The Stench of Failure

fivetwos

Reaction score
I can't. My allegiance is permanent. However, I did step back and watch for pure entertainment. It's actually pretty funny watching how the Jones boys flail around trying desperately to act like they have a clue when it's blatantly obvious that they are NFL tardboys.
The “go find another team” thing annoys me to no end.

If it were that simple I wouldn’t be around to hear it.

I was a Cowboys fan long before Jerry and his circus act showed up. Why do I have to leave? I’m not, but I AM going to start laughing at him and continue to vent within this space and not be told it’s wrong to express my opinion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I was in shock that anyone was defending the TE pick. Even the deepest homer could see w/ the slightest bit of evaluation that the pick made absolutely zero sense.
They went into that draft wanting a TE early that could both block and catch. They passed on LaPorta for Mazi, then there was a run, so they panicked.

Same deal when they didn’t get Horn or Surtain in the Parsons draft.

Last years draft was a complete botch job, and if they don’t make up for that in free agency in about a month, not two months, it will absolutely catch up to them on the field sooner than later.

kskboys

Reaction score
The “go find another team” thing annoys me to no end.

If it were that simple I wouldn’t be around to hear it.

I was a Cowboys fan long before Jerry and his circus act showed up. Why do I have to leave? I’m not, but I AM going to start laughing at him and continue to vent within this space and not be told it’s wrong to express my opinion.
That's just crapp spewed by annoying posters if you don't shout out roses and peaches and cream at all times.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They went into that draft wanting a TE early that could both block and catch. They passed on LaPorta for Mazi, then there was a run, so they panicked.

Same deal when they didn’t get Horn or Surtain in the Parsons draft.

Last years draft was a complete botch job, and if they don’t make up for that in free agency in about a month, not two months, it will absolutely catch up to them on the field sooner than later.
Bills Traded up in the 1st round and took their TE Kincaid and as you state they panicked and the rest of our draft was dog poo.
Why does Will McClay still have a job after the Taco and Mazi debacles????

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The Stench of Failure, that's no stench, that's cowboy aroma. I think Gene might bottle it up and try to sell it. I know she would spray Jerry down with it, so nobody would make fun of him again.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Points well taken......I've added the Scouting Department to the Fall Guy list. Can't understand why the team doesn't check the smaller schools or HBCUs for some talent too. Larry Allen, Too Tall Jones, Big E or Nate Newton wouldn't be on this team or perhaps get a look by today's franchise & scouting department. A Kenneth Gant definitely doesn't gets a chance as a role player. We keep running to Michigan now, and previously Boise State for players.....and just have DLaw out of it that hasn't been deemed a project player or marginal. Just sayin'. Help me out if I've missed something.
You're on point. I was thinking the same thing regarding the Scouting Department. What is the criteria for drafting a player? Because Jerry says so?

kwcool619

Reaction score
What's worse are the whiners who are convinced he is a crap hire before he even walks through the door, This team needs someone to kick the entitlement out of them. Isn't that obvious? I don't want to ever hear Hot Boyz again until it's earned. We need an old school hard *** and that its what Zimmer is and he is a good D coach as well. He was not a failed coordinator here at all. He was on the staff for the last SB. Was DC for a team that gave up the least points in the NFL in 2003 with not great talent other than at safety and he survived multiple coaching changes through the lean years for a reason. He even switched his entire philosophy from a 3-4 to a 4-3 when Parcells came and even Parcells kept him as DC and still speaks about him glowingly. He is a guy who puts in the time and is all in and demands the same of his players. The coddling will be over and that in and of itself is a positive change. If these players can take a kick in the *** and not whine about it it's going to be a positive change and I'm damn sure he isn't going to roll out 2 LBers in our base defense and especially not when one of them is a safety and the other as flawed as Clark is. Nor is he going to play 3 safeties when 2 of them are poor in coverage in the nickel. I'm hoping this change and giving this team a good early down run stopping MLB and maybe a DT and another LBer and there will be improvement against the run and improvement overall when it matters
Hot Boyz? More like Not Boyz.

btgboys41

Reaction score
The title of the OP is perfect. Not another word needed to be said but I’m good with the rant. The team is in a bad spot right now with a neutered coach, an Al Davis reincarnate, and many of the lead players prioritizing their brand even during the season.

More power to them but there should be no question why they suck against good teams.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

Status quo maintained? Check

Losing decent coaches? Check

Going “all in” by rehiring a DC that flamed out here already? Check

Players and their families saying stupid crap online? Check

Same players still feeling entitled to extensions and massive contracts? Check

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero confidence in the leadership of the FO.

I have zero confidence and trust in the heart and will of these players.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

I have zero hope that any of these things change anytime soon.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
CHECK-CHECK!!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO— after being absolutely dismantled and embarrassed and registering the worst playoff defeat in franchise history— this team has not made one positive decision.

Not one.

This team is CLOAKED in failure from top to bottom. Their “solution” to their failure is to “run it back” because we are “hanging around the rim”.

Pathetic. I have loved and supported this team since the early 80’s— and I have NEVER been as close as I am to just walking away in disgust.

I have zero faith in the abilities of the coaching staff to prepare and equip the roster for success.

Sorry for the rant. Just pissed as we prepare to watch another SB featuring decent teams that are simply on another level compared to ours.

