CFZ The Organic Tank

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It was clear that JJ was upset after the SF loss as he did not immediately give a vote of confidence to MM’s return. The relationship between MM and the FO seems icy and tense now. MM is 2 years into a 5 year deal. JJ is paying him whether he is HC or not. Do you bring in a new HC and pay two guys while you adjust your roster and try and solve your cap issues?
Amazing you didn't mention Moore once. He cost us the division title in 2019 in Philly when he decided to sit our two WR's & called a run on 4th & goal & playoff vs Niners calling a hideous quarterback draw while the opponent was playing sideline defense. Again, he should have had Dak toss it.

MM had half the players when Covid-19 struck worldwide. No practices, preseason, nothing. Yet managed 6 wins with what he had. The following season he took this team to 12-5 (3 of those losses were on Zuerlein). No, absolutely not do you bring in a new HC. Give the man a chance. FIRE MOORE, you know, that offensive coordinator whose currently ranked 25th!

JJ loves MM. Not sure who your resources are. And Quinn is a horrible HC. Falcons ring a bell?!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s clear you like the moves and cuts… but these were all guys this FO signed and extended— so if they were all bad apples like you suggest— why pay them big money to begin with? But I digress

We can certainly have different opinions about the offseason. No problem there— but there are some objective facts to consider as well:

1. To this point— the roster is less talented in 2022 vs 2021. Do you agree?

2. The FO has chosen to maintain the status quo on the coaching staff… and not to add any significant upgrades via FA (to this point).

You have a point. They may add some guys after the draft— and they had some success adding some FAs last year that performed well.

That said— this roster was clearly not good enough last year to contend. Your “addition by subtraction” approach is flawed in my opinion. It’s propped up on the expectation that rookies and less expensive players will all play above their expected production levels.

Your optimism fits right in with the FO’s approach lol… You may be right. Maybe it all comes together and unicorns and rainbows will abound in Big D

From my perspective this looks like a 8-10 win team that may be good enough to win the East but is simply not able to compete with GB, TB, or LAR at this point. What do you anticipate their record to be?
No

dont agree we shall see after 17 games played correct your opinion holds no validity until after the season. Names dont always equate to talent and or production.... sorry

happens all around the league signings i mean Watsons 230mil deal with his impending issues and no history of truly winning squat gets full guaranteed deal from team hes yet to play for lmao right you sure understand sports umm nope you dont contracts are handed out all over the pace to talented players who becomes a headache or underperform and then cut loose. Happens ALL THE TIME!!!

ac got his money because we have no idea Lamb would fall to sue if lamb was drafted before ac was signed i guarantee dallas doesn't offer him the same deal.sorry was just bad timing..collins dropped off after his deal both suspensions and injury gregory didnt lie the clause and left but the clause was needed ie knucklehead clause.

I dotn think there a drastic drop off from collins to steele, gregory to Folwer or Lamb taking over for AC , Washington is an Equal swap for Wilson. Just isnt as bad as it appears .drafts coming more FAs coming and battles in camp a surprising player or two could step up like Farniok, ball and yes even McGovern

its what OTAS, camps, and preseason is truly for..find those next guys,.

last offseason None thought steele would do well after they heard LC being suspended. He played bater than expected.noone thought one of those FA players like Hooker, kazee, neal, or kearse would do anything , they all were far better then expectations and this camp could also have soem of those surprises/

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amazing you didn't mention Moore once. He cost us the division title in 2019 in Philly when he decided to sit our two WR's & called a run on 4th & goal & playoff vs Niners calling a hideous quarterback draw while the opponent was playing sideline defense. Again, he should have had Dak toss it.

MM had half the players when Covid-19 struck worldwide. No practices, preseason, nothing. Yet managed 6 wins with what he had. The following season he took this team to 12-5 (3 of those losses were on Zuerlein). No, absolutely not do you bring in a new HC. Give the man a chance. FIRE MOORE, you know, that offensive coordinator whose currently ranked 25th!

