"The professor" Rumor, or scenario that could happen possible Titans/Cowboys draft picks trade

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So the Titans go from 15 to 4 and all they are giving up is one 2nd round pick and one 3rd round pick?

Seems like they are low balling us compared to the other trades................I think I want a pair of 2nd round picks and maybe I throw a 4th in if they want.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
That'd be the worst trade in history to move down 11 yes eleven spots. No way we do this without all 3 of their 2nd rounders and the Rams 1st. The Eagles have set the market for trading up this draft and that was for 6 spots. The can keep the Rams third and we can sweeten it with a player or later pick but no way do we drop 11 for a 2nd and 3rd ONLY!!

MINIMAL: 2 2ND ROUNDERS AND A FIRST IN 2017.

I'm totally with you.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
This is a repost from earlier this week but fits perfectly.

I like the trade idea, just need it to be more one sided in our favor.
Tenn. is trading back into the top of the draft ("the franchise player's zone") for a premium position, QB-LT-DE.

Tenn. gets #4
Dal. gets #15, #33, #43 or #45

or

Tenn. gets #4
Dal. gets #15 and any one of their 2nd rounders this year and a 1st next year

IF they don't like it then:

(2 options)

1. Look for a 1 sided trade, blow us away type (this is a cornerstone, franchise player- LT, you build around)
2. You scoop up another big ugly and dominate at one position group.

We have to continue w/ the old school mentality of "it all starts up front" and continue to build the trenches.

I don't need to hear about allocating, overspending @ one area / position group on our team. Just build a dominate one and impose your will. This also help protect our most valued asset - TONY!

example, the Giants.
Did they win their resent Superbowls due to Eli, secondary, o-line, etc. NO
They dominated at 1 position group, their DL.

Also remember, this puts our current OTs (excluding Smith of course, and a swing tackle) out there as trade bait once injuries on other teams start to mount before the start of the season.

kevm3

Reaction score
So the Titans go from 15 to 4 and all they are giving up is one 2nd round pick and one 3rd round pick?

Seems like they are low balling us compared to the other trades................I think I want a pair of 2nd round picks and maybe I throw a 4th in if they want.

Exactly. They get this monster haul and are pretty much the reason we don't get a qb this year in the first round and we only pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd to go all the way back to 15 and they still end up getting their guy? That would be terrible negotiation on our part.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I agree 100%, except I'm not sure who our stud is at #4.

That is the whole point imo. There really isn't no "stud", superstar in the top 5, in this draft, Maybe Elliot, but do you really want to draft rb at 4? I can't remember which draft guy stated that the strength in this draft was the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and the drop off in talent from 15 to 55 is minimal.

Daillest88

Reaction score
That is the whole point imo. There really isn't no "stud" in this draft, maybe Elliot, but do you really want to draft rb at 4? I can't remember which draft guy stated that the strength in this draft was the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and the drop off in talent from 15 to 55 is minimal.

funny thing is teams want to trade up for Elliot..

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

Ramsey could be "the difference". Ramsey is just a special player ala' Troy Polamalu. It's unfortunate that some people would take a stance vs a certain position and disregard such an unreal talent on and off the field, as safe a pick as they get and a exemplary illustration of an IMPACT player.

rpntex

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio John Clayton say that if SD does not draft Tunsil, there very well could be a deal with the Titans and Dallas. The Titans were considering drafting him #1 and they want him very badly. They would send their #15 pick, and then a #2 and #3 to Dallas for #4.

I thought they wanted out of the top spot to get a lot of picks. Anyways, it probably won't happen, but what is your opinion.

While I don't relish the thought of leaving the top 10, I'd really like the thought of 5 picks in the top 67, and especially 4 in the top 45. It could be even better...don't the Titans also have #33 (their own pick)?

rpntex

Reaction score
On board for that.

And if we aren't getting two #2s from the Titans, I'd want that #2 to be the first one in the 2nd round, not one of the middle ones from the Rams.

So either #4 for #15, #33 and #64 or #15, 43rd and 45th.

Not me. They want to jump 11 spots, I want two of those seconds (in addition to #15).

Sydla

Reaction score
Not me. They want to jump 11 spots, I want two of those seconds (in addition to #15).

11 spots is partly meaningless. People are trying to compare what the Browns got and think that's the template but the 2nd pick has much more value than the 4th pick, especially when a QB is involved.

I would prefer two 2nds too, FWIW.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
11 spots is partly meaningless. People are trying to compare what the Browns got and think that's the template but the 2nd pick has much more value than the 4th pick, especially when a QB is involved.

Sure for the Titans point of view, for Dallas, sure it isn't. (in terms of getting the best value)

rpntex

Reaction score
Titans Get

#4- Tunsil

Cowboys Get

#15 Lynch
#33 Xavien Howard
#34 Corey Coleman
#43 Nkemdechi

I can't sign on for that.

Lynch is likely gone to SF at 7
No way Coleman is there at 34.
I lie Howard, but if William Jackson is there a 33, I'd much rather have him.
I don't want Nkemdechi at all. He's an idiot, and I actually question if he really wants to play football.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure for the Titans point of view, for Dallas, sure it isn't. (in terms of getting the best value)

People are spending too much time focusing on 11 spots and failing to see that the 4th pick isn't worth nearly what the 2nd pick is.

So when people say, "Look at what Cleveland got to slide 6 spots, we should get a ton to slide 11 spots" the number of slots moved is largely secondary to the actual value of the pick being traded.

rpntex

Reaction score

According to the trace chart, #4 is worth 1800. #15, re, & 45 are worth 2020. Maybe if Dallas throws In a 4th it's close enough to make the deal.

coult44

Reaction score

Just seen the same thing now on the ESPM insider word for word. This pretty museums it up right??http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...t-which-every-team-makes-trade-2016-nfl-draft

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People are spending too much time focusing on 11 spots and failing to see that the 4th pick isn't worth nearly what the 2nd pick is.

So when people say, "Look at what Cleveland got to slide 6 spots, we should get a ton to slide 11 spots" the number of slots moved is largely secondary to the actual value of the pick being traded.

It's important if Dallas wants either Bosa, Ramsey or Elliott at #4. At #15, we have no chance at either of them. We aren't trading down just because we can.

Last edited: