The Security Guard Decided To Press Charges On Zeke After All **merged**

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
This kid gets paid and we never hear about this again. And goodell wont say a word. If the kid gets him arrested then Elliot may be in trouble. But I think he gets a couple of stacks and some tickets and its done.

If EE gets something done before probably only cost his thousands wouldn’t be surprised if close to seven figures now. EE doesn’t strike me as someone responsible with money so he may need that new deal to pay this off be interesting if he starts to threaten to hold out looking for a deal.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Again, I could see it both ways. If he truly wanted money he would have been all over it right off the bat in hopes that Zeke/Jerry would settle out of court before the NFL got involved, not wait until after.

A closed criminal investigation hasn't swayed the NFL's decision to punish; why would a closed civil matter make any difference? The video would have been seen just the same so it's not like preempting NFL involvement was ever a possibility. Filing right away wouldn't have resulted in a settlement, and it certainly wouldn't have deterred NFL involvement. Think about the dynamic you have proposed here.
  • NFL involvement is bad, presumably because it has consequences
  • Payoffs or settlements can preempt NFL involvement
  • Players/owners seek to avoid NFL consequences, and will pay people off in order to do so
In short: the NFL is corrupt enough to let punishable acts slide if hush money is paid, while also being so corrupt that it scares players/owners into paying out as quickly as possible.

How is this not the Mafia?

Let me ask you this, in what scenario wouldn’t it be about the money? If he sued right off the bat everyone would accuse him of wanting money. Now he waits until Zeke isn’t punished and it’s about the money. There’s no way this kid could sue without having people accusing him of it all being about the money.

Of course there isn't. The events that unfolded don't warrant anything but being accused of money-grabbing. Had Zeke done anything less, he would have been farting in the guard's general direction. To be clear, Zeke is an idiot and shouldn't have been in that situation. I yearn for the start of the season, if only because it means Zeke has fewer opportunities to make stupid decisions. It really sucks that we have to watch him live out his prime years as a remedial adult. While I likely wouldn't have had any sympathy for Zeke if he were suspended solely on account of being an idiot, I refused to sympathize with someone who opportunistically seeks compensation because their ego took a hit.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Are you acquainted with tort law, muffin?

If so, you'd know that tort (not tart like your sweetie) is designed to punish a person or group or business with civil penalties. The framers of U.S. and English tort law intended to 1. Make sure the same injurious action by the defendant does not reoccur via sanctions and 2. That the injured person or group is compensated for physical injury, defamation, conversion or false imprisonment.

In other words, if little Zeke uses battery again, he knows of his coming liability. Liability is designed to punish and help avoid future incidents. Think of it as a Gooddell suspension.

Now, are you saying if I pushed down your mom or you that that is OK with you? A civil action against me won't take me off the streets, but it might make me think twice about making you cry again, oaf.

Nice rant.

I was referring to this-

The alternative: Let bullys roam the landscape, pushing down those they dislike with no repercussions and enjoying the benefits of freedom.

Zeke can afford to pay whatever damages incurred. You referred to bullies roaming around free. Like I said, had he pressed charges and had Zeke arrested he wouldn't be. But by all means, continue your ad hominem ranting if that makes you feel better.

aria

Reaction score
I’m 100 percent sure he didn’t hit that dj. I know people who work there and hang there all the time. Elliott didn’t need to hit him.
You’re the only person I’ve ever heard say that. Please explain the rest of the circumstances to me then. How were there no cameras? Think I could have walked in there and laid someone out then walked out the door? Why wasn't’ there even a suspect? Why did the DJ not know who hit him but knew enough to give the police false contact information? Why did he give police false contact information? Why did he “disappear” for several weeks/months? If Zeke didn’t hit him, who were they protecting?

aria

Reaction score

A closed criminal investigation hasn't swayed the NFL's decision to punish; why would a closed civil matter make any difference? The video would have been seen just the same so it's not like preempting NFL involvement was ever a possibility. Filing right away wouldn't have resulted in a settlement, and it certainly wouldn't have deterred NFL involvement. Think about the dynamic you have proposed here.
  • NFL involvement is bad, presumably because it has consequences
  • Payoffs or settlements can preempt NFL involvement
  • Players/owners seek to avoid NFL consequences, and will pay people off in order to do so
In short: the NFL is corrupt enough to let punishable acts slide if hush money is paid, while also being so corrupt that it scares players/owners into paying out as quickly as possible.

How is this not the Mafia?