JJ loves MM. Not sure who your resources are. And Quinn is a horrible HC. Falcons ring a bell?!
mostly agree...

shabazz

Reaction score
I would setting for the 90's Cowboys defenses.

normally I would too but with no offensive line, worthless receivers, no running game we might need the best defense of all time. Even our elite quarterback can’t overcome the rest of the underachievers on offense

he’s only one man…..Dak deserves far better than this

Big_D

Reaction score
So now it’s Jerry’s master plan to lose games? Imagine if he ever tried win. lol Everything he does is well thought out, so I’m sure this situation will work out for the best!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Your post makes entire sense, but only in the scenario that ownership and his kin have a clue how to run a sports franchise. Given the fact they are sans clue, unfortunately we can't take anything special away from anything we see in front of our eyes. The only hot take I have is that it has been all about the money savings, nothing more and nothing less. And all this in conjunction with raising tickets prices for you poor fans that live in Texas and put your hard money to waste. Being a Canuck I don't have to worry about that, lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

I am no fan of Moore FWIW… and would be happy to see him leave.

You seem to love MM a lot. What exactly does he do? His coordinators run the show— he lets them do their thing— so for you to give him 100% of the credit for the 12-5 record and downplay Moore and Quinn’s impact is shortsighted. And remember that 12-5 record is hollow— it was padded from playing a weak-sauce division. Our record vs winning teams is poor.

As a “walk around” HC— MM should handle things like culture, discipline, game management decisions etc… And we had a soft team that led the league in penalties, and we struggled with time management decisions (just like he did when he was in GB). Is that not the direct result of MM’s influence?

And then MM closes out his year by saying “dealing with penalties will be the #1 focus of the offseason”. Uhhhhh… why wasn’t it a focus the whole year and throughout the season when the damn wheels were falling off? What exactly is he doing during the season? If he has to wait for the offseason to implement any type of effective change— then we will simply be swamped by significant problems or adversity we face bc he is unable to effectively lead the team to a real time solution.

He is just not good enough in multiple areas. And now JJ has undermined him publicly with how he handled the Quinn resigning, and stripped the roster of some talent.

The only question is whether JJ has made him a lame duck intentionally or out of incompetence.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
No

dont agree we shall see after 17 games played correct your opinion holds no validity until after the season. Names dont always equate to talent and or production.... sorry

happens all around the league signings i mean Watsons 230mil deal with his impending issues and no history of truly winning squat gets full guaranteed deal from team hes yet to play for lmao right you sure understand sports umm nope you dont contracts are handed out all over the pace to talented players who becomes a headache or underperform and then cut loose. Happens ALL THE TIME!!!

ac got his money because we have no idea Lamb would fall to sue if lamb was drafted before ac was signed i guarantee dallas doesn't offer him the same deal.sorry was just bad timing..collins dropped off after his deal both suspensions and injury gregory didnt lie the clause and left but the clause was needed ie knucklehead clause.

I dotn think there a drastic drop off from collins to steele, gregory to Folwer or Lamb taking over for AC , Washington is an Equal swap for Wilson. Just isnt as bad as it appears .drafts coming more FAs coming and battles in camp a surprising player or two could step up like Farniok, ball and yes even McGovern

its what OTAS, camps, and preseason is truly for..find those next guys,.

last offseason None thought steele would do well after they heard LC being suspended. He played bater than expected.noone thought one of those FA players like Hooker, kazee, neal, or kearse would do anything , they all were far better then expectations and this camp could also have soem of those surprises/

You don’t see a drop-off in talent on the roster and think it’s all just gonna work itself out with the draft and OTAs and TC huh? Well— enjoy the kool-aid lol

200.gif

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry would deliberately tank at this point for a total rebuild.

