The Oscars Are Tonight. Do You Have Any Rooting Interests?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is one of those slippery slope topics
:muttley::popcorn:

I‘ll just say this…….once upon a time, long LONG ago, I used to love watching the Oscars and even attended Oscar watch parties

for those here that still do, enjoy the show!
:flagwave:
Ive never done a watch party. Actually sounds fun. As far as the ceremony goes, I just cant do it haha

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
UThTzUE.jpg

Bassett has won ten times this season so far for the role, including the Golden Globe and Critics Choice awards, out of 36 total nominations. I will be rooting for her but may not watch tonight due to the social media campaign that essentially blocked Viola Davis' Best Actress nomination for The Woman KIng.

The Academy could evolve completely from its pre-1975 mindset into the 21st century. There are WAY more nomimation-worthy movies, directors and actors now than back then deserving of peer recognition. The organization expanded its Best Picture field from five-to-ten over a decade ago. The idiots They do not think other categories should not receive the same degree of achievement accreditation as well?

Whatever.

/rant
I finally got a round to watching Wakanda Forever, and she was absolutely amazing.

The first movie, I kind of wondered why she was even casted. The 2nd? She was definitely the best.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Never cared about the Oscars, even though I love movies.

This time, with a German movie nominated for nine Awards, I'll at least take notice, being a German myself.

Still, never cared about what the critics say, movies just have to be fun. Among my favorites:

1. Smokey and the Bandit
2. Caddyshack
3. The Big Lebowski

'nuff said. :D

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rich people patting each other on the back for 10 hours isn't really my thing and I am a "movie buff".

With that said, hope Fraser wins.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is there a movie, actor, director or any other category in which there is a nominee you would like to see walk of with the award?
I'll give your thread a bump while I wait for March madness brackets to come out...

What are some of your biggest Oscar Best Picture snubs?
:popcorn:

I'll chip in one to help get started

"Oliver" won instead of "2001: A Space Odyssey"

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brendon Frasure. sp
Just seems like a good guy who is starting to make a come back but it different types of roles.

I think the last time I watched it IIRC the best picture was Amadeus. Loved it then and still love the movie.

Although I did not watch it the specific year, I do recall watching Inglourius *******s and thinking C. Waltz was mesmerizing as the **** officer and really liked that he went on to win.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Brendon Frasure. sp
Just seems like a good guy who is starting to make a come back but it different types of roles.

I think the last time I watched it IIRC the best picture was Amadeus. Loved it then and still love the movie.

Although I did not watch it the specific year, I do recall watching Inglourius *******s and thinking C. Waltz was mesmerizing as the **** officer and really liked that he went on to win.
Met him once; really great guy who had been screwed by Hollywood since he would not toe the line

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Met him once; really great guy who had been screwed by Hollywood since he would not toe the line
Amadeus...you met AMADEUS.
That is AWESOME

just kidding.

Yeah I think he won a bunch of people over when they gave him that standing ovation and you could tell it really moved him.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 1977 I stopped believing in the Oscars being worth much of anything when that dreary woody allen piece of crap Annie Hall won
I have like him or his movies. So overrated IMO.
The only one I remotely found funny was the everything you wanted to know about sex