The Seahawks plan to hire Cowboys DL Coach Aden Durde as their defensive coordinator

Silverstar

Reaction score
Good hope someone takes Scott McCurley too. Never liked either of them or Solari.

I think we can do better.

Asklesko

Reaction score
If Dallas were a true meritocracy, one would think Durde would become our DC, no?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have no ill will towards Durde. I wish him luck.

I will miss when they would change the text for his accent on Sounds from the Sidelines. lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
Kind of validates how good he is when that coach wants him running his defense.
I think he’s just going to be the HC's errand boy.
DL in Dallas was a weak link that exposed even
weaker LB play.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but there would seem to have been a fairly strong likelihood that Zimmer would want to explore bringing his Minny right-arm Andre Patterson on to the staff anyhow... but of course, will depend on whether the new NYG DC will prefer to hold on to him as their DL coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Would be embarrassing for the fans, but Jerry wouldn't care one way or the other.
successful how you look like EricB who roade the coattails of one andy reids offense and mahomes, 1 yr gets released has no job?? you do realize that the new head coach is going to be the defensive coordinator. hes why they hired him away from the ravens..Durde will be title only but hey lets lose FACTS..its why EB didnt look so hot without Reid and Mahomes... no way to actually judge that Durde situation until he truly goes out on his OWN.. but hey skew facts to fit narratives,,par for the course here..

MZ has zero to prove his career was good one already had success durde has LONG way to go to even have datas to support a comp ie MZ has nothing to prove he here on 1yr turn it around deal with HC and QB currently both on 1yr deals..ie no security ....just comes in and hopefully comes up with plan to utilize whats here because this isnt his menu he will be cooking for..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zimmer is the master of that AA Gap defense, perfected by Jim Johnson.

We've probably seen the last of that 4-2-5 hybrid that DQ, Marinelli, and Nolan ran.
That is a huge plus right there. Instant upgrade even before FA and the draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it seems some are ruing Durde leaving, so will they turn this into a Sean Payton type of move. :laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
I think he’s just going to be the HC's errand boy.
DL in Dallas was a weak link that exposed even
weaker LB play.
It’s already been announced that the HC will call plays on defense. For now he will definitely be more of an assistant.

erod

Reaction score
TJ Watt is twice the player that Micah is.

He shows up in big games and makes impact plays.

jwitten82

Reaction score
So it seems some are ruing Durde leaving, so will they turn this into a Sean Payton type of move. :laugh:
Lol I'm not even sure what hype is around Durde, buts let's be honest if Dallas would've hired him, you would've been saying it was a great hire. I don't care that Durde is gone, our dline has not been impressive. So no big loss there

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol I'm not even sure what hype is around Durde, buts let's be honest if Dallas would've hired him, you would've been saying it was a great hire. I don't care that Durde is gone, our dline has not been impressive. So no big loss there
Oh I don't care he is gone, happy actually. I wondered why they hired him to begin with.
So, no, I would not have said he was a great hire.

FoxF

Reaction score
Guy is from England where they think cricket is a sport, I imagine he would be the first NFL DC from there?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I wish Durde the best but I have no idea what he has done at this level to get a coordinator's job. Was his work with the defensive line here so good that it made Seattle think "yes, we need this guy in here now"?

Or was he simply a choice made when all other options were gone?

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Amazing with so many awesome coaches and players we still sucked against GB huh?
Not just GB, we sucked against the 49ers and the Bills just as bad. Even the Cardinals beat us by double digits. Our esteemed defensive coaches could really beat up on crappy teams though.

CWR

Reaction score
Not just GB, we sucked against the 49ers and the Bills just as bad. Even the Cardinals beat us by double digits. Our esteemed defensive coaches could really beat up on crappy teams though.
I've never seen anything like it before these last couple seasons. We absolutely dominate bad teams, and it has ZERO translation against the big boys.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Will the Cowboys get a comp pick for Seattle hiring Durde as DC?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It was reported prior to the game, that the whole team seems very tight. GB was playing with house money and went into that game without any pressure. Cowboys as a team must play better in the so called big games. Stars have to play like stars when everything is on the line.
1000%......