Faulty thinking. Jerry was severely disappointed last year and sees the need to get all the dead wood culled off the tree. Jerry is going to get rid of all the over bloated contracts being on the books for
non-performing players. As long as the team can get 8 or 9 wins, Dallas will still be in the media and Jerry will be able to sell his jerseys and box corporate seats. Jerry knows exactly how to ring another dollar out
of dumb unsuspecting suckers.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Faulty thinking. Jerry was severely disappointed last year and sees the need to get all the dead wood culled off the tree. Jerry is going to get rid of all the over bloated contracts being on the books for
non-performing players. As long as the team can get 8 or 9 wins, Dallas will still be in the media and Jerry will be able to sell his jerseys and box corporate seats. Jerry knows exactly how to ring another dollar out
of dumb unsuspecting suckers.

Yep.

And why would any owner pay twice for mediocrity? Make all the macro change to the roster you want on MM’s watch— since you have to pay him anyway— all with an eye to scapegoat him when you let him go, and set up the next HC with a better situation.

Considering how pissed JJ was at the end of the year— and looking at their decisions this offseason— I think “Operation Crap Sandwich” is in full swing.

Pile on all the bad medicine into one year, and eat that nastiness in one bite if you can.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You don’t see a drop-off in talent on the roster and think it’s all just gonna work itself out with the draft and OTAs and TC huh? Well— enjoy the kool-aid lol

200.gif
Name drop off, yes but ridding us of headaches is plays not negative,

so please just stop. The overreactions are priceless. These are many of the issues we had the last 2 season GONE i already commented with facts on each played. Not a big drop off at all only in name and hype sure..its not tanking not purposefully or by organic as you try and label this..this is not happening.

LittleD

Reaction score
This team desperately needs a top 3 pick in next year's draft. I can clearly see the TANK coming departing to the Wisconsin Fat Farm.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This team desperately needs a top 3 pick in next year's draft. I can clearly see the TANK coming departing to the Wisconsin Fat Farm.
A LOT has to go wrong to pick top 3.

Think of how miserable 2020 was and that got us pick 10.

Also, Jerry wouldn't take a QB anyway in that case, because it would have meant Prescott missing the entire 2022 season.

Say what you like about Dak, but there's no way we win 1-2 games if he is healthy for most of them while playing in the NFC East.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It was clear that JJ was upset after the SF loss as he did not immediately give a vote of confidence to MM’s return. He talks up Quinn as a potential HC. The relationship between MM and the FO seems icy and tense now— a far cry from the sleepover pajama days of 2020.

Since the SF loss? JJ trades, restructures, and cuts bloated salary and unwanted players from the roster.

MM is 2 years into a 5 year deal. JJ is paying him whether he is HC or not. Do you bring in a new HC and pay two guys while you adjust your roster and try and solve your cap issues?

Or do you pay the current HC and saddle him with roster reforms that will lead to a justifiable firing after a mediocre year— while at the same time clearing cap and roster issues to set up your next HC in a decent position?

I think the FO is making some course corrections and are allowing McCarthy to “go down with the ship” in order to be in a better position in 2023 with either Quinn or Payton installed as HC.

This is the only strategy that makes any sense— considering the mood and moves made this offseason.

I am not saying I am in support of this strategy— just mulling over the current state of the franchise and the puzzling decisions of the FO. But— if you want out of some bad decisions you have made in terms of contracts, you are going to have to face the music at some point and eat a crap sandwich.

Best to eat those sandwiches in one bite rather than a nibble here or there. Is it possible that this strange offseason is evidence that the FO is allowing this season to tank in order get out from some bad moves and deals with their eyes on 2023?

He hypes up Quinn in case Sean doesn't sign here

RS12

Reaction score
I think the FO is what they always have been reactionary instead of forward thinking. As for Payton he might like Jerry personally but that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to work for him.

LittleD

Reaction score
A LOT has to go wrong to pick top 3.

Think of how miserable 2020 was and that got us pick 10.

Also, Jerry wouldn't take a QB anyway in that case, because it would have meant Prescott missing the entire 2022 season.

Say what you like about Dak, but there's no way we win 1-2 games if he is healthy for most of them while playing in the NFC East.

We need a cloudburst to wash out all the poop from this team and a firestorm to burn up all the chaff. Cleansing from top of the Coaching staff to the bottom of the roster. New coaching and an entire new team is the ticket
to improvement with this lot.