The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleD

Reaction score
I must question Daks IQ if he doesnt stay in Dallas. He stands to lose a ton of money now and in the future endorsement-wise, and advertisements.The agent just want's that quick fast easy money. Daks being used Imo. His naivety is showing.

NAH! Dak will eventually get all his quan from some of the worst owners in the league and that probably includes Jerry and Stephen. Cowboys Ownership has screwed this franchise for over 25 years and still counting. The Dynasty is Definitely over in Big D.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sorry, but we have a gaggle of "so called" key players we need to unload. The defense is horrible and needs a complete rebuild. Zeke and Jaylon need to be moved
if possible. This team isn't going to compete for the next few years.
I agree. and the problem is our drafting on defensive side of the ball. 15 years. 44 picks. 1 impact player...compare that to offense and it will become obvious....

and I would add that we should have never extended Martin...love the guy. future HOFer perhaps, but you don't need the best guard to win a superbowl. no one here can name the 8 guards who played in the championship games in 2020, 2019 or 2018 without googling it.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I guess the defense didn't suck then to contribute to any losses. THAT was the main reason this team lost. Not Andy, nor Dak.
well actually Andy was responsible for getting blown out and not having a snow flakes chance in he!l to win against average teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
that's on the ownership and deciding to play hardball with the wrong players....this FO made zeke the highest paid RB in the league 2 years before his deal was done. its rather easy to let RBs walk and find one in the draft. easiest position to evaluate and they impact immediately...its stupid to hand second contracts to RBs.

they gave Jaylon club foot smith and made him a top 5 paid LB in the league? why? because he is buddies with Jerry and they do business together.

then they decide to play hardball with Dak...why? if he is not your guy, then let him walk and move on. if he is your guy, paying a couple of million/year extra aint' going to mean much, you either shiet or get off the can....sitting on the fence is not the solution.....if he is not your guy, why even talk about a large contract....that's the problem....like I said 3 or 4M/year ain't the difference between building a championship team or not, if you think he is your guy......

this FO has screwed up this negotiation to no end and now, there is egos at play
They're not playing hardball w/ Dak. He's playing hardball, and for extremely greedy selfish reasons. 5 years/175 mil is an excellent contract offer. Instead, Dak wants them to pay him and structure it so we won't be able to contend for a super bowl.

I agree w/ you about Smith and Zeke. Stupid contracts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. and the problem is our drafting on defensive side of the ball. 15 years. 44 picks. 1 impact player...compare that to offense and it will become obvious....

and I would add that we should have never extended Martin...love the guy. future HOFer perhaps, but you don't need the best guard to win a superbowl. no one here can name the 8 guards who played in the championship games in 2020, 2019 or 2018 without googling it.....
Name recognition doesn't mean anything.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They're not playing hardball w/ Dak. He's playing hardball, and for extremely greedy selfish reasons. 5 years/175 mil is an excellent contract offer. Instead, Dak wants them to pay him and structure it so we won't be able to contend for a super bowl.

excellent offer in whose eyes? 3 years ago wilson got a 35?yr contract. at the time the highest. goff, wentz got 33M/year. Watson got 40M/year and Mahomes blew everything out of the water at 50M/yr.....

if FO office thinks he is playing hardball and not worth it, then let him walk...its that simple....

and how is structuring his contract stop you from contending from superbowl.....everyone keeps saying that, no one provides any details....its just a rallying cry at this point

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Name recognition doesn't mean anything.
I agree.....my point is that we shouldn't have extended Martin and should have gone the draft way or someone cheaper.....that money could have gotten us a better DT instead, more important to success of the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry, but we have a gaggle of "so called" key players we need to unload. The defense is horrible and needs a complete rebuild. Zeke and Jaylon need to be moved
if possible. This team isn't going to compete for the next few years.
Then we should let all of our keep players go like Elliott, Cooper and Lawrence for draft picks if we truly believe it’s time for a total rebuild.

Amazing how we are one year removed from a team that should have won division and making noise in the playoffs from being several years away, all because we can’t get our QB signed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think obtuse is the word for you.

Last paragraph: You keep repeating this ad nauseum. Easily looked up, Greg. Google is your friend.

Dak played cheaply year 4 on his own accord. It was his decision. Cowboys tried to reward him.
I tried to look up this deal he reneged on . I can’t find it. The only deal I found is the 5 year deal he refused last year cause he wanted 4 years. If that’s what you’re referring to then that wasn’t a reneged.

