The problem is simple

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember when we all thought maybe Stephen Jones was fairly competent?
Oh yeah. I almost forgot we once held hope that he was “the future” and it would be different. Two thoughts on that idea:
  • Jerry will live to be at least 90 like his mom, so as long as he’s breathing, he’s in charge.
  • Spaulding may be the next GM. God help us.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[INSERT SARCASM HERE] Im just excited about being the most profitable franchise, all the bada** stadium artwork, sky mirror, the new Star facility, etc. As a Cowboys fan since 1963, I dont care about winning, Im just happy the Jones cartel are having fun with their sports toy. [END SARCASM]
LOL!!!!! I hate that “stayjum”. It’s like a circus with no soul.

75boyz

Reaction score
agreed,
this jerry excuse was debunked years ago by parcells and many others.

Well, if it’s not the Owner/GM...

The coaching...

or the players fault...

Then why, along with the Skins and Lions, not even a NFC championship appearance in 23 years? And what, a total of 3 playoff wins? Or is it 4 now...

I mean,

Just “one of those life’s mysteries” or what...

Seriously

What is the answer?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well, if it’s not the Owner/GM...

The coaching...

or the players fault...

Then why, along with the Skins and Lions, not even a NFC championship appearance in 23 years? And what, a total of 3 playoff wins? Or is it 4 now...

I mean,

Just “one of those life’s mysteries” or what...

Seriously

What is the answer?

Jerry's reign of terror post Jimmy transcends any roster or head coach. This is Jerry's mess. A scapegoat will be found, but it wont be Jerry.

CapnB

Reaction score
Was Jerry the reason when we were winning? Dont get me wrong, his lack of GM abilities have been shown throughout the years. But I didn't see anyone giving him props for that winning streak or that NFCE title last year. Sorry, but just blaming Jerry or blaming just JG is freaking lazy.

nobody

Reaction score
Here is problem 1:

ddds.jpg

All other problems stem from problem 1.

Problem 2 is:
twtvrjcmp4djppq49iki.jpg

jsb357

Reaction score
If you want to get mad, at least direct your anger where it is most deserved.

Yea but...

in another 30 years or so when Jerry's grand kids are running things.

The stars will align, all the tumblers will click into place and Dallas will win
their 6th SB. And in the post game interviews, Jerry's grand kids will say
"this one is for grandpa" we did it his way.

And there will be a great party.

Hurrah !!!

stuckindc

Reaction score
Atleast you had a chance to enjoy a SB. Imagine how I feel.

See you just miss the feeling so that is understandable.
You know the sad part about the last Super bowl ( XXX) was that as good as it was to win, you knew the run was done and we wouldn't sniff another for a while...Thanks to JJ/ Barry. It was bitter sweet...beginning of the end.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One word: CULTURE.

When there’s no accountability at the top of an organization for repeated failure or mediocrity, it permeates the entire organization. This team is cursed with bad leadership. They have enough talent to win, but the players are being failed by those who “lead” this organization. Will McClay is a great talent evaluator but he doesn’t coach make contract decisions.

This organization is also permeated with nepotism. The owner bought his GM position. Any other GM would have been fired long ago. This organization run by this owner has a playoff record that literally speaks for itself. There is ZERO EXCUSE for this team to not have played better for the last 24 years.

Jerry is THE PROBLEM.
And THE PROBLEM isn’t going away.

We continue to rinse and repeat. We put together a formidable nucleus , have a little success and fans think Jerry isn’t in control anymore.

Where’s everyone who was screaming Stephen was in control ? It’s why some of us have down scaled our expectations. It is what it is. I got over it years ago.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is astounding. And yet it isn’t surprising when you think that our owner/GM who refuses to admit that he’s the biggest problem we have. He could have hired a half dozen other winning coaches the last 24 years but he’s so scared he won’t get his almighty credit, he won’t do it.
He’s admitted it and doesn’t care. When are all fans going to get it?

I detached myself financially and emotionally years ago.