Of course there isn't. The events that unfolded don't warrant anything but being accused of money-grabbing. Had Zeke done anything less, he would have been farting in the guard's general direction. To be clear, Zeke is an idiot and shouldn't have been in that situation. I yearn for the start of the season, if only because it means Zeke has fewer opportunities to make stupid decisions. It really sucks that we have to watch him live out his prime years as a remedial adult. While I likely wouldn't have had any sympathy for Zeke if he were suspended solely on account of being an idiot, I refused to sympathize with someone who opportunistically seeks compensation because their ego took a hit.
Vaild points but there’s still no more legitimacy to the people accusing him of just wanting money, the argument can go both ways.

aria

Reaction score
He said something that caused zeke to turn around and approach him. If you saw the tape it is indisputable.
Ahhhh...good point, I forgot that words are a justifiable reason for putting your hands on someone :rolleyes:

aria

Reaction score
Make sure there are witnesses, call the cops and get them lawyers primed and ready ASAP.
Then some friends show up at said person's door 2 years later, on the anniversary.
Lol, ideally. I had about 100 witnesses on 7th and Trinity and I was still arrested and guilty.

aria

Reaction score
You are lying to yourself Aria we all see it. There is not a chance in hell this dude would sue a guy who made 35k a year.
Yeah, I’m playing devils advocate and trying to look at things objectively but you have no idea who this guy would sue. I’ll tell you right now I’m a vindictive person. If some 15 year old came up and punched me in the face I would have a few options. Whoop his azz in which case I know I would get arrested, lose my job, etc, could sue him or I could do other things I can’t/won’t mention here.

If I was rational and didn’t want him to go unpunished I would sue him. I may not win and if I did I may not win anything (which I wouldn’t care about) but I’ll be damned if I would not do anything. Some people need to be taught a lesson and when it’s not handled then sometimes that means taking the next step whether legally or otherwise.

Some of you keep forgetting who the real punk is here. This kid is now the “bad guy” when it was a professional football player who confronted him and put his hands on him. What world do you people live in where you think that’s acceptable?

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

LittleD

Reaction score
This is just another case of a quick-fisted money grubber looking for a payday. He could garner more publicity if he would sue
Zeke in small claims court, go on Judge Judy, an get his 5K before 6pm.

aria

Reaction score
Funny thing is alot of you would do the samething if you had an opportunity to fill your checking accounts.

Yall are only reeled up because it is Zeke, your hometown hero.
If this were a player on any other team the outrage and conspiracy theories here would be over the top.

“If this were a Cowboy he would be suspended for a year”.

“Goodell hates the Cowboys, no way one of our players would get away with this”.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If this was a player on any other team the outrage and conspiracy theories here would be over the top.

“If this were a Cowboy he would be suspended for a year”.

“Goodell hates the Cowboys, no way one of our players would get away with this”.

Imo Zeke deserves whatever he gets. I still dont see how he let himself into that situation after the other fiasco.

Even before he got wasted that night he had an opportunity to decide not to, or atleast do it somewhere in the comfort away from the public.

aria

Reaction score
Imo Zeke deserves whatever he gets. I still dont see how he let himself into that situation after the other fiasco.

Even before he got wasted that night he had an opportunity to decide not to, or atleast do it somewhere in the comfort away from the public.
Agreed. You better duck!

CPanther95

Reaction score
Yes, Zeke needs to grow up .... but getting 'bumped' down isn't a collectable offense as far as I'm concerned. Dude is a security guard, he's getting paid to withstand a few minor shoves or bumpings. Can't stand people that spend their life looking for any opportunity to win the lottery without paying the buck to play.

The fact that Zeke isn't going to get a long term deal is more punishment for his off the field issues than anything these lawsuits can bring.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, Zeke needs to grow up .... but getting 'bumped' down isn't a collectable offense as far as I'm concerned. Dude is a security guard, he's getting paid to withstand a few minor shoves or bumpings. Can't stand people that spend their life looking for any opportunity to win the lottery without paying the buck to play.

The fact that Zeke isn't going to get a long term deal is more punishment for his off the field issues than anything these lawsuits can bring.
Well, he is with one team that would give him a long term deal.

The hitch could be since he is pressing charges, the law will be involved as opposed to the guy filing a civil lawsuit for Barrierphobia and being forced to seek a new career.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is mysterious is the length of time. He knew who he was because he called him by name. He knows that he's going to be twitchy about protecting his name because of his previous history with the league. Surely the ambulance chasers were lining up.

Guess the lawyer got to him with the sequence of events to riches. First you file the criminal charge, then comes the civil suit, then the payday. If I was Elliott, I wouldn't settle with this guy and take it to a jury trail. It is obvious what the guy is doing and I'd like my chances with a jury and this guy with no injuries and obviously a tool for a lawyer.

So, for Elliott, what does this mean? Goodell has already seen the video and had his meeting with Elliott and found no cause for discipline. Does this change that just because this guy is looking for a payday? Only the act, or lack of in this case, should enter into this, not the aftermath.