The Oscars Are Tonight. Do You Have Any Rooting Interests?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I decided to watch the show but didn't record it.

After the final award, Best Picture, was awarded, Jimmy Kimmell walked backstage to a sign that read, "NUMBER OF OSCARS TELECASTS WITHOUT INCIDENT 000"

Kimmell flipped the third zero to the number one.

Brilliant.

Wished I could post that pic. That's beyond hilarious.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I decided to watch the show but didn't record it.

After the final award, Best Picture, was awarded, Jimmy Kimmell walked backstage to a sign that read, "NUMBER OF OSCARS TELECASTS WITHOUT INCIDENT 000"

Kimmell flipped the third zero to the number one.

Brilliant.

Wished I could post that pic. That's beyond hilarious.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Nothing too shocking with the awards handed out this year. All deserving winners. I’m especially happy for Brendan!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is one of those slippery slope topics
:muttley::popcorn:

I‘ll just say this…….once upon a time, long LONG ago, I used to love watching the Oscars and even attended Oscar watch parties

for those here that still do, enjoy the show!
:flagwave:
Good. We don’t want to hear any stupidity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great to see two of the stars of the criminally underrated classic Encino Man finally get some long overdue recognition!

Well done gentlemen!

FrEgfYsaYAAtPMZ

T-RO

Reaction score
Here’s a look at the ratings over the last decade:

• 2014: 43.7 million
• 2017: 32.9 million
• 2020: 23.6 million
• 2023: 16 million

Can't remember when I last watched.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great to see two of the stars of the criminally underrated classic Encino Man finally get some long overdue recognition!

Well done gentlemen!

FrEgfYsaYAAtPMZ
One thing is often true in acting. Actors build starring credits over time that sometimes connect at peer awards’ shows. My wife and I noted Brendan Fraser also starred with Michelle Yeoh in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. It was our least favorite of Fraser’s trilogy since Rachel Weisz did not reprise her role. We wondered if Fraser and Yeoh had a nice laugh remembering their time together in that movie, lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is often true in acting. Actors build starring credits over time that sometimes connect at peer awards’ shows. My wife and I noted Brendan Fraser also starred with Michelle Yeoh in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. It was our least favorite of Fraser’s trilogy since Rachel Weisz did not reprise her role. We wondered if Fraser and Yeoh had a nice laugh remembering their time together in that movie, lol.
Funny side story. Totally unrelated but coincidentally with the Oscars, my wife and I watched The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor out of the blue about 5 nights ago. And then she was inspired for us to rewatch the Indiana Jones films afterwards. We wrapped up Temple of Doom on Sunday night, the same night Ke Huy Quan won his Oscar.

Several strange coincidences.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Here’s a look at the ratings over the last decade:

• 2014: 43.7 million
• 2017: 32.9 million
• 2020: 23.6 million
• 2023: 16 million

Can't remember when I last watched.
Not only fewer overall, but less and less a percentage of the population. This years farce had only 5% of the country watching.

Being an old fart I can remember when the percentage was like 30-40%

But then even the SB as a percentage of the population is not what it was.

it peaked as a percentage at 49.2 in 1982

The SB as a percentage of the total viewership has bounced between 38-43% for the last 20 years.

I think it is the only major event that has managed to hold steady; everything else has dropped like rocks.

For example the nightly news programs of the 3 major networks used to all together take in like 70% of the viewing audience

Now its like maybe 10% at best

gtb1943

Reaction score
When there were only three channels, everyone watched what was on. :p
Yep. There was little choice. And when a big event like that was on the other networks used throw away programming up against it

Now there is so much choice that only the best draws a real audience; and sadly today there is little of that from the networks