The single most pathetic thing I've ever seen....

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
notherbob said:
What's really scary is that a lot of the guys who post at ES are likely Washington government administrators. Ever wonder why the gov is so screwed up? People with these kinds of reasoning powers are determining your future and mine. Does this increase or decrease your confidence in how Washington treats us? These people want to take decision making away from you and decide for you. They, like preachers and politicians, feel that they are smarter than you and better qualified to decide for you. Make you feel good?

I seriously doubt that someone who cannot use the word “absurd” correctly in a sentence has anything to do with creating the laws that govern our country!! LOL

These Commander fans are unbelievable. I posted earlier that it was unfair to label all Commanders fans as crybabies but good Lord I am starting to rethink that comment. J

Amazing how they are all experts in physics and human anatomy, yet they deflect the position that the pictures shown are AFTER he had crossed the plane. I watched that game and I was so shell shocked that they managed to jump offsides twice on a friggin extra point that the 2-point conversion was really a mute point. Could you imagine Big Bill’s reaction if Dallas had done that, holy crap he would still be chewing out the special team unit. I also particularly enjoyed the comment about how Dallas should be 2-6 and that we wouldn’t see 8-8. I wonder….. did he put his vast knowledge of physics and human anatomy to use when making that prediction?

Man I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Glad I had that board to keep me company tonight. I needed a good laugh D:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MTRS-Jon said:
Amazing how they are all experts in physics and human anatomy, yet they deflect the position that the pictures shown are AFTER he had crossed the plane.

It is amazing, isn't it? All they kept doing is showing that one picture of the elbow on the ground short of the goal line, and saying that it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ball never crossed. When told that the ball had crossed while the runner was still up and he had then been pushed back in the frame they were showing... they either completely ignored that or bubba even said that theory was "obsurd", lol.

Delusional. :lmao:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
rynochop said:
Alstot probably didn't get in....the elbow was down before the goal

Alstott's elbow didn't touch the ground until AFTER he was pushed back. The question isn't where the ball was when his elbow touched the ground, it's whether the ball crossed the plane of the goal line BEFORE he got pushed back. From the side view, you can see that his right elbow crossed the plane of the goal line. And since the point of the ball was tucked into the inside of his elbow, it's very likely that the nose of the ball did, in fact, cross the plane -- or likely enough NOT to overturn the call on the field.

31700273051.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Alstott's elbow didn't touch the ground until AFTER he was pushed back. The question isn't where the ball was when his elbow touched the ground, it's whether the ball crossed the plane of the goal line BEFORE he got pushed back. From the side view, you can see that his right elbow crossed the plane of the goal line. And since the point of the ball was tucked into the inside of his elbow, it's very likely that the nose of the ball did, in fact, cross the plane -- or likely enough NOT to overturn the call on the field.

31700273051.jpg
Good shot.....does anyone have a picture of Betts stepping out of bounds on the kickoff?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Boohoo...the refs cost us the game!

Boohoo...it wasn't the fact that we turned the ball over three times and made Chris Simms look like a Pro Bowler!

Boohoo...the refs hate us, that's why we lost!

Boohoo...I thought we were going to the Super Bowl!

Boohoo...Gibbs should go back to Nascar!

*sob*

:rolleyes:

What a bunch of pathetic whiners. Maybe if their team had played a decent game they would have won. To bad they are the 2nd most overrated team in the division. (Behind the Giants.)

Every team has to play through bad calls.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
I must say I live for games like that. Living in the DC area, I was laughing the whole game. Everyone in the Sports Bar that was cheering for the Skins was giving me dirty looks. Me and my Dolphins fan friend were laughing. We were both angry because the cut he end of the giants game to go to the kickoff for the skins. I'm glad they lost if only because of that.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Actually the Commanders are a pretty decent team and need I remind the masses, they beat us in our house and it doesnt really matter how they did it, they did.

If it was us, we'de be crying over that 2 point conversion too.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Funxva said:
I must say I live for games like that. Living in the DC area, I was laughing the whole game. Everyone in the Sports Bar that was cheering for the Skins was giving me dirty looks. Me and my Dolphins fan friend were laughing. We were both angry because the cut he end of the giants game to go to the kickoff for the skins. I'm glad they lost if only because of that.

It was hilarious...

Commanders fans are some of the most pathetic losers on the planet. It is always the fault of the refs is they lose. Always.

They need to get a grib and just admit that they were torched on defense and couldn't stop a 2nd string quarterback.

Funny stuff...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
Actually the Commanders are a pretty decent team and need I remind the masses, they beat us in our house and it doesnt really matter how they did it, they did.

