CFZ The stage is set for the sports drama of 2023

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Of course and what I was saying . We can root for Jethro’s success which translates to Cowboys Football success . But, there is some consolation in watching him flutter if that occurs.
I don't even think about him when we win. When we lose that's another matter.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah we win in spite of him IMO. And if we win a ring it will be in spite of him though I do think he’s taken a step back some but not enough.
You have to give him credit for winning too. He is responsible for the entire organization.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have to give him credit for winning too. He is responsible for the entire organization.
I personally won’t but those that do I get it. But I can’t give him credit for this when he’s the cause of this. Had he had football minds involved in running this team the Campo era never happens. That was some of the saddest football I’ve ever seen and we didn’t even have a 1st overall pick to show for it because of his stubbornness. I give Jerry his due for those 3 rings because he hired Jimmy.

McCARTHY wasn’t a good hire though it’s turned out to be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I try not to spend too much time with doom-n-gloom what if’s. Eats up the in-the-now enjoyment time. Besides, if they moved the team to Fresno and became the “Fresno Rowdies”, with pink and purple helmets, we’d still have to go to work and pay our taxes, and 7 billion Chinese wouldn’t give a crap.
It’s interesting how some who don’t enjoy these type of negative speculative doom and gloom what if type threads all too often gravitate to them if nothing else to tell us how much they don’t like them. Lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m hoping for 20-0 but that’s not what this thread is about. It’s a what if it doesn’t go as we hope.
It is more about what happens if it doesn't go as Booger hopes.

The one wild card in this is if they start out 0-2, how do they look? Then it becomes a matter of confidence in which coach does Booger think can dig out of the hole? Is it the offense or defense that's the problem?

He is not prepared to lose the first two games but if the East teams win their first two, it gets a little more panicky for him.

Again, disclaimer, I am not predicting this happens or want it to happen, just playing a what if because I am really bored. And this type of stuff always interests me more than another QB is great, QB sucks thread.

And Kellen Moore is as much a part of this as McCarthy. Booger liked him, wanted him to stay on and probably saw him as his HC in waiting. Someone(s) got in his ear and convinced him they'd be better off with McCarthy calling the plays and the QB didn't get a vote.

If McCarthy is struggling and Moore is taking off, what do you think the media is going to be doing? The Cowboys will get their required coverage but Booger will not be happy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is more about what happens if it doesn't go as Booger hopes.

The one wild card in this is if they start out 0-2, how do they look? Then it becomes a matter of confidence in which coach does Booger think can dig out of the hole? Is it the offense or defense that's the problem?

He is not prepared to lose the first two games but if the East teams win their first two, it gets a little more panicky for him.

Again, disclaimer, I am not predicting this happens or want it to happen, just playing a what if because I am really bored. And this type of stuff always interests me more than another QB is great, QB sucks thread.

And Kellen Moore is as much a part of this as McCarthy. Booger liked him, wanted him to stay on and probably saw him as his HC in waiting. Someone(s) got in his ear and convinced him they'd be better off with McCarthy calling the plays and the QB didn't get a vote.

If McCarthy is struggling and Moore is taking off, what do you think the media is going to be doing? The Cowboys will get their required coverage but Booger will not be happy.
As much as I’d like to see our success , can’t help but enjoy seeing Jethro squirm if we don’t.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand. Why even be a fan? They sound miserable.
Do I sound miserable? Or am I reacting to one too many damned Prescott threads about the same crap over and over and over and over.

I think its funny posters think I am being negative when all I am doing is playing what if this doesn't go like the positive posters think it's going and this is not the first time I've done it, I like what if's just because it's something different to discuss.

What if's create some creative thinking and I have just so much to say about a WR that wasn't going to make it getting cut for another that's not going to make it.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do I sound miserable? Or am I reacting to one too many damned Prescott threads about the same crap over and over and over and over.

I think its funny posters think I am being negative when all I am doing is playing what if this doesn't go like the positive posters think it's going and this is not the first time I've done it, I like what if's just because it's something different to discuss.

What if's create some creative thinking and I have just so much to say about a WR that wasn't going to make it getting cut for another that's not going to make, it.
They just can’t handle anything critical or negative . And instead of arguing or discussing the subject would rather bash us for presenting the subject matter. It’s the same old crap Coach.

If they truly didn’t care they wouldn’t comment and keep these type of threads on the front page .

Go start a what if we start 10-0 thread . Give us a break. Lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are in a pretty good place right now.
Yes we are and I am not saying we aren't.

Part of the origin of this thread is the owner himself. I have never heard any owner of any sports franchise speak to the important of relevancy, which is all about his personal relevance.

This owner is consumed with the media coverage to the point of making himself the face of the franchise. I think a guy with that oversized ego and need for attention is a prime candidate for a discussion like this.

Last edited: