The Question on First Take today was. "Is Dak an already an All Time Great Cowboys QB?

leeblair

Reaction score
This show needs to be cancelled for asking something so damm stupid

The NFL is no longer about football as much as it is about sales and entertainment.
That's how idiot questions like this get asked- and answered- by people who don't know the game.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
Mostly all of you have taken the cheese.

This is just another attempt(reason), for the media to bash Dak while he is playing his best football.

Almost no one thinks he's an all time great. Why is this the topic asked? Oh, because of ratings.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Romo is overrated by Dallas Fans.. Dak Is underrated by Dallas Fans.. Both are Meh til further notice...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak needs more post-season success to be considered an all-time great Cowboys QB.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
1. Staubach-Aikman (they are 1A and 1B to me)
2. Meredith
3. Romo
4. White
5. Prescott
6. Morton
7. LeBaron

A few more playoff wins and Dak can move into the top three.

Now let me run out of here before I get hurt.
Fair rankings I would put White at 3 though. Simply because of playoffs. Dak and Romo are very close at this point. Edge to Romo because of his stats.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Danny white took the team to 3 straight nfc title games. So he accomplished more than Dak and Romo combined. Ironic that what was looked upon as a failure back in the Landry era would seem like a monumental accomplishment in the Jones “socks to jocks” era.
Danny White rode a superior team to three straight title games. He was a big reason why those teams failed to do better. White took over the year after Staubach took us to his last Super Bowl and retired. The team was still good enough at that point, but the QB wasn't. It was a different era, but still 15 TDs to 16 ints. in the playoffs are bad no matter.

Too much credit and too much blame are given to QBs for playoff success and failures.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fair rankings I would put White at 3 though. Simply because of playoffs. Dak and Romo are very close at this point. Edge to Romo because of his stats.
Then you'd put Meredith and Morton higher. Meredith played in two consecutive champ games.

plasticman

Reaction score
When the Cowboys had their greatest quarterbacks, regular seasons were nothing more than qualifying matches.

Cowboys quarterbacks are great for what they do in the playoffs, in championship games.

Aikman's best season? The postseason!

I love and support Dak, he's my guy but, please, don't make me say it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We really only have two greats at quarterback: Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

We have several very goods: Romo, Prescott, Meredith, White, some of whom might could have made the great category if the talent around them was as good as it was for Staubach and Aikman. The only one who I think had similar talent around him was White, but even that talent was in decline.

This might be our most comparable team talentwise to those Super Bowl teams, especially from a defensive standpoint, but there are some differences (running game, in particular) that might hold us back.

Motorola

Reaction score
On completion of this season, along with 2024 and 2025, Prescott (barring injury) will likely have all of major franchise records at the position; therefore many fans will consider him among the best-ever Cowboys QBs.

Others will opine there needs to be post-season team success while he is the starter to be considered an "All Time Great Cowboys QB".

Flamma

Reaction score
He for sure is better than Romo. I can't say about Danny White. Before my time.
I can't put Dak ahead of Romo. Not unless Dak was a family member. Then I can maybe convince myself. Late in a game, I never thought we were out of it when Romo was here. With Dak, I fully expect us not to go on that game winning drive. And Dak usually meets my expectations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't put Dak ahead of Romo. Not unless Dak was a family member. Then I can maybe convince myself. Late in a game, I never thought we were out of it when Romo was here. With Dak, I fully expect us not to go on that game winning drive. And Dak usually meets my expectations.
Same way I felt about Romo. I felt when a game winning drive came we would probably lose unless it was the Commanders or someone bad. But I fully expected Romo to throw an interception.

Flamma

Reaction score
Same way I felt about Romo. I felt when a game winning drive came we would probably lose unless it was the Commanders or someone bad. But I fully expected Romo to throw an interception.
I never expected the interception, but I certainly wasn't surprised when he threw one. Romo took a lot of chances downfield similar to Jim Kelly. Dak is to Romo what I think Frank Riech was to Kelly. A good backup. Took less chances. But as many times as Romo failed, he had way more times when we came back in the final minutes of a game. Right now, if we need a 2 minute drive to win the game, it's not happening.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Those that do not like a QB will always say this no matter what; unless their success is at a Brady level and then they just keep quiet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never expected the interception, but I certainly wasn't surprised when he threw one. Romo took a lot of chances downfield similar to Jim Kelly. Dak is to Romo what I think Frank Riech was to Kelly. A good backup. Took less chances. But as many times as Romo failed, he had way more times when we came back in the final minutes of a game. Right now, if we need a 2 minute drive to win the game, it's not happening.
You’re revising history. Dak this season hasn’t had many chances to win games late so you probably have forgotten thr 20 plus game winning drives. It’s been awhile. Dak is a good backup? You guys still going with this take? I’m still shocked that in 2023 people can’t see the parallels between their careers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those that do not like a QB will always say this no matter what; unless their success is at a Brady level and then they just keep quiet
Oh I liked Romo. It’s just what I felt after the bobbled snap. Just like I do now with Dak. It’s natural to have those feelings when you’re I see failure time and time again.