News: The reason Cowboys are favorite to win East

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Useless stats really impresses you. One of the most embarrassing plays in Cowboy’s history came when Dalton took a cheap shot and none of his teammates came to defend him or even help him up. It proved that Dalton was playing with a bunch of soft, gutless wonders that didn’t deserve to wear a star on their helmets. It was worse than being an embarrassment.

Great qb play impresses me. Bad qb play doesn’t. Bad defense doesn’t. Only reason you don’t like daks stats is because they prove you don’t know diddly about football. :flagwave:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s been pretty much confirmed that the NFC East is a dumpster fire. When a team wins the division with a 7-9 record as Washington did in 2020, that’s about as weak as it comes. The hope is that the 2021 season will be a little more competitive; the fact that the Dallas Cowboys were competitive until the final weeks after playing four different quarterbacks is a clear signal that the East is no longer a Beast. The Least is more accurate.

Still, someone has to win it, and with that win comes a playoff berth. The early favorites for the 2021 NFC East title are the Cowboys. That certainly will bring much skepticism and scoffing from different parts of the fanbase, and the media. But the fact remains that the betting houses favor the Cowboys.

Again, someone has to win it. And the Cowboys should be the favorites for one simple reason. Dak Prescott. The Cowboys clearly have the best quarterback in the division and it’s really not that close.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...he-favorites-in-the-nfc-east?ref=SiteHype.com
Thanks. Nice write up!

ESisback

Reaction score
Dumpster fire was last year.

Media idiots talinkg what has been.

Lets see what 2021 brings. WFT is a good team. So could be the Giants.

We are crap. And so is Philly.
Your first two sentences were correct. We are crap and so is Philly is last year too.

jnday

Reaction score
Great qb play impresses me. Bad qb play doesn’t. Bad defense doesn’t. Only reason you don’t like daks stats is because they prove you don’t know diddly about football. :flagwave:
I know that you value individual stats more than team wins. As Dak’s stats have piled up, the wins have become harder to come by as the Cowboy’s record has shown.

jnday

Reaction score
Cowboys were 2-3 in 5 games with dak at qb in 2020. 13-3 in 2016, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8. All 3 loses last year were against playoff teams. Dalton played like garbage. Team won a few garbage wins against 3rd string qb’s on bad teams.

Anything else you want to know?
Why are you so desperate to give Dak credit for the Giants game? Dalton won that game!for the Cowboys. Dak didn’t beat Atlanta. Atlanta’s special teams give that game away. If you give Dak credit for winning those two games, you also need to point out that the wins came against horrible teams. If Dalton’s wins are discredited because they were against bad teams, then Dak should be judged by the same standard when his wins come against the same type of teams.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think the Commanders with Rivera have become the favorite. They are building a strong defense and the have enough on offense that when you add Fitzpatrick that tilts them over the Cowboys. Fitzpatrick is a dangerous QB that can look awful at times but he will also throw 3 TDs against a good defense. Washingtons defense will be strong enough to protect against Fitzpatricks mistakes. Dak wont make the mistakes but he will get stymied against a good defense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cowboys were 2-3 in 5 games with dak at qb in 2020. 13-3 in 2016, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8. All 3 loses last year were against playoff teams. Dalton played like garbage. Team won a few garbage wins against 3rd string qb’s on bad teams.

Anything else you want to know?
Thats where Daks wins come from too!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I know that you value individual stats more than team wins. As Dak’s stats have piled up, the wins have become harder to come by as the Cowboy’s record has shown.
Its easier to relax and start chucking the ball downfield when you have nothing to lose after you have a fallen behind by 3 scores and your opponent cant help but ease up. Or to throttle a crappy team when your up by 3 scores. Its called free stroking!! Daks a free stroker, he plays his best when there is no pressure. The difference between Dak and a true elite QB are the elite guys play their best when they need it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think the Commanders with Rivera have become the favorite. They are building a strong defense and the have enough on offense that when you add Fitzpatrick that tilts them over the Cowboys. Fitzpatrick is a dangerous QB that can look awful at times but he will also throw 3 TDs against a good defense. Washingtons defense will be strong enough to protect against Fitzpatricks mistakes. Dak wont make the mistakes but he will get stymied against a good defense.

People are sleeping on the Eagles. Unless they just flat out suck, they have a massive schedule advantage.

After they return from their week 10 game at Denver, they won't have to board a plane for the rest of the regular season. That's got to be nice.

Jipper

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think anyone has a clue on the nfce....their are 2 strengths....Washington's defense and dallas offense.

Outside of those two units there is so much unknown that could improve the quality of the mix, or drag down the overall quality.

Personally I think Phillys offense and nys will be very much improved and Washington's defense will be about where it was last year. As long as dallas can pick up where it left off on offense before the dak disaster injury then I think it's fair to assume the division will improve.

I'd say it ends up the 6th of the 8 divisions with either wft or dallas taking it with 11 wins

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So if your team puts up 31 and 38 points in consecutive losses to playoff caliber teams but the defense gives up 38 and 49 points , you are holding the QB responsible for the losses ?

Swagger

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you have listed 2018? Why are listing 2 seasons more important than 3?
Historical. We might as well state when we won the Superbowl at that rate.

The league is a very much what have you done for me lately philosophy.

It's therefore reasonable to consider the last two seasons towards the following season.

Swagger

Reaction score
The Cowboys O line play will be critical next season.

In reality Prescott won't be allowed to run much given the investment put in him by the front office. Consequently defensive coordinators can all but discount his legs as a threat next season when game planning. So the pressure will be on the line blocking well for Zeke to rush and giving Prescott enough time to throw the ball. That side they will probably look for a load of quick releases to avoid any unnecessary contact on him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Historical. We might as well state when we won the Superbowl at that rate.

The league is a very much what have you done for me lately philosophy.

It's therefore reasonable to consider the last two seasons towards the following season.
Picking the last two seasons instead of the last 3 or his entire body of work is an obvious attempt to spin facts to support an argument or narrative.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think anyone has a clue on the nfce....their are 2 strengths....Washington's defense and dallas offense.

Outside of those two units there is so much unknown that could improve the quality of the mix, or drag down the overall quality.

Personally I think Phillys offense and nys will be very much improved and Washington's defense will be about where it was last year. As long as dallas can pick up where it left off on offense before the dak disaster injury then I think it's fair to assume the division will improve.

I'd say it ends up the 6th of the 8 divisions with either wft or dallas taking it with 11 wins
There’s always an unknown factor involved . I understand fans who aren’t interested in such. But when you’re handicapping or predicting there’s really no choice but to use recent history.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Individual stats measure individuals, team stats measure the team. Lol

Personally I don’t need to look at stats. Stats are for dopes like you that can’t figure out who the good players are on bad teams. :lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why are you so desperate to give Dak credit for the Giants game? Dalton won that game!for the Cowboys. Dak didn’t beat Atlanta. Atlanta’s special teams give that game away. If you give Dak credit for winning those two games, you also need to point out that the wins came against horrible teams. If Dalton’s wins are discredited because they were against bad teams, then Dak should be judged by the same standard when his wins come against the same type of teams.

Team was 2-3 lol

I’m crediting the team. Qb’s don’t have records.