This offseason has already been brutal and I don’t see any light at the end of this long, dark, crap-infested tunnel.

Rant over
IMG-0424.gif

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
"Worst playoff loss in team history" ????

Either we have a lot of very young fans or a lot of fans with selective memory.

This loss was horrible but I recall much more galling losses in my lifetime. The '94 NFC Title Game was a gut punch. The '98 wild card no-show against a Cardinals team Dallas had owned really stung. Then you have the Romo fumbled snap against Seattle in '06, the Romo endzone pick in '07 vs. the Giants, getting destroyed 34-3 against the Vikings in '09, and, yes, the Dez caught it game in '14.

If you want a total team no-show than this one ranks alongside the Vikings loss in '09 but it was not the worst one I ever experienced. Just my opinion.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It certainly seems as if reality has set in on the Jones' and they have accepted becoming a second tier franchise.
I think they know that nothing they can do will change the outcome at this point; the fans are fed up, and it's not getting better anytime soon.
They are concerned with their profit/loss statements, and football takes second place.
I just don't understand Jerry's insistence on sticking with a losing setup. He doesn't have to, but seems intent on not changing anything that would correct the issue(s) that keep holding the franchise back. He's had plenty of time to correct the problems, but seems intent on not letting go of his way of doing things despite knowing the end result.
As long as he can sell it, that seems to be his only concern.
Jerry is stubborn.
He is at the age where he won't admit failure.
So he just doubles down.
He hopes enough fans drink the kool-aid.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
"Worst playoff loss in team history" ????

Either we have a lot of very young fans or a lot of fans with selective memory.

This loss was horrible but I recall much more galling losses in my lifetime. The '94 NFC Title Game was a gut punch. The '98 wild card no-show against a Cardinals team Dallas had owned really stung. Then you have the Romo fumbled snap against Seattle in '06, the Romo endzone pick in '07 vs. the Giants, getting destroyed 34-3 against the Vikings in '09, and, yes, the Dez caught it game in '14.

If you want a total team no-show than this one ranks alongside the Vikings loss in '09 but it was not the worst one I ever experienced. Just my opinion.
No 2 seed has ever lost to a 7 seed. Granted, the 7 seed is relatively new, but being down 27-0 before garbage time stat padding is an absolute new low.

They couldn’t even advance to the divisional round! Some of those other losses you referenced involved losing to better teams, or losing on the road, or losing but at least being somewhat competitive.

This game was a crapfest from start to finish. We had no answers for a less talented team. The coaches laid an egg, the players laid an egg, and the embarrassment on top of loads of futility the previous two embarrassing playoff exits results in this being the worst loss in playoff history.

It’s not just that we gave up the most points in a playoff game in franchise history. We did so at home. Against what was widely considered an inferior opponent.

Worst playoff showing in franchise history.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not one.

Rant over
X7SVMAJ.png

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I've been a 100% hard core Cowboy fan since 1970 - I was 6. If we extend Dak I will absolutely buy a CJ Stroud jersey and become a 50/50 Cowboys/Texans fan. I hate Jerry and what he has done to our franchise.
I'm at that point myself. Been a fan since 67 or so and I'm at that point to where theres no hope for the future. The way it is nowdays and these owners, it's probably best to just let it go. What's the point if They don't care about winning.

1942willys

Reaction score
Like I said this is top of mind,

it just happened but there's been some blowouts and some shockers in the Playoffs before... I mean I can't remember them all either, but I know one of them was the Vikings and the other one was the Eagles and that's just going back to the Tony Romo days I'm sure there were more... That's the thing with memories and games we witnessed and what era and age we are we're not going to remember all of them it's what have you done for me lately syndrome and yes this was embarrassing no doubt no argument no debate but there are others trust me...

https://champsorchumps.us/team/nfl/dallas-cowboys/biggest-losses

Favre throws 4 TDs as Vikings trample CowboysBrett Favre threw four touchdown passes, and the Vikings' defense put the clamps on the Dallas Cowboys in a 34-3 victory Sunday that sent Minnesota to the NFC title game. 2009 season 2010 playoffs

And that Tony Romo game losing to the Eagles the final game of the year I believe or it was close it was supposed to be winner get in 44 to 6??

The one I remember personally was being at a AT&T game with Tony Romo up 24 points on the Detroit Lions at home in the fourth quarter and we lose that game on a last minute field goal... Yeah it was just a regular season game but I could tell you this it hurt pretty bad how could you lose a game up 24 I don't know having Jason Garrett throw passes the entire second-half being up by that many points and ended up with two tipped interceptions and blah blah blah we lost....
Never use ten words when a thousand is what you want, right?

1942willys

Reaction score
Yea but the Bar has been lowered this era under Jethro Ball.

We aren’t the championship caliber franchise we used to be. Only in name.
relevancy thy name is the Dallas Cowboys

I remember all those years when Atlanta Braves won division title after division title and never could win the SB
Supposedly Turner was satisfied since they were always RELEVANT.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
relevancy thy name is the Dallas Cowboys

I remember all those years when Atlanta Braves won division title after division title and never could win the SB
Supposedly Turner was satisfied since they were always RELEVANT.
30 years probably hasn’t been long enough for Cowboys brand to lose its relevance . I’ve said it could take 50 years.

But the bigger point I’m making is Jethro has lowered the bar with his personal agendas which isn’t prioritizing winning championships with his meddling ways.