The praise Dak is receiving for that game is ridiculous

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak is Smith Jr and you did mention him. Why don’t you take your own advice and read before commenting.

I'm supposed to know that you renamed Dak Prescott to Dak Smith Jr.? Gee all this time I thought his name was Dak Prescott and if his mother was still alive I'd bet she would have thought the same thing. So now that I know you renamed Prescott yes I did mention him many times in comments even those in reference to the packer game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Most of my exactitude was on the garbage play calling of Garrett and Garrett-homers trying to spin our offensive YARDS production (which is how they used to rank defenses overall) as a sign our offense was actually top 5, meaning I was constantly blasting the offense for years while everybody was pointing to the defense.

Romo was bailing the offense and garbage play calling out then, Dak’s situation is ideal, including Garrett not even touching the offense.
I see... thank you!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm supposed to know that you renamed Dak Prescott to Dak Smith Jr.? Gee all this time I thought his name was Dak Prescott and if his mother was still alive I'd bet she would have thought the same thing. So now that I know you renamed Prescott yes I did mention him many times in comments even those in reference to the packer game.
Not necessarily but I thought most on here were smart enough to at least get context clues smh. Another failed comedian thinking them lame jokes are funny. Maybe they work at the soccer dads get together but over here they’re super bad. Still doesn’t change the fact you sound stupid hyping up them garbage time stats but that’s what you groupie types do and it’s sad.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ya those games exactly. The same type of games that franchise QB's overcome and find a way to win. Not always but once and awhile, that is what a franchise QB does, except for the ones that need everything around them to be perfect for them to win.

Oh I see so when Brees and the saints who were 7-1 going into last Sunday's games really didn't get beat but beat badly by a then 1-7 falcons because franchise QB's like Brees who even has good help finds ways to win. In your dream like test tube world of franchise QB's and the NFL what you said is probably true but unfortunately for you the NFL is played in the real world and in that world even franchise QB's need help from their teams to be able to be franchise QB's. Here are a couple of facts from real life NFL football not test tube football. Prescott has the THIRD most game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime in the NFL since 2016 his rookie season. Only Brady and Stafford have more. Prescott has a better win/loss record for his first 3 seasons than Brady, Rodgers, Bress, both Mannings, Goff, Cousins and Wentz did in their first 3 seasons. How is it that an average QB in real life NFL can have a better first three years than those franchise QB's? Time for you to stop your test tube watching and watch real life NFL.

erod

Reaction score
Since you used the word if, I submit to you if the Dallas defense could have made a few stops Dallas wins the game. As for playing 4 quarters,does that mean the defense doesn't have to play the entire game? It's a team game, the Viking defense, offense and special teams and coaching staff out performed Dallas, that's why they won.

Slow starts almost cost us the Miami and second Giants game, too.

It did cost us the Jets game.

31-3 against Green Bay was a horrible start by the offense.

And it bit us again Sunday.

That's 6 slow offensive starts in 9 games.

That's a trend.

erod

Reaction score
Oh I see so when Brees and the saints who were 7-1 going into last Sunday's games really didn't get beat but beat badly by a then 1-7 falcons because franchise QB's like Brees who even has good help finds ways to win. In your dream like test tube world of franchise QB's and the NFL what you said is probably true but unfortunately for you the NFL is played in the real world and in that world even franchise QB's need help from their teams to be able to be franchise QB's. Here are a couple of facts from real life NFL football not test tube football. Prescott has the THIRD most game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime in the NFL since 2016 his rookie season. Only Brady and Stafford have more. Prescott has a better win/loss record for his first 3 seasons than Brady, Rodgers, Bress, both Mannings, Goff, Cousins and Wentz did in their first 3 seasons. How is it that an average QB in real life NFL can have a better first three years than those franchise QB's? Time for you to stop your test tube watching and watch real life NFL.
Dak inherited a virtually perfect offense. Those quarterbacks you mention did not.

When a single piece or two is missing, Dak gets beaten by the Jets, or he goes three consecutive games with only a single touchdown like he did in 2017.

Perhaps it's you who needs to pay closer attention.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And he came up short. I have already said that his game against the Viking was the best game i have seen him play in a Cowboys uniform, but it still wasn't enough. If Dak wants to be considered the franchise QB that alot around here thinks he is then he has to occasionally win those types of games where things around him (like the running game) are not working. he is not going to win them all (no QB would) but the truly great ones find ways to win some of those games. Dak is not there yet and i don't beleive he will ever get there. And yes go ahead and find me Dak recored when Zeke has a bad game, i know what it is and it is not very good. You haven't proven anything yet, other than you talk alot

Zeke was the one that came up short. When they featured Zeke, we were down 14-0. When they put the game in Dak's hands, he destroyed it. Had they stuck with Dak, we win. But instead they went back to the turd the last 3 plays and as usual, Zeke choked.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Slow starts almost cost us the Miami and second Giants game, too.

