***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's funny how most people think this photo was just released for some sort of collusion or something. I saw and knew this when I was living in LA last Summer and remember when TMZ ran it then. This should have not been news to anyone, it was out there for all to see for 6 months.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
its time to just let this one go. The rule is terrible and needs changed, but I'm yet to hear a better wording for it.

Let it go for what? if people don't speak out about this screw job it will happen again. what it's time for is for the people is these fools to be fired. THEY NEED TO BE FIRED. your idea of just letting this screw job go is a joke.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Blandino needs to go period. He panders to the media and fans far to much to have such an important position in the NFL.

Thats the problem. Blandino panders to powers that be too much. Yes last weeks decision helped influenced all of this. It probably help the networks to make sure that the other teams that play Dallas doesn't get that same treatment as what happened in Detroit.

Their failure was that they let outside influence helped determine this decision and nothing else. Now its beginning to bite them.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just to return to my original thread post, a year ago Blandino upheld an on the field referee's call of a complete catch. The play was nearly identical to Dez. Blandino directly stated that the on field call should stand, as it wasn't indisputable the catch was still in process. He also said the ball touching the ground was not a factor.

To summarize, his, explanation one year ago is in complete contradiction to his explanation now. 180 degrees.

The overturn of Dez's catch was bogus. Period. Blandino is either intentionally lying or has a memory problem. Either way the call was bogus.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Blandino: "Is it a catch?" Blandino asked during his weekly segment on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access." "The referee will have to make the determination, did the receiver have both feet down prior to him getting contacted, which sent him to the ground. If that's the case, then he doesn't have to hold onto it when he hits the ground.

"So you're going to see control. Just as the second foot comes down, there's going to be contact, now he goes to the ground. The referee determined that this was not part of the process. He'd completed the catch process, and therefore did not have to hold onto the football. We do feel that the ruling on the field stands."

This article was a great find, because all of the above commentary (made by Blandino a year ago) could have been used to describe Dez's catch that was overturned. The only difference was the conclusion.

Blandino says, "It's that close as to whether the second foot was clearly down, meaning that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it."

Dez took three steps.

But Blandino avoids the entire question of a 2nd (or 3rd) foot being down, by saying that it was all part of the process. Even though the official on the field ruled that it was NOT part of the process, just as had been ruled in Cincy a year ago, when the call was upheld because of the ruling on the field.

Weasel caught by his own words

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What Chris Carter talks on the camera for free? Wow I love your logic.

Everyone who understands commerce knows that, silly, which means it wasn't necessary to mention. Yet you mentioned it. So the logical man would assume you meant that he was paid to say the call was the right one, not that he is paid to give his opinion.

If you're going to criticize someone's logic, at least have a proper understanding of it yourself. Just saying.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
It's funny how most people think this photo was just released for some sort of collusion or something. I saw and knew this when I was living in LA last Summer and remember when TMZ ran it then. This should have not been news to anyone, it was out there for all to see for 6 months.
TMZ re-ran the photo after the Lions game for a specific reason that should speak for itself. There were probably many people who hadn't seen it when you did, but they were suddenly paying attention when it was released last week.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Blandino should resign or be fired. he can not be trusted anymore. he tried to prove he was not bias for the cowboys. and he and his replay ref killed the cowboys season on a unreal game changing call. he has to go.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Without a doubt, things could not have gone worse for Blandino. He was hammered back when this happened for being caught in a compromising position. You know his bosses were not happy and probably warned him with one of those, "this better not come back up again to haunt us this season."

And here we are. Everyone convinced Jerry paid him off for last week's win, and now everyone now assuming this week was a makeup.

Seriously -- outside of walking out of that bus with his pants down, this is about as exposing a sequence as someone in his position can find themselves in.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Let it go for what? if people don't speak out about this screw job it will happen again. what it's time for is for the people is these fools to be fired. THEY NEED TO BE FIRED. your idea of just letting this screw job go is a joke.

You sound like a lions fan a week ago. Someone needs to be fired because they disagree with you? Come on now. The problem is with the rule not the call. I'm all for having that discussion. This talk of screw jobs and cover ups and hidden agendas? Not so much.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Thats the problem. Blandino panders to powers that be too much. Yes last weeks decision helped influenced all of this. It probably help the networks to make sure that the other teams that play Dallas doesn't get that same treatment as what happened in Detroit.