Apathy has set in for most Cowboy fans I know. We still watch but lowered our expectations.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Anyone that actually thinks JG is the HC of the team is crazy. He has been here so long because he does not mind being a puppet. Moore is being groomed as was JG to be the next one. Jerry has stated so many times that its the family business ..... ask any real businessman, blood and business dont mix.

Until you get a GM that has some skin in the game and a job to lose , you will get the same thing over and over. Do you think Jerry worries about putting food on the table if he makes bad choices at the draft ? Or if he does not make the SB within a few years of hire ? But Jerry is a true showman/salesman..... you dont fix what aint broken and the $$ is flowing

Lots of Cowboys fans love to brag about being most valuable franchise .... yea the Jones family thanks yas . Keep paying for **** but expecting diamonds ..... *** you just paid for ****. No ecven a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time " thats where you get roped in "

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My fellow fans....yeah we all know...
  • The coaching should be better
  • Execution on both sides of the ball should be better
  • The kicker shoulda made that chip shot
  • The refs suck
  • Yada, yada......
The reason this team is where it is and has been this way for nearly a quarter century is simple: Jerry Jones is THE PROBLEM.
  • You can blame our mediocre, robotic, uncreative head coach....or the guy who hired him and continues the charade that this coach can win something of significance.
  • You can blame the highly paid OL, or LB or DE or RB...or the guy who signed them.
  • You can blame the flag happy refs that have become the centerpiece of the game...or the guy who is the main architect of the NFL as it is today.
There’s plenty of blame to go around. But the guy who purchased the GM position for $147 million “til death do us part” is the primary reason for our frustration my friends.

Great post Bob. Maybe someday everyone will get it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Atleast you had a chance to enjoy a SB. Imagine how I feel.

See you just miss the feeling so that is understandable.
Yes, we were fortunate. Winning definitely makes it more fun but winning isn’t what being a fan is all about. Ask Browns and Lions fans for example what it’s about.

But our problem is unique from other franchises because we have an owner who intentionally stands in the way of a greater opportunity to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can go for some Jones blame.

I hope all the people renting out office space at the star are happy
Of course they are. It’s a business first and the Cowboys brand is a good product despite the football team’s success.

Rajveer

Reaction score
  • The refs suck
  • Yada, yada......
The reason this team is where it is and has been this way for nearly a quarter century is simple: Jerry Jones is THE PROBLEM.
  • You can blame our mediocre, robotic, uncreative head coach....or the guy who hired him and continues the charade that this coach can win something of significance.
  • You can blame the highly paid OL, or LB or DE or RB...or the guy who signed them.
  • You can blame the flag happy refs that have become the centerpiece of the game...or the guy who is the main architect of the NFL as it is today.
There’s plenty of blame to go around. But the guy who purchased the GM position for $147 million “til death do us part” is the primary reason for our frustration my friends.

You could have posted this same post for the past two decades every year and it would apply.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If everyone on this board never again contributed a single penny to the Cowboys it wouldn’t make a dent in their pocketbooks
No, but it could plant a seed that could spread throughout Cowboys Nation to the point where impact could be felt.

Imagine if everyone decided not to buy merchandise one season or season tickets held together to not broker out their tickets a few games. A well organized boycott could have an Impact.

75boyz

Reaction score
Was Jerry the reason when we were winning? Dont get me wrong, his lack of GM abilities have been shown throughout the years. But I didn't see anyone giving him props for that winning streak or that NFCE title last year. Sorry, but just blaming Jerry or blaming just JG is freaking lazy.

But ultimately winning what...

That’s the whole point

Lazy is being satisfied that your brand is the richest organization in the NFL.

All the while not taking the proper steps to ensure a winning team by not hiring competent football people to run your organization that “supposedly” is built around winning football games.

Now that is lazy.

Or maybe that’s just the Jerry Ego complex at its finest.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But Cowboy fans are addicted. They’ll all be waiting to hop back on as soon as we show a glimpse of success. Claiming Jerry’s stepping back, Stephens taking over, etc. whatever makes them feel better or justifying their renewed spirit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
  • The refs suck
  • Yada, yada......

sure I do, but we cant get rid of him or his boy and clan, so we holler
about people we can maybe get rid of.