The Schedule Has Been Released so Let's See Your Predictions For Each Game

ESisback

Reaction score
If Peterson was the Cowboys coach you'd be acting like he was Tom Landry.

Because YOU can't see past the Star.
Why? I’m not acting like McCarthy’s Landry. I’m just not constantly griping. You Eeyores always seem to think that everyone that’s not perpetually miserable is some kind of blind Care Bear. If we’re not crying 24/7, we’re not invested. Hey! FlyEaglesFly.com needs more bitter wannabes over there!

starfan1

Reaction score
What's your prediction? I put mine out for all to see so you guys can come back and laugh if I'm wrong.

Let's see yours.
my prediction is they will either make the playoffs and compete or they wont. they might win 5 they might win 12 or somewhere in between. well see what the happens. I dont get alot of enjoyment at coming back and mocking people like some even if their big mouths may deserve it. I also predict that i will enjoy this season more than you regardless of the outcome because they are my team and i get them 17 weeks plus a year and im going to do my best to enjoy it. plus I dont live for coming on the fan zone and trolling for likes and conflict..although I do get a few laughs here

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why? I’m not acting like McCarthy’s Landry. I’m just not constantly griping. You Eeyores always seem to think that everyone that’s not perpetually miserable is some kind of blind Care Bear. If we’re not crying 24/7, we’re not invested. Hey! FlyEaglesFly.com needs more bitter wannabes over there!
The "you're miserable" thing is what ya'll like to throw around to make yourself feel better about always falling for the fools gold that Jerry sells ya every year.

Imagine thinking anyone that doesn't buy into that fools gold with you is "miserable".

Whatever makes ya feel better I suppose.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
my prediction is they will either make the playoffs and compete or they wont. they might win 5 they might win 12 or somewhere in between. well see what the happens. I dont get alot of enjoyment at coming back and mocking people like some even if their big mouths may deserve it. I also predict that i will enjoy this season more than you regardless of the outcome because they are my team and i get them 17 weeks plus a year and im going to do my best to enjoy it. plus I dont live for coming on the fan zone and trolling for likes and conflict..although I do get a few laughs here
I wouldn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of being right if ya'll wasn't so weird to anyone that doesn't think this team is going to be great.

I

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The "you're miserable" thing is what ya'll like to throw around to make yourself feel better about always falling for the fools gold that Jerry sells ya every year.

Imagine thinking anyone that doesn't buy into that fools gold with you is "miserable".

Whatever makes ya feel better I suppose.
You actually think this?

Reaction score
1. Tampa Bay - L
2. Cincinnati - L
3. NY - W
4. Washington - W
5. L.A Rams - L
6. Philly - L
7. Detroit - W
8. Chicago - W
9 BYE
10. Green Bay - L
11. Minnesota - L
12. NY - W
13. Indy - L
14 - Houston - W
15 - Jacksonville - W
16 - Philly - W
17 - Tennessee - L
18 - Washington - L

8-9 it is.

I've had them 9-8 the whole offseason, but after seeing the schedule I can't see 9 wins right now, maybe that will change as the season progresses, but I don't see it right now today.

That's about right IMO with the caveat being the potential defensive improvement. Dak is Dak, he won't ever be the guy that performs well against tough defenses but if our defense ever steps up we might switch a couple of those Ls to Ws. Fix it so that the QB doesn't have to win all the games for you.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, and we won NOTHING with that top 3 line.

That's why I don't understand why people think having a great line is all of a sudden going to lead to success. We had Zeke winning 2 rushing titles in 3 years and Dak having his best season ever (2016) and it lead to nothing.

Zeke is washed now and Dak is still Dak.

That's where it starts. What alternative do you suggest? Don't say quarterback because that isn't an option.

Swagger

Reaction score
1. Tampa Bay - W
2. Cincinnati - L
3. NY - W
4. Washington - W
5. L.A Rams - L
6. Philly - L
7. Detroit - W
8. Chicago - W
9 BYE
10. Green Bay - L
11. Minnesota - L
12. NY - W
13. Indy - W
14 - Houston - W
15 - Jacksonville - L
16 - Philly - W
17 - Tennessee - L
18 - Washington - W

10-7

Jaguars will be a good team next season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's where it starts. What alternative do you suggest? Don't say quarterback because that isn't an option.
I mean, you don't want me to say it, but that IS where it starts.

Dak has had 3 All-Pros on the O-line at the same time and did nothing with it, same with Tony Romo.