It did cost us the Jets game.

31-3 against Green Bay was a horrible start by the offense.

And it bit us again Sunday.

That's 6 slow offensive starts in 9 games.

That's a trend.

Yep. These orchestrated drives are killing us.

Once we get down and have Dak sling it then we start murdering the other team.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not necessarily but I thought most on here were smart enough to at least get context clues smh. Another failed comedian thinking them lame jokes are funny. Maybe they work at the soccer dads get together but over here they’re super bad. Still doesn’t change the fact you sound stupid hyping up them garbage time stats but that’s what you groupie types do and it’s sad.

I see you think because out of the clear blue you changed Prescott's name that i was supposed to get that you meant Prescott instead of SMH trying to figure out where I referenced a player Smith Jr. As far as Prescott's stats in that packer game during what you called garbage time I guess you're talking about the comeback Prescott was trying to pulling off without much help from 2 time league leading Elliott with his 62 yards so Prescott had to make that attempt strictly through the air. Those are the stats you're talking about. You think Prescott got most of his 463 passing yards in the last 7 minutes of the game in their last 2 drives, which actually accounted for 96 passing yards which means that prior to that he had 367 passing yards compared to Rodgers 238 passing yards. So lets look at what other things may have had a HUGE impact of the packers success like a defense that allow Aaron Jones to run for 4 TD's? Maybe a defense that allowed the packers to convert THREE 3rd downs of greater than 12 yards, one of those by rushing with Jones, that later turn in TD's. But you just want to point out what you call garbage time stats.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I agree. If even one of the 2 balls that Dak threw right into the hands of a Vikings DB was caught the narrative would be that Dak needs to quit making so many mistakes. His 9 picks are 4th most in the league.

I think overall Dak played good. But to say he played great or amazing is stupid. He is the only one that touches the ball every single play on offense. And last night the offense scored 4 less than the other team.

People want to blame the head coach for the play calling... and not blame the play caller. The QB has the ultimate say on what play is run. On the pass to Zeke Cooper was wide open.
Well....what about the number of drops we've had? We lead the league in drops.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
And is the same problem that this fanbase has when it comes to detail and accuracy.

The Vikings are a team that is doing well this year and we lost to them. Dak had a net positive game.

That the Vikings are 7-3 does not mean that they have a good pass defense. They are middle of the pack in Pass defense with an average rating of 93.5. Conversely, they are 7th in the league in yards allowed the run.

This team hasn't defeated a single team with a pass defense rating under 91.7 (Eagles). That should stand out to us given that of our remaining opponents only the Eagles, Lions, and Commanders have a 91.7 defense QB rating or higher. The Rams, the Bears, the Bills, and the Patriots are going to be more interesting games for Dak.

Just like I wasn't buying the fool's gold that this team was good after beating... checks my notes: The Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins... I'm not buying the fool's gold on Dak, having success against a team that wasn't great against the pass and dared him to pass.

The worst thing about this 5-4 run is that people still aren't paying attention. It's been 9 games. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. And that team barely has a winning record. That should tell you something. We've had an unbelievably easy schedule this year and this team isn't 7-2 or 8-1, it's 5-4. That should tell you something.

Yes, it tells me our coaching staff is full of idiots. But despite that, Dak is having a brilliant season. Your post tells me you’re agenda driven.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak inherited a virtually perfect offense. Those quarterbacks you mention did not.

When a single piece or two is missing, Dak gets beaten by the Jets, or he goes three consecutive games with only a single touchdown like he did in 2017.

Perhaps it's you who needs to pay closer attention.

I see, you are saying the Cowboys who didn't have either starting tackles AND the #1 receiver AND the starting slot receiver losing to the jets and completely overlook or pass over that the saints who didn't have any starters missing got got beaten badly by a 1-7 falcons? Lets take a little closer look at your big example of 2017. He had a line that changed by 40% for the entire and 60% for several games. The Cowboys #1 receiver lead THE ENTIRE league in drops.Elliott with the treat and the eventual suspension for 6 games didn't produce has he did the previous season. This left the Cowboys Alfred Morris who now is with his 4th team in the last 4 years. The defense was without their starting middle linebacker who as suspended. In short the Cowboys had much of the same problems in 2017 they had during that week 6 game against the jets.