Just because you’re offered a deal and don’t accept doesn’t mean you reneged.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your whole post is irrelevant because you got the first paragraph wrong. We tried to sign him. He agreed, and then renegged. We've told you this, several posters remember it, but you keep on posting as if it isn't so.

So, just for giggles and poops, I typed in Dak Prescott contract offer 2019. It came right up. Soooooo, Greg, you keep on acting as if it didn't happen, when the info is readily available w/ a quick google search. Do your research.
Again, are you referring to the 5 year deal he turned down ? That wasn’t a reneged deal. He simply didn’t accept it.

Please provide the link to this reneged deal. Thanks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can anyone please share the link where Dak reneged on a contract offer .

All I can find is the offer he refused to accept.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure Dak wants to optimize his situation, the problem here is that they have decided on a hard set end date. That gives less flexibility to move the numbers around which means that any players you want to sign even if they are your own will be affected. Watson's contract of 39 - 40 mil a year but go take a look at the breakdown of the base salary and what is listed as a signing bonus, then add to this the ability to restructure the contract in year 3, 4 and beyond. Dak on the other hand demands a set end date of 2024 so that he can be a free agent right as the new TV contracts are signed. So now you have a hard set end date with a demand of 39 - 40 million, there is 0 flexibility which means that the Cowboys will be hemorrhaging players who they want to sign because of less cap flexibility - you think these other guys whose contracts are coming due will say hey give me a pay cut because I want to play with Dak? Instead they will have to find a way to replace them with cheaper alternatives like bargain basement free agents or late round draft picks.
Well, that’s the price we pay for not getting a deal done in recent years.

Bottomline is Dak has been mismanaged by our ownership and it’s either going to cost us in the Cap for one season or losing our Franchise Qb. Either of which isn’t good for Cowboys Football.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Dak does not want to sign long term. He wants to be a free agent and shop. That is not in the best interest of Cowboy fans. It's time to get what we can from him and move on.

He want to hit the market once that new TV money hit the cap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"WE"

If you mean the Jones family and the actual DC Ownership group called the Dallas Cowboys?? Not the over rated gm armchair gms in the Cowboy Zone??i dont remember this place or the media ownings shares in the DCs?

they offered him 35 and that was already high for dak..who cares about QB market, how much has Brady, brees, rivers and other made the last 3-4 seasons? all better then Dak yes aging and retiring but if the qb market was set to pay all franchise starting caliber top 10 QBS a new record breaking deal, those players were severely underpaid. Just because owners have been constantly making mistakes , shown by all the trades and qbs being jettisoned the past two years with those deals dak didnt get, doesnt mean jerry has to cave ..Jerry sets the market or dak can walk,.,either way im ready door this to be over and if dak ends up in another uniform well other shave like ES and Ware and well i got over it ..Daks not even in their league..

this is Dak issue a not an ownership issue. Hes far overvaluing himself and when Jerry tried to get him money he turned it down over years and structure..

3 games over 500 and injuries' the past few years is not going to get you 40, owners have made mistake the market is inflated and lie other markets it can start going the other way..
Yes, “ we” is referred to the Cowboys. Not fans.

And an offer regardless if we think is a good offer means nothing unless we get a signature on it. I’m not sure why some buy into this , “ we made a good offer “ . If you don’t get the deal it wasn’t good enough.

And as a result it’s either going to cost more limiting our ability in Cap or we’re going to lose our Franchise Qb. Neither of which are good for Cowboys Football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

So you are referring to this 5 year deal he refused. That’s not reneging on a contract.

It’s not up to us to decide what’s a good contract for Dak. Only he can decide that. And if we don’t think his demands fit into our plans then we must move on.

But to blame him for not accepting what we believe to be a good offer is only looking out for the Cowboys interest . Not Daks , which his agent is paid to do.

If we can’t reach deal then we need to begin looking for another Franchise QB. But I wouldn’t place this entirely on Dak. It’s up to our ownership to strike a deal the players will accept , not what they or we think is fair. If you can’t, ok. We move on. But we must be prepared for the effects of that decision.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And you think those guys are going to make a bigger impact than losing Dak?
in particular? no...but we won't be able to fix the defense. How you plan on stopping opposing teams? Dak can't play defense. Spending most of our resources at QB is a bad idea, bad plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.