Video: The truth about the Cowboys' Dak situation

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak doesn't have a great ending to this season I'll go out on the limb here and state that Jerry will wait and see how Dak goes come next season and risk it.....I mean really now what are the odds come next season Dak will have corrected all his massive flaws.....0

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak will definitely improve. At the start of the season, we had the worst lineup of receivers and TEs. Backup playing center and a rookie playing left guard. Yet everyone wants to blame Dak.

Once we got Cooper Dak suddenly started to improve. Wait till he gets a pass catching TE, Austin back and everyone on the Oline blocking effectively. Throw in a new playbook and new OC, Dak will be slinging it like its 2016.

Wow, new OC? That would be a dream come true. Elevate Richards to DC and get a new OC in here.

kskboys

Reaction score
What's another 23 years of non Superbowl Glory now really....:(...and on top of that we have to Watch the Worst and most ANEMIC QB @ passing Offense we ever had......dang....Go Mets baby....lol...
It was much worse under Quincy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Wow, new OC? That would be a dream come true. Elevate Richards to DC and get a new OC in here.
Looks to me as if Richards and Marinate are working well together. I think Richards fills the gaps where Marinate is lacking. And is better at personnel.

Don't underrate Marinate's ability as a player whisperer.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd prefer to sign Dak to a Blake Bortles (3 years, $54 million) contract but Jerry will probably give him a Matthew Stafford (5 years, $135 million) one.
I could live w/ that contract.

Doomsay

Reaction score
lol at all the new contract proponents, this guy needs to justify his roster spot.Hopefully he does it in the 2nd half.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
I'm happy to see that some of the talking heads see the same thing in #4 that I do and actually say it. He is at best and average QB who is inconsistent and can't make down the field throws.

robbieruff

Reaction score
You don't overpay because others do. Only give a big contract to someone who is very good.
So please enlighten me...given the context of the original discussion (Dak likely extension or not), what is your prediction on what Jerry will likely do? My post was about what I thought JERRY might do (NOT what I WOULD WANT TO DO)...which is the original basis of the ENTIRE THREAD. So, let's not make this a conversation about what YOU THINK should be done, but what do you think Jerry will do? Many in this thread think he's going to be pulled into paying Dak elite money (per the original posted video) or more than $100M. I responded that I thought, AT WORST, Jerry does something in line with Bortles' contract, given Dak would still have one more year left on the rookie deal and thus getting extended early. You've now attempted to make our back and forth about whether Dak SHOULD BE paid at a Bortles level, which IS NOT what I am arguing nor never would...as stated, I am talking about what I believe JERRY will do. If you have a statement to make on that score, then I am all ears...otherwise, I am not interested in scope drifting this conversation into a NEW context. Let me know...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So please enlighten me...given the context of the original discussion (Dak likely extension or not), what is your prediction on what Jerry will likely do? My post was about what I thought JERRY might do (NOT what I WOULD WANT TO DO)...which is the original basis of the ENTIRE THREAD. So, let's not make this a conversation about what YOU THINK should be done, but what do you think Jerry will do? Many in this thread think he's going to be pulled into paying Dak elite money (per the original posted video) or more than $100M. I responded that I thought, AT WORST, Jerry does something in line with Bortles' contract, given Dak would still have one more year left on the rookie deal and thus getting extended early. You've now attempted to make our back and forth about whether Dak SHOULD BE paid at a Bortles level, which IS NOT what I am arguing nor never would...as stated, I am talking about what I believe JERRY will do. If you have a statement to make on that score, then I am all ears...otherwise, I am not interested in scope drifting this conversation into a NEW context. Let me know...

Jerry will likely make a big mistake and give a big extension.

Garrettop

Reaction score
The first pick could have had a little more air on it but not a bad throw per se, but that 2nd pick was a brutally bad throw.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Seems like every time Dak drops back, were all on pins and needles, Not a good thing..

kumizi

Reaction score
Dak riding the coat tails of Zeke and the defense. Attributing a win loss record to a QB is even stupider than attributing it to a starting pitcher.