***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
The whole point of replay is to get it right. Not add even more interpretation to the equation.

That is the general problem with the rule to begin with.

You then allow an ambiguous rule to be opened up for interpretation via review.

All in all, the rule needs to be simplified.

The last thing replay needs to involve is more opinion and interpretation.

The whole idea is to allow things to become more black and white, not add more human error to the process.

cant like this post enough!

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The difference between the Lions game and our game is simple: the result of the play that the Lions fans perceive as a bad call resulted in an easy 4th down conversion (4th and 1, I believe). They screwed that up and then botched the punt. Meaning, they shot themselves in the foot after the so-called bad call.

Yesterday Dez' non-catch happened on 4th down, resulting in a turnover on downs. We never got the ball back.

BINGO. for him to try and compare the two is a joke.

T-RO

Reaction score
tyke1doe...you are most certainly one of the dullest tools in the shed I've ever seen. Or a paid denier. If you can't see how this is screwed up...you've hopelessly lost your ball in the weeds and should disconnect from the internet until you find it.

Which is worse...to be such an idiot or to defend corrupt losers!

I'm not sure, LOL!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The difference between the Lions game and our game is simple: the result of the play that the Lions fans perceive as a bad call resulted in an easy 4th down conversion (4th and 1, I believe). They screwed that up and then botched the punt. Meaning, they shot themselves in the foot after the so-called bad call.

Yesterday Dez' non-catch happened on 4th down, resulting in a turnover on downs. We never got the ball back.

Your definition of the lions screwing it up applies to the Cowboys too. They screwed up by not getting the packers off the field, and letting them kill the clock. I don't want to be an NFL apologist. I think the rule is terrible and I also think we should have had time out back on the clock. I just think the conspiracy theories are a joke.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
The Lions fans were saying similar things last week.

but the context is so different.

The Lions had a chance to overcome what they saw as a bad call. That play resulted in a 4th and 1, which they could have easily converted but botched, then they muffed the punt to give us good field position. it was the Lions who handed the game to us; not the refs.

Yesterday, Dez' non-catch happened on 4th down, resulting in a turnover on downs. We never got the ball back.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Your definition of the lions screwing it up applies to the Cowboys too. They screwed up by not getting the packers off the field, and letting them kill the clock. I don't want to be an NFL apologist. I think the rule is terrible and I also think we should have had time out back on the clock. I just think the conspiracy theories are a joke.

Duly noted. If you don't want to participate in the thread no one is forcing you.

T-RO

Reaction score
I read the book by the NBA referee who told all the inside story about how the league jerry-rigged results. This league is looking very similar to me right now.

T-RO

Reaction score
It's not just about how the Cowboys got screwed. The Lions got screwed the week before.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
but the context is so different.

The Lions had a chance to overcome what they saw as a bad call. That play resulted in a 4th and 1, which they could have easily converted but botched, then they muffed the punt to give us good field position. it was the Lions who handed the game to us; not the refs.

Yesterday, Dez' non-catch happened on 4th down, resulting in a turnover on downs. We never got the ball back.

I've already explain why the situations are similar. I know where and why I was making the comparison. Do we really have to go down this road again?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Here is the bottom line....this "Dallas Cowboy Thing" is more than football to Jerry(just imagine a home playoff game yesterday getting in the way of the NCAA party Jerry is hosting right now)...and no matter WHAT the final score is....Jerry ALWAYS wins. Those of us sitting in our living room...scraping up enough money to buy the family jerseys and get together with our friends to watch the game.....will never relate to the "celebrity" Jerry Jones is BECAUSE of this "Dallas Cowboy Thing". There will be plenty who defend it....arguing that "it is his team he can do what he wants"....or "he built this stadium , so he has to what needs to be done to pay for it" But for those of us that were around LONG before Jerry Jones...it is just "football" to us....and I personally know that the "controversy" Jerry surrounds this team in.....will always put additional hurdles along the path of us winning another Super Bowl. I am going to assume at the time Jerry thought nothing of partying with the VP for officials....I am sure there were those that said "that's just Jerry being Jerry"....but for one year...just one year....I would love to see how this team will perform without a hint of Jerry existing. And I am NOT blaming him for yesterday...but you are kidding yourself if you do not believe his persona looms large in unimaginable ways....when the NFL brass has to make "judgement" calls concerning this "Dallas Cowboy Thing"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
What? :huh: You're not making any sense now. I don't know what you're talking about, and I doubt you to either. I don't even feel like unsorting this convoluted plot you've hatched in your mind.

I think you are failing to understand that there is something called DAMAGE CONTROL by the media. Those people you mentioned are nothing more than tools to fix the damage thats happening right now because of the Dez catch. Its either that you don't realize this or that your in denial about it. I'm cool with that since I'm not one to have ego issues over things people say.

Yeah, someone's head is going to roll. :rolleyes:
Even if they rule Dez's catch a catch ...
1. It's not going to change the outcome of the game.
2. They'll simply say they made a bad call, as they usually do when they make a mistake (see last week) and
3. Nobody's going to lose his job for this because there's no conspiracy. You guys make yourselves look stupid buying into some conspiracy theory.

