"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

morasp

Reaction score
I'd rather concentrate on defense either by using the top 2 picks on that side of the ball and then dealing with TB after that or trading the 4th pick to add additional picks in the 2nd round to acquire more defenders since we have multiple holes on that side of the ball.
I'm all for any picks that upgrade our talent on defense.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Dallas trades back it has to also involve Tenn next year #1 (top 5) who would likely be your QB replacement for Romo. These 2nd rounders we see being thrown around do nothing to seriously address huge hole at QB going forward.

The Titans aren't giving up the 2017 1st round pick. Period!
Their GM/coach said the deal with the Rams was predicated on them getting the first in 2017.

Having said that, I don't know if I drop to #15 without getting their highest 2nd round pick and another second rounder, which can even be their lowest pick. I don't know if a third will do it for me.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Out of pure curiosity, I wonder which direction most fans of other NFCE teams don't want to see us go.

Sydla

Reaction score
Their GM/coach said the deal with the Rams was predicated on them getting the first in 2017.

Having said that, I don't know if I drop to #15 without getting their highest 2nd round pick and another second rounder, which can even be their lowest pick. I don't know if a third will do it for me.

33 and 45 would be great.

That would give us #15, #33, #34, #45 and #67. You can do some damage with that.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
The question is, is this really the draft to do that? I've heard and read that this is not the strongest draft to have a whole bunch of picks and that it might be better to pick up more picks in 2017, which boast several "can't miss prospects." I use quotations, because personally, I am not willing to assign that designation to anyone anymore..not even my pet cat this year - Ezekiel Elliott. Which brings me to my second reason for not wanting to trade back that far - I want Zeke and I'm not sure he will still be there at 15. But I could certainly see that scenario playing out, given the strength of the Cowboys line as it stands and the almost guarantee that Tunsil will still be there at 4, dependent on which side of the ball the Chargers decide to address; Ramsey or Tunsil. For my money, if you don't have the Cowboys line, you almost have to go Tunsil because Ramsey is being projected as a (non-playmaking) Safety and won't have near the longterm positive impact that Tunsil could...in my opinion.

I'll take your $$$ as we aren't drafting Tunsil

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Draft Tunsil. Trade most of our picks to trade back up into the 1st and get EE. Call it a draft.

Then run the football................

Sydla

Reaction score
Draft Tunsil. Trade most of our picks to trade back up into the 1st and get EE. Call it a draft.

Then run the football................

I can't think of a worst draft plan than this one.

Maybe if they took Prescott at #4.

PS - I know you were probably joking.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Why not Draft Tunsil. Pick up Henry in the second. Or Perkins in the 4th. And keep our picks to use on Defense?

I'm on the EE Train baby!!!. I'm a big Buckeyes fan. Watch most of the games... imho EE is for real. Bosa, not so much.....not saying he wont be good.....but I wouldn't chance the 4th pickle spot on him,....just my Opineyun.

But maybe your right. We can always pick up a "Swaim", with those late round picks. Or maybe Chazz Green!!! championship......

garyv

Reaction score
The question is, is this really the draft to do that? I've heard and read that this is not the strongest draft to have a whole bunch of picks and that it might be better to pick up more picks in 2017, which boast several "can't miss prospects." I use quotations, because personally, I am not willing to assign that designation to anyone anymore..not even my pet cat this year - Ezekiel Elliott. Which brings me to my second reason for not wanting to trade back that far - I want Zeke and I'm not sure he will still be there at 15. But I could certainly see that scenario playing out, given the strength of the Cowboys line as it stands and the almost guarantee that Tunsil will still be there at 4, dependent on which side of the ball the Chargers decide to address; Ramsey or Tunsil. For my money, if you don't have the Cowboys line, you almost have to go Tunsil because Ramsey is being projected as a (non-playmaking) Safety and won't have near the longterm positive impact that Tunsil could...in my opinion.

jday I have been mocking since the 70's and actually have done very well rarely nailing the Cowboys picks aka Randy Moss was my pick
and Cowboys said no thanks...same draft different round was a RB named Ahman Green....same draft 4th Round from what I remember
was QB Brian Griese remind you this was when the Cowboys stunk at this time...we couldn't score 7 points in a game but over the years
I've done extremely well and these players were available when the Cowboys selected but in saying this I always feel confident and this
year at #4 and I know he will be there should be Zeke Elliott and my reasoning is his ability to not only run well, but receive well and a very
good blocker in the backfield. I don't see a Trent Richardson in him what I see is a ProBowl Player similar to Emmitt Smith with better speed
and down field break away speed and for this fact I feel super strong on Zeke being the best pick at #4.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

Not enough value.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Actually I think next years first is about a s valuable as this years second isn't it?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
jday I have been mocking since the 70's and actually have done very well rarely nailing the Cowboys picks aka Randy Moss was my pick
and Cowboys said no thanks...same draft different round was a RB named Ahman Green....same draft 4th Round from what I remember
was QB Brian Griese remind you this was when the Cowboys stunk at this time...we couldn't score 7 points in a game but over the years
I've done extremely well and these players were available when the Cowboys selected but in saying this I always feel confident and this
year at #4 and I know he will be there should be Zeke Elliott and my reasoning is his ability to not only run well, but receive well and a very
good blocker in the backfield. I don't see a Trent Richardson in him what I see is a ProBowl Player similar to Emmitt Smith with better speed
and down field break away speed and for this fact I feel super strong on Zeke being the best pick at #4.

So if history holds true. You have an eye for picking great talent, just not to the Cowboys. So Zeke will not be wearing a Star in 2016.:)

garyv

Reaction score
So if history holds true. You have an eye for picking great talent, just not to the Cowboys. So Zeke will not be wearing a Star in 2016.:)

That's what I'm afraid since I want Zeke it ain't goin to happen !!! :(