The Rams traded a 1st for Cooks

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hindsight my friend! I’m glad. Cooper has become one of my favorites on this team
Technically that's foresight, correct?
The ones of us that knew he'd succeed here had foresight not hindsight.

Me too dude! Can't decided between him, Jaylon, or Gregory for my next jersey.

Flamma

Reaction score
You have to wonder about guys with talent like Cooks that has been traded twice in their short career. One trade is explainable but two or more there has be something about the player...

The Patriots never intended to pay him big money. So they had to trade him before the last year of his contract to get that trade value for him. I don't think the Saints or Pats want to pay this guy 16-17M a year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You can lol all you want, but cooper had done nothing for over a year in oakland. Anyone trying to i told you so is full of crap.
Whether successfull or not, he displayed his ability to those like McClay.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Trading a first when you're maybe one player away makes total sense. Trading a first when your offense is abysmal, you QB is lost and your head coach hasn't improved anything in over 8 years, is absolutely ignorant. I swear this FO makes moves just to see their names in the paper. This isnt as bad as the Galloway and Williams trades, but it's still laughably bad.

The Cowboys are now the worst run franchise in the NFL.
:laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cooks is a vastly better player than Cooper. We just gave up a 1st rounder for someone no one else would give a 2nd for.

Who cares if this is "Jerry's way of letting Garrett know"? Only a fool doesn't understand Garrett should have never been hired, and he's done nothing to prove the conventional wisdom wrong in 9 years, or more appropriately, going on 12 years.

The Cowboys are on the verge of falling to the bottom of the league, and just gave up a #1 to get there.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::huh::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1. Cooks is better.
2. You have to consider where your team is in the development cycle. The Rams are making a SB push, so going all in makes some sense. The Cowboys are not one player away from winning this year or next, so trading away draft capital for 1.5 years of a guy doesn't make any sense.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what is unreasonable about my take? obviously I was wrong, but hard to say much beyond that
Because you stated it as if it was fact before he had even played. Kudo’s for admitting you were wrong. Most here don’t.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Because you stated it as if it was fact before he had even played. Kudo’s for admitting you were wrong. Most here don’t.

"it's very unlikely..." doesn't really indicate someone stating a fact. for example, "it won't work out..."

but again, glad to be wrong

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Game today proved my point though, didn't it? Lol

Turns out it seems it was a good trade though. Glad to have Cooper. Now we just need to trade the HC and QB.
Haters rejoicing today aren’t you? What a great day for you. Enjoy.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Haters rejoicing today aren’t you? What a great day for you. Enjoy.

Hater?

Yes I suppose I do hate having a perpetually mediocre and inconsistent football team that can't win in the playoffs.

I do wish this team were more than that. Sorry if that upsets your poor feelings there, buddy.