The reason Dak isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dre11

Reaction score
yes, but what have we won? We have no defense..we stink. Dak is amazing..but he doesn't play defense. We need the flex to sign other players in order to address defense.

that's not his fault there's no defense, they had 5 YEARS!!!!!!!! to get a defense while he was on his rookie deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
that's not his fault there's no defense, they had 5 YEARS!!!!!!!! to get a defense while he was on his rookie deal.
That may be true, but unless you have a time machine, its a moot point. We live in the now. Reality is we cannot do what he is asking us to do. My guess is he will sign a 4 year deal with us or get tagged and traded just before the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The agent is attempting to hold the team hostage. My guess is the front office won't budge much.

Dre11

Reaction score
That may be true, but unless you have a time machine, its a moot point. We live in the now. Reality is we cannot do what he is asking us to do. My guess is he will sign a 4 year deal with us or get tagged and traded just before the draft.

we don't need a time machine. Even if they don't sign Dak, it still doesn't mean they will fix the defense. This FO has proven that's not their priority.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we don't need a time machine. Even if they don't sign Dak, it still doesn't mean they will fix the defense. This FO has proven that's not their priority.
we still gotta hope the right thing gets done by all involved. Dan Quinn gives us SOME hope at least, that he can improve this disaster of a defense.I highly doubt Atlanta gave him a say in the draft room so he could get his guys in there. I am hoping Jerry and Stephen allow him some say come draft day and free agency. If not, your right..it will be wash rinse repeat.

Dre11

Reaction score
The agent is attempting to hold the team hostage. My guess is the front office won't budge much.

they're not holding the team hostage, it's Dak taking the risk by wanting a shorter deal. they should just give it to him, and at the end of the deal, if they feel he's not worth it move on. if he makes it to a super bowl or win , then he probably deserves a new one anyways. just give him the deal, and say you got 4 more years to get it done or we're out if we're not satisfied.

Dre11

Reaction score
we still gotta hope the right thing gets done by all involved. Dan Quinn gives us SOME hope at least, that he can improve this disaster of a defense.I highly doubt Atlanta gave him a say in the draft room so he could get his guys in there. I am hoping Jerry and Stephen allow him some say come draft day and free agency. If not, your right..it will be wash rinse repeat.

this defense wasn't horrible in 2019, they dont need an overhaul, they need a few real good pieces in the right spots and they'll be fine. Jerry and Stephen(mainly) must stop being cheap on defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
they're not holding the team hostage, it's Dak taking the risk by wanting a shorter deal. they should just give it to him, and at the end of the deal, if they feel he's not worth it move on. if he makes it to a super bowl or win , then he probably deserves a new one anyways. just give him the deal, and say you got 4 more years to get it done or we're out if we're not satisfied.
its a risk he will lose. It just isn't done this way in the NFL. There is a cap to consider. He is playing with fire. AT BEST..he may get a 4 year deal. That is pushing the envelope. He saw what Matt Ryan got at signing, up front. He wants the same thing. It simply won't happen. We are in a different cap crunch than ATL was at the time. We don't have the money.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this defense wasn't horrible in 2019, they dont need an overhaul, they need a few real good pieces in the right spots and they'll be fine. Jerry and Stephen(mainly) must stop being cheap on defense.
we were middle of the road in 2019. STILL not good. We been regressing for years defensively. Your correct, Stephen has gotta actually spend on that side of the ball. That said, how can he if we back up the brinks truck for Dak? It comes down to dollars and common sense.

Dre11

Reaction score
its a risk he will lose. It just isn't done this way in the NFL. There is a cap to consider. He is playing with fire. AT BEST..he may get a 4 year deal. That is pushing the envelope. He saw what Matt Ryan got at signing, up front. He wants the same thing. It simply won't happen. We are in a different cap crunch than ATL was at the time. We don't have the money.

They have it, and when the tv deal comes in ,they'll have even more. These teams can pay what they want. they're all kinds of salary cap tricks they can use. KC signed Mahomes with literally no cap space supposedly.

Dre11

Reaction score
we were middle of the road in 2019. STILL not good. We been regressing for years defensively. Your correct, Stephen has gotta actually spend on that side of the ball. That said, how can he if we back up the brinks truck for Dak? It comes down to dollars and common sense.

they can, the same way other teams do it, that are up against the cap.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Then same criteria for Aikman & Romo. They too weren't elite. They were average. Were not accurate. Needed talent around them.

Is this a joke? Bill Cowher Said Troy Aikman was the most accurate QB he ever seen play after losing to him in the SB. Don’t defend Dak by bashing a half of fame, 3 super bowl winning QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They have it, and when the tv deal comes in ,they'll have even more. These teams can pay what they want. they're all kinds of salary cap tricks they can use. KC signed Mahomes with literally no cap space supposedly.
you better be right lol..thats all I will say. We can't afford to screw the pooch.

Dre11

Reaction score
you better be right lol..thats all I will say. We can't afford to screw the pooch.

I think it comes down to the cowboys FO trying to show the league they are smarter than the rest, Stephen saying they're not going to be market setters, Jerry bragging about attendance during pandemic, among other things I cant mention

Rayman70

Reaction score
they didn't want to, he wanted out. We see how that turned out
Kraft wanted to keep him. They had the means, but BB pushed him out and Brady didn't feel wanted. SO YEAH, he wanted out at that point. Good for him. BB kinda looks average without a QB. SAME if we lose Dak..we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I am a huge Dak fan..I want him.But the deal has to be fair for everyone. Not just 1 side.It wont work otherwise.

Dre11

Reaction score
Kraft wanted to keep him. They had the means, but BB pushed him out and Brady didn't feel wanted. SO YEAH, he wanted out at that point. Good for him. BB kinda looks average without a QB. SAME if we lose Dak..we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I am a huge Dak fan..I want him.But the deal has to be fair for everyone. Not just 1 side.It wont work otherwise.

Why do you think the deal isn't fair. he just want the shorter deal, by most accounts, to me its a win for both. if he doesn't satisfy then in 4 years, it's probably time to walk anyways. that's 9 years.

p_tubbs

Reaction score
1. His asking price must be too high again

2. Mike M must not have full faith in him, as does Stephen

Both go hand in hand.

If they thought he was the elite QB, some here believe, he would get whatever. Mike would let it be known, "bro, we need this dude by any means"

I'm not a Dak fan, but ready for this to be over.

Trade him or just out right let him walk.

Your ignorance boarders on RETARDATION

Status
Not open for further replies.