The power struggle is becoming real

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You know what strikes me funny about all of this? Remember, when Phillips got fired, Garrett was the OC. The big deal then was that the Offense was throwing the ball too much and essentially, Wade lost the team. Wade is coming off of 3 straight winning seasons, including 11-5 the season before, and he's gone half way into the year. Garrett is hired as the HC in Dallas and he immediately starts running a more balanced offense and we go on to make the move permanent.

Fast forward to today and we now have a young OC who starts the season red hot, admittedly against weaker opponents, and 3 games into the season we see the Offense revert to a more predictable Offensive scheme. I mean, it's funny how things work right?

CowboyGil

Reaction score
O Moore said we would run the same offensive plays with a few twerks here and there. He also said from the start it would a collaborated effort. Meaning the TE coach, kitna,Sanja, and probably Garrett. Jerry has said the same thing. Moore even laughed at the notion Garrett has interfered
Not just twerks, but also some flossing as well!! :muttley: I keed I keed.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I heard it on hanging with the boys, Garret is NOT going to allow HIS legacy hinge on some upstart OJT OC. He is just not going to do it. They all 4 of them said the same thing, Garret saw what Moore was doing and then pulled the rug out. Yes it's kellen calling plays, but they are coming straight out of clappers play book/plan.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I heard it on hanging with the boys, Garret is NOT going to allow HIS legacy hinge on some upstart OJT OC. He is just not going to do it. They all 4 of them said the same thing, Garret saw what Moore was doing and then pulled the rug out. Yes it's kellen calling plays, but they are coming straight out of clappers play book/plan.
So then, what Jerry said in the off season about wanting Moore to come see him if Garrett tries something like that was just talk? I don't think so. I think Jerry can see the difference in the first two weeks, and if the change is Garrett's doing, Jerry won't have it.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So then, what Jerry said in the off season about wanting Moore to come see him if Garrett tries something like that was just talk? I don't think so. I think Jerry can see the difference in the first two weeks, and if the change is Garrett's doing, Jerry won't have it.
I'm going with Jessie here...have the time Rwb just listen to his take on it...

basilhayden

Reaction score
Maybe opposing teams had 2 weeks of tape to watch on the Cowboys and that's all it took to figure out this teams scheme.
Seems more likely....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense. If We lose, Garrett loses his job, if we win he keeps it. if Moore successfully runs the offense Garrett keeps his job. Let that sink in, he keeps his job if we have success. Since when has he ever cared who gets credit? This is why Jerry wants him here so Jerry gets credit so why would Garret do something he has never done before? Too many conspiracy theories.
you dont know if garrett keeps his job either way.
JG could feel if they win big kellen gets all the credit and becomes HC.
If not he could interview for other HC jobs.
So winning could easily mean JG is gone.
Losing is not a guarantee JG is gone, because that means kellen is no longer a threat, and the way the
defense is playing richards is no longer a threat. So they might then get rid of them hire new ones, and keep JG.

cern

Reaction score
dak cannot step up to the plate the way Rodgers did last night. even when the park's wr's dropped several sure td passes, Rodgers came back to them and scored. one wr dropped a sure td pass, and rodgers came back to him with a score on the very next play. we just don't seem able to do that. when something doesn't work once, we give up on it. unless it's running zeke on obvious running plays time and again.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I don't understand what that has to do with Garrett allegedly stifling Moore...or were you not responding to that?
Hum, maybe I should have played it all the way through, I actually watched the hanging with the boys , and this must have been just a take off it. Well even they claim Garret is in some way or fashion sticking his nose into the offensive play calling...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you dont know if garrett keeps his job either way.
JG could feel if they win big kellen gets all the credit and becomes HC.
If not he could interview for other HC jobs.
So winning could easily mean JG is gone.
Losing is not a guarantee JG is gone, because that means kellen is no longer a threat, and the way the
defense is playing richards is no longer a threat. So they might then get rid of them hire new ones, and keep JG.

You guys are stretching this paranoia junk pretty thin. Losing = job scrutiny and uncertainty garrett isn't worried about winning and anyone who believes that nonsense probably wears a tin foil hat.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Romo had 10 years of this crap. Tell Dak to suck it up. heck he hasn't even played in the Jason training years.
Tee hee! Romo...
At least he found a way to advance in the playoffs finally.
Behind a mic.

CB61

Reaction score
That two-point conversion play had JG written all over it. I remember Baldy breaking down that play in week 1 at Carolina last year.

Empty backfield, everyone set at the snap, five curls. Telegraphed and easy to cover man-on-man.
In the first place why wouldn't you call an RPO to give yourself more options it just doesn't make any sense to Target one guy it limits you and helps the defense limit you and they probably knew it was coming sad very sad

wecasa

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?
Unless Jerry is pickled in JW Blue 24/7 wouldn't he with all his great football acumen notice the difference and launch an investigation into the obvious change? Or does the fat stack of money on his desk make it all not matter....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Maybe opposing teams had 2 weeks of tape to watch on the Cowboys and that's all it took to figure out this teams scheme.
Seems more likely....

LOL....So your trying to tell me during the 3 first games....when we had everybody running wide open...on every play...and then poof...everybody has us figured out now off 3 game tapes?

:lmao:

That is one of the worst Garrett excuses I've ever heard.....literally.

It's so obvious that he ordered Kellen to go vanilla w/ the offense...I can't believe even the apologists support this Garrett BS.

I'm officially just wanting this season over with so we can move on from this *** clown and name Kellen the head coach...and bring in a competent defensive coordinator. That in a nutshell is/ needs to happen. It's a wasted season already...and you can tell by the way players are responding...not willing to play through injuries.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?
lol cant really be serious. If this was true he would only be sealing his fate with whats happened.