"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you can deal #4 for #15 and a 2017 first rounder, you have to do it.

Not out of the question at all (from Tenn point of view)...because generally the next year's 1st is valued at a mid 2nd rounder this year.
In this case it might be a bit more just because it's Tennessee (who may draft higher again). But still great deal for them on paper.

The "on paper" fair deal would be 4 for 15 plus 2016 3rd + 2017 1st....very tempting. Not sure they'd part with that further first though, so it's be 15 plus the two 2nds this year...which is the same value

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Despite any rumors or scenarios, the team I'm suspecting we'd be trading with is the Bucs. They send their 1st 2nd and 7th for #4 and pick either Ramsey or Tunsil. We can still pick Lynch or Zeke or Bosa most likely at that point and have another top 40 pick too.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess the difference is in how you see guys. In this draft, I don't see Elliott or Bosa or Ramsey as sure fire studs that you have to have. Tunsil, to me, is the elite guy but we are in a position that while we could "use" him, we don't really "need" him.

In this draft and given the fact that we aren't a player or two away from being one of the 2-3 best teams in the league, trading down, acquiring additional picks makes a ton of sense to me. If we were a TB away from being the best team in the league, then sure, stay at 4 and take Elliott. But we are not. When I can slide to 15 and maybe take Spence or Lawson who in my eyes isn't that much worse than Bosa, and get other picks on top of that? That's the better way to improve this club IMO.

That would make a lot of sense if I trusted their drafting after the 1st round :flagwave:

Common Sense

Reaction score
Also, keep in mind that we curiously have a $2.5M starting-caliber LG on the roster who will be sitting on the couch on game days. He could be the cherry on top to facilitate a potential trade. We didn't sign Joe Looney in FA just to be a camp body.

Common Sense

Reaction score
If that happens, then every Cowboy fan will slowly inch to the edge of their seats.

I'm not convinced Ramsey is much better than Sean Davis, so I would love it if this happened. I'd still be happy with the player, but I don't like the value there compared to other options. Same with Elliot at #4, or anyone linked to the Cowboys so far, for that matter.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We should trade back with TENN for 15, 33, 64 and then draft Paxton Lynch and trade him to DEN for 31 and 2017 1st.

We would have 31, 33, 34, 64, 67, 101, 2017 DEN 1st
Original 4, 34, 67, 101

Common Sense

Reaction score
We should trade back with TENN for 15, 33, 64 and then draft Paxton Lynch and trade him to DEN for 31 and 2017 1st.

We would have 31, 33, 34, 64, 67, 101, 2017 DEN 1st
Original 4, 34, 67, 101

Based on a lot of cryptic comments from Fisher and Broaddus, it sounds like Dallas would keep Lynch for themselves in that scenario.

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think it was a shared thing between the two front offices. I think they new because the two QBs share the same Agent. I'd guess that the Agent was the one who confirmed but who really knows?

That was one story but one of the Eagles beat writers said the Eagles were able to corroborate through the Rams who quietly let it be known who they favored.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I like the idea of the extra picks, but I want a 2017 1st for arguably the best talent in the draft. Tennessee has two 1sts next year and if they want #4 they're gonna have to pay for it; just like they made the Rams pay for it. With two 1st round picks next year we can grab our QB no matter where we're slotted.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I REALLY want to target Lynch after a deal down. If he busts he busts but you've gotta take that chance. I have no idea where the next QB is coming from with the supposed dearth in the next couple of drafts.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Some people around here are upset about the lack of respect for Bosa. How about Lynch??? All you hear is Goff and Wentz. Watch and see if Lynch doesn't end up being the best of them all.

I really would love to be the beneficiary of that scenario.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
heck yes I take the trade down to 15 -- even for any of their 2nds and the first pick of the third.
Starters at 15, 33, 34 -- and possible future starters at 64 and 67 (if my drafting is good). That allows for a developmental QB at the top of 4.

What isn't to like?

Change it to 15, 34,45,47,and 67 and I am OK with that as well. Still should get several starters out of it to rebuild the D with.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Outside of Tunsil and Ramsey I don't see any elite talent..

It's really a nuts and bolts type of draft so if the Chargers pass on Tunsil then I would probably do that deal and I would try to get another pick next year.

We would have 3 picks in the top 35? Yeah I'd probably do that.

morasp

Reaction score
They just said on the NFL insiders that they heard the Chargers want Ramsey.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

they can go ahead and print the jersey's. no one can get in front of them. so Bosa/Buckner/Zeke if we stay at #4.

Sydla

Reaction score

7drHiqr.gif

morasp

Reaction score
they can go ahead and print the jersey's. no one can get in front of them. so Bosa/Buckner/Zeke if we stay at #4.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, and along those lines they also had a mock draft on the episode with us taking Elliot.