The Seahawks plan to hire Cowboys DL Coach Aden Durde as their defensive coordinator

b0xZZ

Reaction score
If he was responsible for the D line and we have players in that unit saying we lost to GB because we were tired then ****

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Would've preferred the young and hungry Durde to a senior citizen who's been out of the league for 3 years. Not a fan of the Zimmer hire at all.

Monte Kiffin, Rob Ryan and Mike Nolan were "experienced" guys who ran our defense right into the ground. None of them lasted more than a year.
No man.

He aint those guys.

Zimmer is a DC and HC.

He's got the rep too.

Wears the Ring.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Did Jerry throw in some money to make this officially happen? This is good, right?
Its great for that coach.

I dont think Owners can block position coaches from advancing.

I cant remember the rule....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
exactly this needed to be a what can you do for me this year only would not looking ahead in no time to develop and change the defense too much,,, that to me said we were gonna go outside the organization and we're probably not keeping any remnants of the old defensive scheme... It also said it was kinda obvious we were gonna go with a veteran defensive coordinator someone that could put together multiple defenses whatever he can find that's gonna fit whatever we end up with in may as far as a roster goes on defense....
Zimmer is the master of that AA Gap defense, perfected by Jim Johnson.

We've probably seen the last of that 4-2-5 hybrid that DQ, Marinelli, and Nolan ran.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
better situation for him honestly. way higher stakes now for jerry aligned with Zimmer. If Zimmer doesn’t work and durde is successful it won’t look good but that’s the business and risks you take
Would be embarrassing for the fans, but Jerry wouldn't care one way or the other.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So true but it just shows ONE game doesn't make a career. As stated in another thread, one that day, the Packers were a better team but we had more talent.
GB HC is for real.

He basically took our schemes apart.

We really only play one way on offense and defense.

That basic offense has to go, btw. The lack of any presnap motion is killing us. Defenses got us figured out.

I watched some of the 1980 Dallas playoff games recently.

Landry used a ton of presnap motion. impressive.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
better situation for him honestly. way higher stakes now for jerry aligned with Zimmer. If Zimmer doesn’t work and durde is successful it won’t look good but that’s the business and risks you take
Give Durde some time to advance.

Zimmer has a long resume. And a Ring.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is excellent news....makes my day. We might actually hire someone that played the position.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
GB HC is for real.

He basically took our schemes apart.

We really only play one way on offense and defense.

That basic offense has to go, btw. The lack of any presnap motion is killing us. Defenses got us figured out.

I watched some of the 1980 Dallas playoff games recently.

Landry used a ton of presnap motion. impressive.
Wanna know why we don't use motion? Because #4 can't process that information fast enough. Kellen Moore's offense lives off motion....hard to run it if your QB can't read defenses on the fly.