The Oscars Are Tonight. Do You Have Any Rooting Interests?

Hardline

Reaction score
My interest would be to see a total collapse of Hollywood and movie studios going bankrupt.
There's a reason I haven't been to a movie theater in many years . And if I do watch a movie it's on my TV it's for free using Kodi on a fitestick so Hollywood doesn't profit off me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UThTzUE.jpg

Bassett has won ten times this season so far for the role, including the Golden Globe and Critics Choice awards, out of 36 total nominations. I will be rooting for her but may not watch tonight due to the social media campaign that essentially blocked Viola Davis' Best Actress nomination for The Woman KIng.

The Academy could evolve completely from its pre-1975 mindset into the 21st century. There are WAY more nomimation-worthy movies, directors and actors now than back then deserving of peer recognition. The organization expanded its Best Picture field from five-to-ten over a decade ago. The idiots They do not think other categories should not receive the same degree of achievement accreditation as well?

Whatever.

/rant

bb721

Reaction score
I’m rooting for Elvis, Austin Butler, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michelle Yeoh

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
UThTzUE.jpg

Bassett has won ten times this season so far for the role, including the Golden Globe and Critics Choice awards, out of 36 total nominations. I will be rooting for her but may not watch tonight due to the social media campaign that essentially blocked Viola Davis' Best Actress nomination for The Woman KIng.

The Academy could evolve completely from its pre-1975 mindset into the 21st century. There are WAY more nomimation-worthy movies, directors and actors now than back then deserving of peer recognition. The organization expanded its Best Picture field from five-to-ten over a decade ago. The idiots They do not think other categories should not receive the same degree of achievement accreditation as well?

Whatever.

/rant
I loved Viola Davis in Suicide Squad. She can play one ‘all business’ cold-blooded …

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there a movie, actor, director or any other category in which there is a nominee you would like to see walk of with the award?
As an 80's kid, Im rooting hard for Short Round

Pulling for Brandon Fraser as well.

As far as who wins, Ive always had indifference. Getting a nomination is a major checkbox. The wins seem like gravy

Watched the show twice in my life. Never again. Sooooooo long and boring lol. Whats funny is that Ill actually start following the buzz around September

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
UThTzUE.jpg

Whatever.

/rant
I thought world class smoke show Ana De Armas was going to get robbed because people didnt like Blonde. This should have at least been her second. She definitely should have gottenna nom for Blade Runner (should have won too), and maybe even Knives Out. Acting talent wise, I think she is in Amy Adams level

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought world class smoke show Ana De Armas was going to get robbed because people didnt like Blonde. This should have at least been her second. She definitely should have gottenna nom for Blade Runner (should have won too), and maybe even Knives Out. Acting talent wise, I think she is in Amy Adams level
Amy Adams level? That is high praise. I haven't seen much of De Armas' work. I did enjoy her in No Time To Die though.

I am glad she got a nom. At the very least I have heard of Blonde and read some of the critical acclaim it received. I cannot say the same for To Leslie as far as one of De Armas' fellow nominees is concerned. :rolleyes:

I will stop there before I voluntarily break a site rule, lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amy Adams level? That is high praise. I haven't seen much of De Armas' work. I did enjoy her in No Time To Die though.

I am glad she got a nom. At the very least I have heard of Blonde and read some of the critical acclaim it received. I cannot say the same for To Leslie as far as one of De Armas' fellow nominees is concerned. :rolleyes:

I will stop there before I voluntarily break a site rule, lol.
Check out Blade Runner 2047. Both her and Gosling are incredible. They were so good as AI's, balancing a robotism and livelihood that I asked on of my theater nerd friends to check it out and give me her thoughts. She was blown away

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check out Blade Runner 2047. Both her and Gosling are incredible. They were so good as AI's, balancing a robotism and livelihood that I asked on of my theater nerd friends to check it out and give me her thoughts. She was blown away
The movie is on my eventual to-do list. I gotta get my mind right first that it is a sequel to one of my all-time classics. I sometimes drag my feet for really dumb reasons when it comes to movies and television series. :laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The movie is on my eventual to-do list. I gotta get my mind right first that it is a sequel to one of my all-time classics. I sometimes drag my feet for really dumb reasons when it comes to movies and television series. :laugh:
I thought it did a great job following up the original. Not gonna give it away, but its very interesting and almost shocking how they tied it up

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is one of those slippery slope topics
:muttley::popcorn:

I‘ll just say this…….once upon a time, long LONG ago, I used to love watching the Oscars and even attended Oscar watch parties

for those here that still do, enjoy the show!
:flagwave: