The reason Dak is a good QB

Billyd

Reaction score
Because they were defending an unpopular opinion?

The Raiders defensive coordinator did an interview about shifting extra coverage to Dez.

And at a minimum Dez made other player's jobs easier just by virtue of taking on the other teams best corner.

Just a silly argument.

REALLY this is not an argument..The purpose of the y receiver is to make teams pay for doubling, rolling, scheming your X receiver..When the y receiver goes Houdini, or drops the ball..You are not making teams pay. DCORDS are winning against your offense!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOLOL..Yeah this goes back to fans that hated Romo, were estatic when they kicked him to the curve, then whined when Dak was bigeyed in the first half of the Greenbay game, and insulted when you told them, there is a,reason why no rookie qb has taken his team to the sb and won...

The problem is usually not the players or the coaches, it a fans inability to even have a clue about the problem!
Prescott was not a primary reason for the team's early playoff exit. Far from it. However, reiterating the fact that no rookie quarterback has taken a team to a championship game in NFL history is completely valid. I was among those who pointed this out but Garrett disagreed. More importantly, Jones disagreed. Que sera sera.

Billyd

Reaction score
Prescott was not a primary reason for the team's early playoff exit. Far from it. However, reiterating the fact that no rookie quarterback has taken a team to a championship game in NFL history is completely valid. I was among those who pointed this out but Garrett disagreed. More importantly, Jones disagreed. Que sera sera.

Yes, Yes he was in the playoff game..Him and linehan were flat ignant in the first half..I admit that The game was pretty rigged in the first half...That may have been the primary...Dak was bigeyed..To his credit he calmed down and got the pokes back in it.

YOU need to take into consideration of how you beat Rogers.. I know its easy to say play top five defense..However the truth is play keep away and score tds in the first half, running the ball in long drives....So yes Dak was a large part if the issue..So was linehan and the officiating..lolol..That was rape!

Im not sure who made that stupid decision...or who said that was playing for now..Garrett was the one who talked Romo into writing that letter, but I think JJ wanted cover, and got Stephen and Garett to wield the sword..Garrett tries to stay positive with players he knows are the difference..I find it impossible to believe the FO didnt realize where that was heading or That they had already made the decision earlier in the season in 2016....After they told the press and Romo he wouldnt lose his job due to an injury...

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
K? Either way, good day. You (not necessarily you) either try to understand where we come from or you try to make excuses for said players.

OR? You get tangled in your own web at times. No different than the old forums!;):p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not sure who made that stupid decision...or who said that was playing for now..Garrett was the one who talked Romo into writing that letter, but I think JJ wanted cover, and got Stephen and Garett to wield the sword..Garrett tries to stay positive with players he knows are the difference..I find it impossible to believe the FO didnt realize where that was heading or That they had already made the decision earlier in the season in 2016....After they told the press and Romo he wouldnt lose his job due to an injury...
2016 still makes me wonder. Based on Prescott's solid performance, Garrett and the front office had options after Romo was medically cleared to return to the starting role:

• Put Romo in. If Romo and the team play well, the team has the best chance of advancing in the playoffs with more experience at quarterback.
  • Put Romo in. If Romo struggles, Prescott gets put back in and hope the team bucks the historical odds.
  • Put Romo in. If Romo gets carted off the field, ditto option 2.
The euphoria surrounding Garrett, the front office and a significant portion of the fanbase was... I do not know. It was stronger in some ways than what I recall feeling during previous Super Bowl competing or winning seasons since I was young. Total rational thought was discarded, just like Romo at midseason. October. A franchise quarterback was basically cut from the active roster half way into the season. It is still incredible to think about.

The funny thing is that the front office had made it transparently apparent to Romo that it was moving on from him. It is conceivable that Romo would have voluntarily moved on or retired before the 2017 season even if he had been reinstated as the starter. That extra time could have been used to give the front office a better idea going forward for the next decade since they were totally committed to Prescott after only two months. Proper speculation and preparation for your new franchise quarterback should have been a high offseason priority.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Coaching was the primary reason, but putting up zip for half the game, he definitely played his part in it

Billyd

Reaction score
OR? You get tangled in your own web at times. No different than the old forums!;):p

SAM I think maybe this guy comes from philly or some other place they dont
2016 still makes me wonder. Based on Prescott's solid performance, Garrett and the front office had options after Romo was medically cleared to return to the starting role:

• Put Romo in. If Romo and the team play well, the team has the best chance of advancing in the playoffs with more experience at quarterback.
  • Put Romo in. If Romo struggles, Prescott gets put back in and hope the team bucks the historical odds.
  • Put Romo in. If Romo gets carted off the field, ditto option 2.
The euphoria surrounding Garrett, the front office and a significant portion of the fanbase was... I do not know. It was stronger in some ways than what I recall feeling during previous Super Bowl competing or winning seasons since I was young. Total rational thought was discarded, just like Romo at midseason. October. A franchise quarterback was basically cut from the active roster half way into the season. It is still incredible to think about.

The funny thing is that the front office had made it transparently apparent to Romo that it was moving on from him. It is conceivable that Romo would have voluntarily moved on or retired before the 20176 season even if he had been reinstated as the starter. That extra time could have been used to give the front office a better idea going forward for the next decade since they were totally committed to Prescott after only two months. Proper speculation and preparation for your new franchise quarterback should have been a high offseason priority.

Im glad i wasnt the only one. I HAVE felt that way since game 7-9 in 2016...They didnt seem to be able to communicate or do anything but take direction from the media!

Billyd

Reaction score
Im glad i wasnt the only one. I HAVE felt that way since game 7-9 in 2016...They didnt seem to be able to communicate or do anything but take direction from the media!

Thanks bro..The intelligent fan does still exist..

Im glad Dak is the qb, the truth almost seems like a slight of hand card trick..In a span of two years they have replaced the franchise rb, qb, Te, Wr, and two olineman and gone 22-10 doing it, and fans are not sure about Dak...Lmao!

Billyd

Reaction score
The offense was struggling noticeably, not just Prescott.

I GUESS the flag on Butler for what was originally called as a five yard flag until McCarty whined like a litte girl, then the ref changed it, and the tackle of witten at the goal line might have caused some of that..If you checked the stats..Green bay was penalized three times in that game. They were holding on both sides of the ball all the way through the whole game, even on the last play where Aaron got them in field goal range..It was a gd joke!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SAM I think maybe this guy comes from philly or some other place they dont

It would be easy to blame the media or even that part of the fanbase that was in agreement with the media but years of observing Jones makes me believe he did not favor a reversal at the position. Jones is a hardened risk taker and Prescott was taking the 2016 season by storm. He probably saw the risk as a solid gamble. Garrett? He is not a risk taker in my opinion. The offense was running optimally. I think he did not chance derailing it.

Jones I understand. He is what he is. Garrett? I expect a head coach to have the ability to envision what each player brings to the team, especially players he has had a long time observing. Verbal explanations were and still being made about further injury concerns, which were false. Coaches do not put any player on a football field from pee wee up if they believe the player might incur permanent injury. Garrett put Romo out there against the Eagles for a swan song drive. Complete irrationality.

Billyd

Reaction score
Point is he was big eyed, and i dont really blame him..I knew what the outcome would be in games 7-9 in the middle of the season...A NFL coach, and a football gm or one that pretends to be should as well..The Nation doesnt even realize we lost an opportunity to compete for a sb...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I GUESS the flag on Butler for what was originally called as a five yard flag until McCarty whined like a litte girl, then the ref changed it, and the tackle of witten at the goal line might have caused some of that..If you checked the stats..Green bay was penalized three times in that game. They were holding on both sides of the ball all the way through the whole game, even on the last play where Aaron got them in field goal range..It was a gd joke!
Please do not bring up the Packers holding. It was criminal what Green Bay got away with that entire season.

Billyd

Reaction score
It would be easy to blame the media or even that part of the fanbase that was in agreement with the media but years of observing Jones makes me believe he did not favor a reversal at the position. Jones is a hardened risk taker and Prescott was taking the 2016 season by storm. He probably saw the risk as a solid gamble. Garrett? He is not a risk taker in my opinion. The offense was running optimally. I think he did not chance derailing it.

Jones I understand. He is what he is. Garrett? I expect a head coach to have the ability to envision what each player brings to the team, especially players he has had a long time observing. Verbal explanations were and still being made about further injury concerns, which were false. Coaches do not put any player on a football field from pee wee up if they believe the player might incur permanent injury. Garrett put Romo out there against the Eagles for a swan song drive. Complete irrationality.

Truth of that and my point about Dez earlier was right there...1-2 3 pass to Dez...Td...But we want to feel good about axing Romo and Dez like they were done...No They were managed and ditched..

I realize its a business, but when you manipulate the outcome to make it fit your narrative you need to be criticized and you need to answer the question...So far they did a great job manipulating the base!

Billyd

Reaction score
Please do not bring up the Packers holding. It was criminal what Green Bay got away with that entire season.

WELL that was twice in three years that it cost the Cowboys in the playoffs. BAD OFFICIATING anytime is a problem.. When it happens on the highest stage in the playoffs and effects the outcome of the game, its unaccecptable..The Nfl has since said the officials made a mistake in 2014..McCarty has been getting away with criminal acts for years!

I have gifs of the scene of the crime that are flabbergasting..i cant post anything here that is embedded.. But the deed is done...I dont like making excuses about officiating..its a bad look..But what was done twice looked like a conscientious effort..

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Truth of that and my point about Dez earlier was right there...1-2 3 pass to Dez...Td...But we want to feel good about axing Romo and Dez like they were done...No They were managed and ditched..

I realize its a business, but when you manipulate the outcome to make it fit your narrative you need to be criticized and you need to answer the question...So far they did a great job manipulating the base!
Just my opinion, but I think you may be giving Jones, Garrett and even the media too much credit. Other factors have influenced perception. For example, some people have had a long-standing negative opinion of Romo, of his on-field performance, and his injury history. These considerations obscure Romo's strengths and magnified desired alternative(s). Jones and Garrett had little or zero to do with any manipulation of perception in that regard. That was self-manifested by individuals themselves.

Billyd

Reaction score
EAST DALLAS i think JJ did that, But I also think that, if you are worried about Romos health you dont swan song at philly..Maybe Romo talked him into it.Either way its inconsistent with your press conferences..