***The Super Duper Swag Johnny Football teen beat thread***

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If we had Manziel, he and Dez would form an instant bromance. It'd be a race to see which guy loses his voice the fastest every game.

I wouldn't have a problem with drafting him. Swing big and you could miss big, but what if you actually hit it?

Zordon

Reaction score
we need an alpha male back at the qb position. romo is damaged goods, always sulking on the sidelines.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
You thought the Romo going to Cabo was a big idea? You have no idea what kind of circus this place will be with Manziel here....

That is opening pandora's box. Awful idea. He is a midget version of Jay Cutler. He has good scramble ability, but alot of his TD throws go into double coverage into which the WR makes a play.

I don't believe his play will translate well into the NFL. I really don't.

KB1122

Reaction score
I would be pleased with this selection. However, there is almost no way that Manziel gets to 16. I'm guessing that four quarterbacks go in the top 8 picks. The Cowboys will have to trade up, possibly up to pick 2, to get him.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Count me in for Johnny Football, but we'll probably have to climb up to get him and it will be expensive. Tony's back makes it imperative we find another QB, and here we have a one time opportunity to get a guy who can lead us back to the promised land. He plays his best against the best competition - the Alabamas and Auburns, not just the weaker programs. Plus, he's used to playing with no D, so he'll fit in here perfectly. :(

I have a feeling it doesn't matter what we think anyway. Jerruh has to want Johnny - no one coming out this year puts on a bigger show, and Jerruh is all about the big show.

If Romo turns out to be OK, then Johnny can just start pushing him. We can't lose on that one.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
If you would do that then just Trade Romo and the 1st Round Choice for the 4th Overall.

If that would relieve os Romo's cap hit, then heck yeah. Unfortunately there isnt a team out there willing to pay Broke Back Romo what we did. So we are stuck in Cap Hell.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
The only guy I'm trading up for is Clowney. Put him at right end, move Ware to the left side and suddenly some people will realize how good Romo is when Dallas can actually pressure the QB on every passing down.

Of course, Dallas needs more than just Clowney to fix this D.

Your argument suggests that Romo has never had a D. Then there are those who may suggest that Romo lacks anything to help him win, To that I say Romo has never helped his cause. He fumbled a supposed slick ball, and since then has found creative ways to lose games against top tier teams. Yes the defense was terrible this year but lets not pretend that this has been the norm in Dallas since Romo got here. I must ask you to name three good teams with a winning record that Romo has gone on to defeat.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Manziel drops to us, I'd consider it, but trading up to get him? Nah. We have a lot of holes to fill and we'be been shown that you can find quality quarterbacks in later rounds, aka Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick.

brickman

Reaction score
No, no, no. Arm isn't strong enough for the NFL and the NFL defenders are bigger, faster & stronger. He won't be able to do in the pros what he did in college.

dupree89

Reaction score
If Manziel drops to us, I'd consider it, but trading up to get him? Nah. We have a lot of holes to fill and we'be been shown that you can find quality quarterbacks in later rounds, aka Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick.

I agree. But do we have the right people in place to:

A) Pick the right guy
B) Develop the kid into a starting NFL QB.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Yes take him if he is there.
They will know alot more about Romo's back by then.
He will fit in great here, his defense was horrible too.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I doubt they will even try to get a QB till the late rounds & certainly not Manziel.

They've put all their eggs in the Romo basket for the next few years.

I keep reading Oakland will draft Manziel at their pick. They draft wacky though so who knows?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt they will even try to get a QB till the late rounds & certainly not Manziel.

They've put all their eggs in the Romo basket for the next few years.

I keep reading Oakland will draft Manziel at their pick. They draft wacky though so who knows?

You'd think that, but remember, Jerry is PT Barnum

pgreptom

Reaction score
He's not the RKOG per Garrett... but if you know Jones, you know he has flirted with the thought of this in his mind. Personally I'd pull the trigger @16.. but no way am I trading up again. Didn't work out well last time.