If it was us, we'de be crying over that 2 point conversion too.

No I wouldn't...

The 2 point conversion didn't cost them the game. Their poor play did. Three turnovers and letting Chris Simms throw all over you? Calls like that take place every week. Good teams can overcome them. The game wasn't even over when that happened...they still had a full minute to go down the field. All they needed was a field goal.

And I could care less if they beat us in week 2. We're going to hand them their *** in FedEx.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
Sure you do man. Admiting it is the first step to recovery.

Ok...so I care...

A little...

Doesn't matter, though. We take them at FedEx.

Cowchips

Reaction score
Funxva said:

I was driving through NYC and listening to the post-game press conference by Tom Coughlin..nothing could be sweeter than hearing a coach deny any responsibility and blame it all on the players :) "You'll have to ask the players, I wasn't on the field" What a loser!!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Won't be long before someone pitches a screenplay on this to Oliver Stone.

He can rip it apart like the Zapruder film as much as he wants, but the Warren Commission has already clearly stated that the reason they lost is because their defense sucked.

Wonder how well-received a frame by frame shot of Betts stepping out of bounds mulitple times would be on ES...

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
was driving through NYC and listening to the post-game press conference by Tom Coughlin..nothing could be sweeter than hearing a coach deny any responsibility and blame it all on the players "You'll have to ask the players, I wasn't on the field" What a loser!!

He went nuts man, it was crazy. I was laughing, I thought seriously that he was going to pull out a gun and start mowing people down he was so mad,

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
I was driving through NYC and listening to the post-game press conference by Tom Coughlin..nothing could be sweeter than hearing a coach deny any responsibility and blame it all on the players :) "You'll have to ask the players, I wasn't on the field" What a loser!!

I don'y know, but didn't BP do that last year when Cowboys were continously shooting themselves with untimely penalties?

Coughlin is correct, he can't play for them nor throw for them. Giants O and Special teams were big culprits in that loss. I hate to admit it, but Giants D has played pretty damn good.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I asked my Commander fan co-worker if he saw the game. He said he saw some of it but was interuppted by his crying five-year old.

I said, I heard a crying five year old also. No wait, that was Joe Gibbs press conference!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
lurkercowboy said:
I asked my Commander fan co-worker if he saw the game. He said he saw some of it but was interuppted by his crying five-year old.

I said, I heard a crying five year old also. No wait, that was Joe Gibbs press conference!

If it wasn't true that would be funny. Sad thing is, thats the truth. Man I haven't seen a bigger whiner as a coach then Gibbs I think. To think that I really respected Gibbs before he came back to coaching?

I mean, after every lost game, he seems to talk about the refs or some questionable call. Like they didn't have a questionable call go for them in the game, when Betts ran for that TD? It could have gone either way that one. And its the same thing with 2 point conversion.

But no, to Gibbs, blame the refs for the loss. What a sore loser.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If Phil Hellmuth's personality embodied an NFL team and their fans, it would be the Washington Commanders.

Rich........

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Do you guys think so little about the MNF game against the Eagles that you're so focused on the Commanders loss? This has been a real unusual weekend of events for several teams. Let's take a look ...

Commanders loss (based on a very controversial extra point conversion versus a extra point field goal attempt that would have been a sure Commanders victory)

Giants loss (who knew the Vikings would shut down the G-Men; a surprising 24-21 victory in Giants Stadium. )

Broncos over the Raiders (not anticipated)

Green Bay came out of no where to beat the Atlanta Falcons

...and Buffalo beat the Chiefs.

This is no guaranteed victory! Come to our house this time -- it's shaping up to be a real dogfight!

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Do you guys think so little about the MNF game against the Eagles that you're so focused on the Commanders loss? This has been a real unusual weekend of events for several teams. Let's take a look ...

Commanders loss (based on a very controversial extra point conversion versus a extra point field goal attempt that would have been a sure Commanders victory)

Giants loss (who knew the Vikings would shut down the G-Men; a surprising 24-21 victory in Giants Stadium. )

Broncos over the Raiders (not anticipated)

Green Bay came out of no where to beat the Atlanta Falcons

...and Buffalo beat the Chie
This is no guaranteed victory! Come to our house this time -- it's shaping up to be a real dogfight!

I can't speak for everyone here but it's kinda funny to hear all the coaches boo hooing about refs, bad calls, missed calls, etc. Maybe that has them distracted a little......

Should be a good game tonight..... Good hunting!

Blitz McNabb relentlessly!!!