4th round/undrafted talent will always be 4th round/undrafted talent.

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean, you don't want me to say it, but that IS where it starts.

Dak has had 3 All-Pros on the O-line at the same time and did nothing with it, same with Tony Romo.

4th round/undrafted talent will always be 4th round/undrafted talent.

I'm not a Dak fan. I don't care that you say it, It's just unrealistic. That said, where else but the O-Line would you rather improve on the offense?

Just curious, do you know what it would take to move on from Dak right now? What the team would have to go through? They're in neck deep. Dak could lay an egg next year and they probably couldn't move on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan. I don't care that you say it, It's just unrealistic. That said, where else but the O-Line would you rather improve on the offense?

Just curious, do you know what it would take to move on from Dak right now? What the team would have to go through? They're in neck deep. Dak could lay an egg next year and they probably couldn't move on.
I would improve the o-line and have it ready for the next QB.

I know we're stuck with Dak for the next few years, but I don't care to rebuild around him and have a solid team in place for a real QB to take over.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would improve the o-line and have it ready for the next QB.

I know we're stuck with Dak for the next few years, but I don't care to rebuild around him and have a solid team in place for a real QB to take over.

Next few years at minimum. If they want to get rid of him today, he plays 2 more years. And that's only provided they don't restructure his contract after this year. He'd be a 50M cap hit next year. Then a 40M dead cap if they cut him after 2023. What do you think is more likely to happen?

Dak would have to play so bad this year for them to go that route, it's better to hope he does well. There's no easy way out. The next two years would be shot, and then there's the issue of not having a QB. Herbert and Burrow, they don't grow on trees. I don't like it any more than you do.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Next few years at minimum. If they want to get rid of him today, he plays 2 more years. And that's only provided they don't restructure his contract after this year. He'd be a 50M cap hit next year. Then a 40M dead cap if they cut him after 2023. What do you think is more likely to happen?

Dak would have to play so bad this year for them to go that route, it's better to hope he does well. There's no easy way out. The next two years would be shot, and then there's the issue of not having a QB. Herbert and Burrow, they don't grow on trees. I don't like it any more than you do.
I understand that we're stuck with Dak.

I suggested rebuilding around Dak, then when we can let him go we do it, and take our chances on someone else. We know Dak isn't the guy, so why waste anymore time then we absolutely have to on him?

I don't think for a second we will do that. I think they resign him unfortunately.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Cowboys 10-7

Tampa Bay L (I feel another controversial ending happening..)

Bengals W

@ giants W

washington W

@ Rams L

@ philly W

Detroit W

Bears W

@ Packers L

@ Vikings L

giants W

Colts L

Texans W

@ Jaguars W

philly L

@ Titans L

@ washington W

As usual, we'll get screwed by the refs in the opener, then overachieve in the first half of the season only to start coming unglued in the back stretch. Then we back into the playoffs via 7th seed only to get promptly backed-out in the wildcard round. The day after, Fat Mike is summoned to the 50 yd line at the Star where he is to perform seppuku in front of the entire Jones' family. As the ceremony comes to a close, and Spaulding stops picking his nose, the Dallas Chopper comes thundering in and touches down on the turf mere feet from the body. The door slides open and out leaps a reinvigorated Sean Payton in a very sleek Cowboys track suit and half-hat.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowboys 10-7

Tampa Bay L (I feel another controversial ending happening..)

Bengals W

@ giants W

washington W

@ Rams L

@ philly W

Detroit W

Bears W

@ Packers L

@ Vikings L

giants W

Colts L

Texans W

@ Jaguars W

philly L

@ Titans L

@ washington W

As usual, we'll get screwed by the refs in the opener, then overachieve in the first half of the season only to start coming unglued in the back stretch. Then we back into the playoffs via 7th seed only to get promptly backed-out in the wildcard round. The day after, Fat Mike is summoned to the 50 yd line at the Star where he is to perform seppuku in front of the entire Jones' family. As the ceremony comes to a close, and Spaulding stops picking his nose, the Dallas Chopper comes thundering in and touches down on the turf mere feet from the body. The door slides open and out leaps a reinvigorated Sean Payton in a very sleek Cowboys track suit and half-hat.

That does look like a typical Cowboys season even when they are playing good.

I'm not sure Sean Peyton would want to get out of the chopper after witnessing that. I suggest choking via coprophagia. Less blood.