***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It hit the ground- but it CAN- provided the ball is controlled when it hits the ground and then control is regained immediately without the ball "free" to the ground.

It can only hit the ground provided control is never lost.

Any element of lost control negates the catch.

mugsybows

Reaction score
This is insanity....I saw it hit the ground several times on TV during the game and on replays ad-nausium. People are seeing what they want to see.

Dez essentially slammed the ball on the ground trying to get to the goal line. Enough already! Argue the rule, or argue the lunge as a football move, but "never hit the ground" is just stupid denial.

Can you please show us what you saw. Not saying you didn't see it. Just saying show us and end the discussion. I'll even take a video that shows it hit the ground without question. I know im probably getting into with a troll but still I can't help it. I wanna actually see the ball touch the ground and move out of his control. Not his arm touching the ground and the ball moving. But the actual ball touching any part of the ground and it moving out of his control

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your definition of the lions screwing it up applies to the Cowboys too. They screwed up by not getting the packers off the field, and letting them kill the clock. I don't want to be an NFL apologist. I think the rule is terrible and I also think we should have had time out back on the clock. I just think the conspiracy theories are a joke.

Yeah I just think they screwed up personally. I said Lions fans were silly last week for talking about them and we're repeating the same mistake. I'd like to think we'd have more class and pride than those guys.

T-RO

Reaction score
It's not just one call. It's many. The Cobb-Rodgers pass that hit the ground, the Atlanta game we lost in 2012, the roughing the passer call in 2012 on Griffin...

Blah. Blah. Do you have a point?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is insanity....I saw it hit the ground several times on TV during the game and on replays ad-nausium. People are seeing what they want to see.

Dez essentially slammed the ball on the ground trying to get to the goal line. Enough already! Argue the rule, or argue the lunge as a football move, but "never hit the ground" is just stupid denial.
It hit the ground- but it CAN- provided the ball is controlled when it hits the ground and then control is regained immediately without the ball "free" to the ground.

You mean like if he has clear control of ball before a knee or elbow touches the ground.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pereira-dez-bryant-reversal-2015-1

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Can you please show us what you saw. Not saying you didn't see it. Just saying show us and end the discussion. I'll even take a video that shows it hit the ground without question. I know im probably getting into with a troll but still I can't help it. I wanna actually see the ball touch the ground and move out of his control. Not his arm touching the ground and the ball moving. But the actual ball touching any part of the ground and it moving out of his control

FeatureImage.jpg

Not that I agree with the call but here's a pic.

I think the rule and call are wrong because I don't think "going to the ground" should apply to these plays.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Just to return to my original thread post, a year ago Blandino upheld an on the field referee's call of a complete catch. The play was nearly identical to Dez. Blandino directly stated that the on field call should stand, as it wasn't indisputable the catch was still in process. He also said the ball touching the ground was not a factor.

To summarize, his, explanation one year ago is in complete contradiction to his explanation now. 180 degrees.

The overturn of Dez's catch was bogus. Period. Blandino is either intentionally lying or has a memory problem. Either way the call was bogus.

Can anyone dispute this? No, of course not. This is a complete contradiction and a great find by you Staubacher.
It is literally the same type of play except in Dez's play he took 3 steps and never totally lost the ball after hitting the ground. Which makes Blandino's explanation even more absurdly incorrect.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Let's say, for discussion purposes, that the Dez play isn't overturned and the Cowboys score on the next play (highly likely).

I assume the Cowboys go for 2 at that point to make it a 3 point game. Anybody know the average conversion rate on 2 pt conversions. How about the Cowboys conversion percentage for the season.

At that point the Packers have the ball with 3:30 - 4:00 minutes left and 0 time-outs.

What scenarios play out?

The one I think is most likely is the Packers drive down and end up kicking a field goal with maybe 1 minute left and the Cowboys have maybe a minute or so to try to the same.

I suspect the game goes into overtime.

Has anybody used the game outcome calculator to see what the odds of the Cowboys and/or Packers win is based on the outcome of the over-turned call. I ready somewhere that either way the Packers had a greater likelihood of winning, however, that seems odd to me since the Cowboys would have the lead in the scenario where Dez is given that catch.

superonyx

Reaction score
I haven't changed my mind. I'm addressing the issue in totality. I thought it was a catch. If it had stood, I could have accepted that - gladly. But it was overturned. And it didn't go our way. Such is life.

But my initial issue here is not to argue the call. Rather it is to point out that this isn't unique to the Cowboys. The Lions fans were saying similar things last week.

So what? What relevance does it add to say the Lions fans were saying the same thing?
Even if the officials screwed the lions last week that doesn't change the fact that they screwed us this week. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And why do you care so much that Cowboys fans are upset over what they all know was a catch that ended there favorite teams season? Let people vent and be upset without coming in to look like a thread troll.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Troy Aikman must be a biased idiot.

Even he stated that he did not complete the catch.

Don't get me wrong here. I felt that he caught the ball...but according to the rules...since he was falling.
Anyone that says he wasn't falling is delusional.

khiladi

Reaction score
All the while the NFL isn't having to deal with the lack of furor over the fact that at least four times in the Patriots comeback they declared inelible receivers slyly to the refs without anything being conveyed to the Ravens.

And you wonder how they started getting wide open...

Last edited:

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The hypocrisy in my view is that last week when Blandino said "there was no undisputed evidence that there was a push/touch before the ball arrived" EVERYBODY pull all the jokes on him and shouted loud about how they thought he was wrong and kept bringing the shot of him come off the Cowboys bus...

This week however..EVERYBODY is shouting how Blandino "The Expert" now is correct and did the right thing

:cool:

romothesavior

Reaction score
I'm willing to give officials a ton of leeway on judgment calls in real time. But there is zero excuse for screwing up a call on replay.

This play and the Lions play are worlds apart for this reason alone.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is everyone aware that the officials allowed 40 seconds to tick off the clock after the controversial call? They never put the time back on the clock. Forty seconds is a lot of time to lose if the OP's scenario took place.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The head of officiating will just about always back the refs. The ex head that works for tv now (I don't know, or care, what his name is) used to agree with refs all the time on dumb calls, now he questions calls all the time.

Gameover

Reaction score
Green Bay wouldve been passing on 1st and 2nd down, Cowboys had been good all year(philly Rams lions) in making a play on those situations.

I dont count out the defense if GB started at their 20 or so. Too bad we didnt get to see it.

Swanny

Reaction score
Troy Aikman must be a biased idiot.

Even he stated that he did not complete the catch.

Don't get me wrong here. I felt that he caught the ball...but according to the rules...since he was falling.
Anyone that says he wasn't falling is delusional.

He's falling for sure but makes a football move which completes the catch process