Like I mentioned before heads will roll because of this. Thus the reason why there is damage control being done at a national scale. However, people aren't buying. Some people do though. They think that what comes out from the media is the truth and nothing but the truth. I think that your one of those that are blinded by what the media is saying and thus trying to justify their position.

But I have to say. Your on the wrong side of this argument. That was a catch pure and simple. Whatever the media and the networks are saying is nothing more than a scripted damage control message which some of the naive are believing. Go ahead and call me names as believing in conspiracies. Never said that this was a conspiracy. This is a combination of factors from the Lions game debacle. Read my other postings about that.

So in conclusion, I just feel sorry for you. That you have to believe in the lie that the media is putting out and that this is the exact thing they want you to believe. Its not eh truth and nothing more than lies. But thats okay with me.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind, the call in Detroit and that TMZ picture played some role in overturning the Dez catch.

But here's the worst part of it. The Cowboys players themselves, they had NOTHING to do with that off season party bus where the photo was taken. The Cowboys players had NOTHING to do with the flag, call and eventual pickup that the refs butchered on the PI call in the Lions game. But for some reason they had to pay for it, no matter what. And here's the sad thing, this team didn't get to 13-4 via talent, or a reliance on talent. It took a bunch of no names on D to work their ***** off through training camp up until the playoffs to stay on the team. It took guys like Hitchens and McClain, Murray and Romo playing hurt week in and week out just so we could make the playoffs. It took the players & coaches hours up hours and days upon days of looking at film, focusing on one game at a time, and executing at the best of the abilities just so they wouldn't take any game for granted and end up 8-8 again. Every player on that team gave it their all for 18 weeks. But all of it went down the tubes because some official in NY didn't want it to look like he favored the Cowboys. And that's bulls***

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind, the call in Detroit and that TMZ picture played some role in overturning the Dez catch.

But here's the worst part of it. The Cowboys players themselves, they had NOTHING to do with that off season party bus where the photo was taken. The Cowboys players had NOTHING to do with the flag, call and eventual pickup that the refs butchered on the PI call in the Lions game. But for some reason they had to pay for it, no matter what. And here's the sad thing, this team didn't get to 13-4 via talent, or a reliance on talent. It took a bunch of no names on D to work their ***** off through training camp up until the playoffs to stay on the team. It took guys like Hitchens and McClain, Murray and Romo playing hurt week in and week out just so we could make the playoffs. It took the players & coaches hours up hours and days upon days of looking at film, focusing on one game at a time, and executing at the best of the abilities just so they wouldn't take any game for granted and end up 8-8 again. Every player on that team gave it their all for 18 weeks. But all of it went down the tubes because some official in NY didn't want it to look like he favored the Cowboys. And that's bulls***

Thanks for that post and that makes more logical sense. I really believe that there were outside factors that played a part in this. I know that the Lions were screaming about the non PI play. But in hindsight, if you look at the films, it was actually PI against the offense. What they did is they let that fester out into the media and made it a big deal without bringing up the point that the picked up flag was the right call.

Then when they realized that someone was going to hang if they let the Cowboys win this game, someone was going to hang. Their fears overcame them and thus decided in one big swoop to call it against the Cowboys and worry about the repercussions later.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Thanks for that post and that makes more logical sense. I really believe that there were outside factors that played a part in this. I know that the Lions were screaming about the non PI play. But in hindsight, if you look at the films, it was actually PI against the offense. What they did is they let that fester out into the media and made it a big deal without bringing up the point that the picked up flag was the right call.

Then when they realized that someone was going to hang if they let the Cowboys win this game, someone was going to hang. Their fears overcame them and thus decided in one big swoop to call it against the Cowboys and worry about the repercussions later.

I know what you are referring to with the offensive pi, but it was defensive holding before anything else happened. Regardless there were a lot of blown calls in that game.

T-RO

Reaction score
its time to just let this one go. The rule is terrible and needs changed, but I'm yet to hear a better wording for it.

No I won't let this one go. Ever. Nor will I let go what happened in Detroit. It tells me the league isn't trustworthy. I won't forget. Ever.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I know what you are referring to with the offensive pi, but it was defensive holding before anything else happened. Regardless there were a lot of blown calls in that game.

Yes I know about the defensive holding. But thats an obvious non-call since it didn't affect how the receiver was running his route. Holding the facemask of the defender prevented how the defender wasn't able to turn around and see the ball. Thus it was either call the both for a penalty and have off-setting penalties. Or don't call any penalties at all. Which was I believe to be fair since the Lions can go for it on 4th down.

As with the Dez catch it was a game changing reversal. It was a catch and was reversed for no reason whatsoever. Both teams were still close in winning the game and that reversal gave the game to Green Bay.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
No I won't let this one go. Ever. Nor will I let go what happened in Detroit. It tells me the league isn't trustworthy. I won't forget. Ever.

It's not just one call. It's many. The Cobb-Rodgers pass that hit the ground, the Atlanta game we lost in 2012, the roughing the passer call in 2012 on Griffin...