Ya Brady was on such a non-perfect offense and team that in his 2nd season the patriots WON the Super Bowl. Rogers 2nd season starting the packers were 11-5 and Brees who had the worst team started off with a couple of 9-7 seasons. In 2016 Prescott and Elliott were both rookies as well as 2 rookies starting on defense, LT Smith and LG Leary both missed a couple games yet with the inexperienced of 4 rookies and injured vets the Cowboys still went 13-3.

erod

Reaction score
I see, you are saying the Cowboys who didn't have either starting tackles AND the #1 receiver AND the starting slot receiver losing to the jets and completely overlook or pass over that the saints who didn't have any starters missing got got beaten badly by a 1-7 falcons? Lets take a little closer look at your big example of 2017. He had a line that changed by 40% for the entire and 60% for several games. The Cowboys #1 receiver lead THE ENTIRE league in drops.Elliott with the treat and the eventual suspension for 6 games didn't produce has he did the previous season. This left the Cowboys Alfred Morris who now is with his 4th team in the last 4 years. The defense was without their starting middle linebacker who as suspended. In short the Cowboys had much of the same problems in 2017 they had during that week 6 game against the jets.

Ya Brady was on such a non-perfect offense and team that in his 2nd season the patriots WON the Super Bowl. Rogers 2nd season starting the packers were 11-5 and Brees who had the worst team started off with a couple of 9-7 seasons. In 2016 Prescott and Elliott were both rookies as well as 2 rookies starting on defense, LT Smith and LG Leary both missed a couple games yet with the inexperienced of 4 rookies and injured vets the Cowboys still went 13-3.
Look what Brady and Rodgers have done for years with often pedestrian receiving corps.

Brees dropped to 7-2! OMG, the dam is breaking, lol.

Dak is decent, but he can't carry football teams like elite guys do. Until he proves otherwise, that's just the way it is.

Dak is just like Goff or Dalton or Flacco. He's good when everything around him is ideal. Otherwise, he's just a guy.

And go look at that 13-3 record in 2016. One of the easiest schedules in Cowboys history.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Facts are we got off to another slow start and our running game was stifled. And were lucky it wasn’t 21-0. Dak made another valiant comeback that came up short.
I truly believe this happens because of our insistence on running the football heavy early in the game. Teams are prepared for that because they have the entire tenure of Garrett on tape as proof, so they are prepared. I think we have the talent to actually be up 21-0 for a change if they come out firing the ball. They should do it script the first 15 plays as pass plays and see what happens.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I see you're saying that the defense doesn't have to do their job because if Prescott is that franchise QB he'll make up for it. Also when Elliott isn't playing anywhere close to where he has in the past which helps the passing game being able to do play action that shouldn't matter either. According to you if Prescott is the franchise QB he should be able to win games all by himself with no help from anyone else. Give us a heads up when you wake up from this dream you're having.
When Aaron Rodgers doesn't win, its always the team failed to give him the proper help. When Dak doesn't win, it doesn't matter, if he was elite, he doesn't need any help from anyone. LOL

CWR

Reaction score
So was the Vikings defense super or was that because of Dak? You won.. Lol...

The Vikings run defense was great, but they couldn't handle Dak, Coop and co. I guess you dont watch the games?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I see you think because out of the clear blue you changed Prescott's name that i was supposed to get that you meant Prescott instead of SMH trying to figure out where I referenced a player Smith Jr. As far as Prescott's stats in that packer game during what you called garbage time I guess you're talking about the comeback Prescott was trying to pulling off without much help from 2 time league leading Elliott with his 62 yards so Prescott had to make that attempt strictly through the air. Those are the stats you're talking about. You think Prescott got most of his 463 passing yards in the last 7 minutes of the game in their last 2 drives, which actually accounted for 96 passing yards which means that prior to that he had 367 passing yards compared to Rodgers 238 passing yards. So lets look at what other things may have had a HUGE impact of the packers success like a defense that allow Aaron Jones to run for 4 TD's? Maybe a defense that allowed the packers to convert THREE 3rd downs of greater than 12 yards, one of those by rushing with Jones, that later turn in TD's. But you just want to point out what you call garbage time stats.
Look my man save all the text and just admit your context clues skills are trash and leave it at that. He wasn't pulling off no comeback just like either one of us are winning the powerball tonight stop it. That was the odds of that comeback my friend. I think 2/3 teams ever have came back down from that type of deficit so please don't kid yourself them were garbage time yards. You're definitely not that football smart when you're seriously asking and or thinking I meant he threw all them yards in the last 7 minutes. Once the score was 31-3 they weren't coming back my man deal with the most probable outcome by a mile and get off the emotional stuff. Yeah I just want to point out garbage time stats in a thread about the QB. If you want to talk defense start that thread but otherwise stay on topic.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
It was his best career game, IMO. He proved that he could hard carry the team with no support whatsoever from the running game, defense or special teams against a very good football team in a playoff atmosphere.

This is an odd post.

No help from coaching either, but, that's inevitable.

This thread is just another salty poster whining.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Tell me your really not trying to compare Dak to Brees!!