The Question on First Take today was. "Is Dak an already an All Time Great Cowboys QB?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I go by accomplishments:

Aikman
Staubach
Morton
Meredith
White

Nobody else deserves it until they can at least get to a conference title game.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There are only two all time great QBs for the Boys
Staubach and Aikman
Meredith and all the others just do not qualify

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak is on the level of Romo. If he continues improving like he has the past few games, he could surpass Romo in my mind. And I'm saying this as a big ole Romo homer.

Jipper

Reaction score
Dak is on the level of Romo. If he continues improving like he has the past few games, he could surpass Romo in my mind. And I'm saying this as a big ole Romo homer.
yeah i agree, certainly same level as Romo but he does have a shot to get past Romo this year....if he gets past the divisional round he will vault up the list and start to be near the top of that second tier of great (behind Staubach and aikmen)

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak is Romo 2.0 in my opinion. Both have the ability to crush bad teams, both could put up flashy stats, but neither one found a way to beat really good teams and constantly failed in the playoffs.

Scotman

Reaction score
Aikman & Staubach. 1a and 1b. I could put them in either order and make a convincing argument for it.

All the others have been close. But to be mentioned among the greatest in Dallas, you have to win the Superbowl.

We've had other really good QB's. Morton, Meredith and Romo among them. My dad always said that White was just good enough to keep us from being able to draft high enough to make a difference. Looking back, he was at least partially correct. Dak's story is over half over and he hasn't changed the narrative. I hope that he does, but the sand is running out of the hour glass.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He isn't ALWAYS on that level but right now I'd definitely say he is playing at that level imo. Which is saying a lot. Romo was elite. Right now Dak's playing like an elite QB. And I'm not going to bother arguing with people who want to use playoff wins as the most important stat to evaluate QB's.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stauback/Aikman
Don Meredith
Craig Morton
Danny White
Tony Romo
Dak Prescott
Nope
roger/Troy/romo/dak/white

you know it's really easy to make a case for Dak/Romo to be as succesful as Roger and troy given how great those teams and coaches were.
who cares about the rest the answer is yes has already elevated into top 5 since 1960 makes him an all time Cowboys qb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The answer isn't just no.

It's HELL NO.

Jebus is non-sense like that what they talk about on those daily sports shows now?
first of all no one said the best just to be mentioned as all time,

I'm sorry but he belongs in the conversation he's top five that makes him all-time... you all still don't know how to separate the teams that troy and roger were on vs romo and dak.. they had the clear advantage in talent and coaching...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"All Time Great" among Cowboy QBs is a hard label to give out, and shouldn't be given lightly.

In my mind, only Staubach, Aikman and Meredith are clear and unquestionable for that designation

Romo, White & Dak all can be argued, but all can be argued against as well.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
All time greats: Staubach and Aikman

Good/Very Good: White, Romo, Dak

The Cowboys reached SB V in spite of Morton, so he doesn't make my list. His offense scored 33 points - total - in those three playoff games. The Colts had 7 turnovers and all he could muster was 13 points in the SB loss. I'm getting mad again just typing about him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The answer isn't just no.

It's HELL NO.

Jebus is non-sense like this what they talk about on those daily sports shows now?
Yeah. The cowboys beat up on a horrible team playing a QB that probably wouldn't start for half of the FBS teams right now and it's a monumental accomplishment somehow :laugh:

The recency bias in today's sports media is ridiculous

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak is Romo 2.0 in my opinion. Both have the ability to crush bad teams, both could put up flashy stats, but neither one found a way to beat really good teams and constantly failed in the playoffs.
^^^^^^^^ THIS

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger
Troy
Meredith
White
Romo

For the remaining names just place them under the term.........."Just didn't have the talent for the job"