The PJG!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to keep lit. I tried to smoke cheese, but I sucked in so hard I got a headache.
You need a cold smoker for that and eggs as well. I had a bud in Idaho that built his own and cold smoked everything and it was outrageous.

ESisback

Reaction score
You need a cold smoker for that and eggs as well. I had a bud in Idaho that built his own and cold smoked everything and it was outrageous.

My radio station partner cold smokes all kinds of stuff too. Primo!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I got a line on some fantastic jerky, but holy crap...expensive! $18 a pound!
The best jerky I ever found is in New Braunfels (New Braunfels Smokehouse), but it's like $40 lb.
So I took up learning how they did it since you simply cannot find jerky that good anywhere.

I'm pretty good now and my stuff costs about $15 to make, all things considered.

Buc-ee's has some good stuff too, but last time I checked they were running about $32 per lb.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best jerky I ever found is in New Braunfels (New Braunfels Smokehouse), but it's like $40 lb.
So I took up learning how they did it since you simply cannot find jerky that good anywhere.

I'm pretty good now and my stuff costs about $15 to make, all things considered.

Buc-ee's has some good stuff too, but last time I checked they were running about $32 per lb.
There's a place on I 45 between DAL and HOU called Woody's and they were the first to start making the exotic jerky's but they were pricey was well.