traded for Cooks and Gilmore.

Sorry, the only way to inspire confidence in this team is getting a REAL GM in here and a coach that's not Jerry's buddy. Harbaugh and Bellichick were right there, but we needed to roll with the same crew another year.
The defense will ALWAYS collapse when the starting quarterback spots the opposing team 14 points and does nothing for his own team.
You guys like to blame the defense in order to take the heat off of Dak, but he caused the defense to collapse.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The defense will ALWAYS collapse when the starting quarterback spots the opposing team 14 points and does nothing for his own team.
You guys like to blame the defense in order to take the heat off of Dak, but he caused the defense to collapse.
well if the refs would have given the ball back to us after every GB score we could have done something. The NFL sucks, they hate Dallas.

Mannix

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Clear and concise early candidate for post of the 1st quarter

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
Jerry knows he can “sell hope to the fans” every year. He’ll make whatever moves he wants. Dallas Cowboys fans are never going to turn their back on the team under any circumstance. Go buy another key chain.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
he is not selling hope to ardent fans or average fans like you.

he is selling hope to the fringe and casual fans. ardent fans aren't going anywhere, they just come to this board and complain and argue.

casual fans spend money, buy jerseys, go to stadium and want the experience. Jerry gives them that experience.

Dak is 5th in jersey sales. hate him as much as you want, but what that says is that there are a lot of fans buying his jersey. money made. profits maximize. franchise value increased.

there are no QBs in the FA market that are better than Dak. they are all the same 6 of one half a dozen of the other. no difference.. the only other potential path is draft. there is no viable candidates this year. and we have the 24th pick.

somebody posted the success rates of first round QBs winning superbowls, large majority of whom were top 10 picks. we don't have draft capital to move up to top 10. and given all the holes on this team, we don't have the draft capital and money to provide support for any rookie who will step in. I am not saying we shouldn't, but what the reality is if we go that route. its not nirvana. on top of that dallas went 12-5. so Jerry with his all in comment, can't put a rookie at the helm and expect success and that we are all in.

everyone will point to Purdy. yet the last time there was a Purdy, it was Brady and it was 25 years ago. so literally lottery in the draft. every 25 years. lets not forget the team purdy has around him. is jerry capable of doing that?

this is not advocating to keep Dak, as some will inevitably say that. its just stating the reality we are in. this ain't yahoo fantasy football and we are in a bad place right now. all options suck. the question is what is less sucky.....

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
That’s a temporary fix. Then the same group will complain about the next quartback just like they did Romo- who some who hated now love. If it’s not the quarterback it’ll be Jerry or Stephen or something else.

The only way confidence is restored is by winning and it starts with a championship game as a small step.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never bash dak, I support the crap out of him, because he's dak good.
Love that Dak I mean how could you not?
FG heaven and every Red-Zone trip is an adventure in nail-biting and gulping down tons of bourbon!
The LV bags, the Dak dance, and when I hear the HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO oh Mama Mia what a QB!!!!
The playoff @@@ whippings oh man give me some Dak and don't forget the N.Y. Giants as we need to get to 12 wins!!! :muttley:

Chasing6

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
Hahaha

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s become entertaining watching this one segment of fans in such peril with our QB.

I can’t help myself rooting for an extended contract just to tantalize them. Lol

It doesn’t matter what we think anyway. Jethro is going to do what he wants. I have little hope either way but this provides an outside source of entertainment in this forum :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How the heck do you restore confidence in the team and in the fan base by replacing your starting QB who’s coming off one of the best seasons of their career and was second for league MVP? Do some of you actually think the fan base is going to be more confident with Justin Fields, Russell Wilson, or some other QB that’s been kicked to the curb? You’re actually going to get all juiced up about the 2024 season, thinking Super Bowl with those QBs? :laugh: Some of you need to stop living in the past with Russell Wilson, the guy is practically done. He’s coming off three straight losing seasons and has been dumped twice in three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.