Their failure was that they let outside influence helped determine this decision and nothing else. Now its beginning to bite them.

Bingo. your post is right on the money. ESPN and the rest of the media are a joke. just like Blandino and that replay ref are.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
You sound like a lions fan a week ago. Someone needs to be fired because they disagree with you? Come on now. The problem is with the rule not the call. I'm all for having that discussion. This talk of screw jobs and cover ups and hidden agendas? Not so much.

You are full of crap. that was a catch and you know it was. even under the so call rule it was a catch. it was a screw job that cost the cowboys their season. and screw the Lions. that picked up flag did not cost them a touchdown. the Dez BS did cost the cowboys a go ahead TD. get out of here with your excuse making for this screw job.

Plankton

Reaction score
This statement scares me, because sometimes I really think it is true.

Then I might be like the 10 year old who finally found out that pro wrestling was really fake.

Wait.....pro wrestling is fake?

tumblr_n4d1r8Wx451rqfhi2o1_400.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Everyone who understands commerce knows that, silly, which means it wasn't necessary to mention. Yet you mentioned it. So the logical man would assume you meant that he was paid to say the call was the right one, not that he is paid to give his opinion.

If you're going to criticize someone's logic, at least have a proper understanding of it yourself. Just saying.

Yes of course he is paid to say what he says on camera. Same with Mike Perera and Blandino. They are now all saying that was not a catching because the NFL is in damage control. You do know what that means right?

I don't take anything they are saying even with a grain of salt. But you should though. Because if for any reason they determine that Dez's catch was actually a catch, someone's head is going to roll and no one will be laughing about any of this.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Weasel caught by his own words
Yes this is hypocrisy at it's finest and you what's interesting MB is that on Facebook you got these morons on there who actually believe that wasn't a catch their hatred is so blinding them it's pathetic one of them of a Detroit fan said we need to quit bisching about the main one who started the status was a Falcons fan enough said.

I can't stand us humans sometimes that can sit there with a straight face a say it wasn't a catch those types would not be invited to my home to watch any game with me being that blatantly and willfully ignorant will not be tolerated.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

The difference between the Lions game and our game is simple: the result of the play that the Lions fans perceive as a bad call resulted in an easy 4th down conversion (4th and 1, I believe). They screwed that up and then botched the punt. Meaning, they shot themselves in the foot after the so-called bad call.

Yesterday Dez' non-catch happened on 4th down, resulting in a turnover on downs. We never got the ball back.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Possession....2 feet and control....CHECK
Football move....Lunging with the ball....CHECK

Watch from the 40 second mark of the clip, stare only at his left leg/foot. He plants so hard that a divet comes up off of the frozen tundra all while the ball is being advanced. Yet no divet when Dez originally jumps.

It's the very definition of a Football move, yet the replay booth requires clear proof that every aspect of the play and rules were not met. It shows a clear lung with forensic proof...the divet.

So bad.

I just posted the same thing in another thread then saw this. I hadn't noticed that before.

T-RO

Reaction score
The league seems to have an interest in keeping a few bizarre ambiguous rules it can use. The ambiguity is wonderful...they can drive a truckload of deceit through the fog, achieve the desired result...and move on.

Whether it's the billions in gambling money...or the desire to drive up the TV ratings...this league is hungry for more and more money. They've lost me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes of course he is paid to say what he says on camera. Same with Mike Perera and Blandino. They are now all saying that was not a catching because the NFL is in damage control. You do know what that means right?

What? :huh: You're not making any sense now. I don't know what you're talking about, and I doubt you to either. I don't even feel like unsorting this convoluted plot you've hatched in your mind.

I don't take anything they are saying even with a grain of salt. But you should though. Because if for any reason they determine that Dez's catch was actually a catch, someone's head is going to roll and no one will be laughing about any of this.

Yeah, someone's head is going to roll. :rolleyes:
Even if they rule Dez's catch a catch ...
1. It's not going to change the outcome of the game.
2. They'll simply say they made a bad call, as they usually do when they make a mistake (see last week) and
3. Nobody's going to lose his job for this because there's no conspiracy. You guys make yourselves look stupid buying into some conspiracy theory.