CFZ The Organic Tank

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Name drop off, yes but ridding us of headaches is plays not negative,

so please just stop. The overreactions are priceless. These are many of the issues we had the last 2 season GONE i already commented with facts on each played. Not a big drop off at all only in name and hype sure..its not tanking not purposefully or by organic as you try and label this..this is not happening.

As you say— we will know at the end of the season.

My prediction:

1. 9-8 finish and either just miss the playoffs or possibly a 1 and done postseason again

2. MM will be fired

3. Payton or Quinn installed as next HC

4. Zeke cut to make more room with an eye for some key pickups for a 2023/24 push

What are your predictions? We can compare notes as things play out. FWIW I would love to be wrong and for you to be right on this… always enjoy rooting for a winner. I just don’t see anything positive this offseason— and don’t know how you come to the conclusions you do about the talent level being a wash… but anyway— would love to hear your predictions

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It was clear that JJ was upset after the SF loss as he did not immediately give a vote of confidence to MM’s return. He talks up Quinn as a potential HC. The relationship between MM and the FO seems icy and tense now— a far cry from the sleepover pajama days of 2020.

Since the SF loss? JJ trades, restructures, and cuts bloated salary and unwanted players from the roster.

MM is 2 years into a 5 year deal. JJ is paying him whether he is HC or not. Do you bring in a new HC and pay two guys while you adjust your roster and try and solve your cap issues?

Or do you pay the current HC and saddle him with roster reforms that will lead to a justifiable firing after a mediocre year— while at the same time clearing cap and roster issues to set up your next HC in a decent position?

I think the FO is making some course corrections and are allowing McCarthy to “go down with the ship” in order to be in a better position in 2023 with either Quinn or Payton installed as HC.

This is the only strategy that makes any sense— considering the mood and moves made this offseason.

I am not saying I am in support of this strategy— just mulling over the current state of the franchise and the puzzling decisions of the FO. But— if you want out of some bad decisions you have made in terms of contracts, you are going to have to face the music at some point and eat a crap sandwich.

Best to eat those sandwiches in one bite rather than a nibble here or there. Is it possible that this strange offseason is evidence that the FO is allowing this season to tank in order get out from some bad moves and deals with their eyes on 2023?

Man, I've wanted Coach Payton since he left the first time, and I changed my name to Coach Payton.

I personally like McCarthy.

But Payton is the best coach in the current time, maybe Belichick aside.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Man, I've wanted Coach Payton since he left the first time, and I changed my name to Coach Payton.

I personally like McCarthy.

But Payton is the best coach in the current time, maybe Belichick aside.

I dunno… He has identical records with MM. He also left NO in a bad way when he retired. I think Sean is overrated.

I hope he succeeds if he comes here— but I will have to see it to believe it. The Jones seem to turn what they touch to crap

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I dunno… He has identical records with MM. He also left NO in a bad way when he retired. I think Sean is overrated.

I hope he succeeds if he comes here— but I will have to see it to believe it. The Jones seem to turn what they touch to crap

That's why we rarely get legit, up to speed coaching... We're too hands-on for any decent head coach to come here. Because coaches want autonomy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As you say— we will know at the end of the season.

My prediction:

1. 9-8 finish and either just miss the playoffs or possibly a 1 and done postseason again

2. MM will be fired

3. Payton or Quinn installed as next HC

4. Zeke cut to make more room with an eye for some key pickups for a 2023/24 push

What are your predictions? We can compare notes as things play out. FWIW I would love to be wrong and for you to be right on this… always enjoy rooting for a winner. I just don’t see anything positive this offseason— and don’t know how you come to the conclusions you do about the talent level being a wash… but anyway— would love to hear your predictions
i dont play the prediction game 6 months before game 1 with draft ahead and more roster building to be done..but nice you decide now 6months early..ill watch preseason games and see who makes it out of camp heathy etc see the final roster cuts etc who we might bring in the week before game day if coaches see some holes to fill post camp..that the way its supposed to eb done..wait 2023 i predict they will be 20-0 can we do that i mean why now. This place does ignorant predictions all the time.

I predict by game 4 , dak gets hurt, out for season we trade for Mayfield and go to a Superbowl ala Beuerlien type deal ala Nick foles type deal..

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
i dont play the prediction game 6 months before game 1 with draft ahead and more roster building to be done..but nice you decide now 6months early..ill watch preseason games and see who makes it out of camp heathy etc see the final roster cuts etc who we might bring in the week before game day if coaches see some holes to fill post camp..that the way its supposed to eb done..wait 2023 i predict they will be 20-0 can we do that i mean why now. This place does ignorant predictions all the time.

I predict by game 4 , dak gets hurt, out for season we trade for Mayfield and go to a Superbowl ala Beuerlien type deal ala Nick foles type deal..

Very noble of you— “the wait and see” approach and all.

Lol… I’ll give you three starters in this draft— and this team will STILL be one and done in Jan. I don’t know how long you’ve been a fan of football or the Cowboys— but if you can watch the way we lost vs SF and followed that up with a steaming pile this offseason and STILL think this organization might win something significant— there ain’t nothing much for us to talk about.

I don’t care if we are talking government, business, or professional sports— badly run organizations fail far, far more often than they succeed.

So go ahead and wait until week 4. See who gets hurt, see how many bad teams we beat etc…. Cuz this movie ends the same way. This offseason has done nothing but confirm how badly run this franchise is.

I would root for another team if I wasn’t so loyal and stubborn lol… Gotta watch this foolishness and hope for the best. Which— in my opinion— is better than watching this foolishness and thinking crap is gold. No offense intended friend…

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
normally I would too but with no offensive line, worthless receivers, no running game we might need the best defense of all time. Even our elite quarterback can’t overcome the rest of the underachievers on offense

he’s only one man…..Dak deserves far better than this

that can all be solved with a great line.

Even now he has plenty of weapons. Zeke I would 100% get rid of. He is a liability for sure.