The Ultimate Trade

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh yes you are, you keep trying to leave and the hook keeps pulling you back in. You came into the site today thinking 'lemme see here, what shall I have? Something provocative? Deep and thoughtful? Maybe saucy and argumentative? Oh wait, what's this now? Ridiculous? Oh how delicious and quite possibly the most ridiculous thing these eyes have seen. I'll do a commando here, dispatch with this fool and move on to a Dak is great or it's Dak I hate thread'.

KJJ, I have enjoyed posting and jousting with you and you will be looking forward to my next ridiculous thread. I just never run out of them.

It’s the offseason that’s what gets these threads started. There’s very little deep and thoughtful threads on this board. You said you started more ridiculous threads than this. Can you provide a link to one that trumps this one?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s the offseason that’s what gets these threads started. There’s very little deep and thoughtful threads on this board. You said you started more ridiculous threads than this. Can you provide a link to one that trumps this one?
I already gave you an example several pages ago.

I do not actually intend to start ridiculous threads, I just start them, posters see it's me and assume it's ridiculous. I blame it on their low expectations........... combined with my history.

Lighten up, Francis, and don't take any of this so seriously. This is supposed to be fun, especially in the off season and the off season is the best season cuz we ain't playing. The gnashing of teeth, wailing and donning sackcloth is 8 months away. I don my sackcloth in August because Don likes it and the designer stuff goes early in my size.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I already gave you an example several pages ago.

I do not actually intend to start ridiculous threads, I just start them, posters see it's me and assume it's ridiculous. I blame it on their low expectations........... combined with my history.

Lighten up, Francis, and don't take any of this so seriously. This is supposed to be fun, especially in the off season and the off season is the best season cuz we ain't playing. The gnashing of teeth, wailing and donning sackcloth is 8 months away. I don my sackcloth in August because Don likes it and the designer stuff goes early in my size.

I’ve been posting too long to take any of this stuff seriously. I’ve seen it all but this topic takes the cake. The fact that you don’t intend to start ridiculous threads says a lot about you. I thought this was just some shtick but apparently not. Lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’ve been posting too long to take any of this stuff seriously. I’ve seen it all but this topic takes the cake. The fact that you don’t intend to start ridiculous threads says a lot about you. I thought this was just some shtick but apparently not. Lol
And yet you can't help but to keep posting copious complaints of this being ridiculous. Priceless.

cern

Reaction score
there are no correct answers to rhetorical questions. this article is about a rhetorical question.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Good question.

No...I wouldn't. The 90's Super Bowls came after a 15 year drought of winning one. The Danny White era NFC Championship losses in between did nothing to quench that thirst for me.

As a matter of fact, two of those NFC Championship losses were against division rivals (Philly and Washington), which made them even more excruciating.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And yet you can't help but to keep posting copious complaints of this being ridiculous. Priceless.

I wouldn’t keep posting if I wasn’t receiving replies.You couldn’t help but reply and complain. Open your eyes I’m not initiating these discussions, I gave an opinion and got bombarded by replies. Anytime you disagree with some idiocy on this board the loony toon brigade shows up. Go check the number of replies I’ve received. The OP asked the most ridiculous question I’ve ever seen posted on this board. He asked if anyone would give up the Cowboys three championships during the 90s just to have a different owner and a few idiots were on board with it. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
there are no correct answers to rhetorical questions. this article is about a rhetorical question.

This was no article a question was asked. Try coming up for air.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You trade away our three championships from the 90s for another owner and they end up being just like Jerry. :laugh:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would not trade it at all, not even close.

What fans fail to realize, is a lot of organizations are run correctly. The Eagles, the Vikings, the Lions, the Falcons, the Panthers, the Cardinals (recently at least), the Bills, the Jaguars, the Texans the Titans and the Chargers, are all run correctly. But what do they all have in common?

Winning Super Bowls, isn't easy...
Being run correctly means winning a Super Bowl at least every 32 years( 32 teams in NFL). Non of these teams are run correctly/Successfully.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's not as much about the rings as being a true contender for them. 4 NFC Champs games in a row and not a divisional win since, doesn't seem like a fair trade to me.
Unfair is being a Browns fan. Try to imagine that nightmare year after year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's not as much about the rings as being a true contender for them.

You posted earlier that you don’t care about rings. Would you rather have three Super Bowl wins in four years, followed by a ten year period where you don’t contend at all. Or would you rather contend for SB’s for ten straight years but not win any?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Being run correctly means winning a Super Bowl at least every 32 years( 32 teams in NFL). Non of these teams are run correctly/Successfully.

And that's what the problem with fans expectations are. Coaches, gm and players don't control results. They have a lot of influence over results, but cannot control it. All they can control is the process, otherwise everyone would be New England.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t keep posting if I wasn’t receiving replies.You couldn’t help but reply and complain. Open your eyes I’m not initiating these discussions, I gave an opinion and got bombarded by replies. Anytime you disagree with some idiocy on this board the loony toon brigade shows up. Go check the number of replies I’ve received. The OP asked the most ridiculous question I’ve ever seen posted on this board. He asked if anyone would give up the Cowboys three championships during the 90s just to have a different owner and a few idiots were on board with it. :laugh:
The bigger point in this rhetorical question is being so disgusted and frustrated that you’d even conjur up such a thought that normally we’d never even think of.

Here’s one that’s much easier. Has the Jerry era been greater to fans than the Landry era?

Some fans on the surface would say 3 Rings to 2.But that doesn’t tell the whole story. For those that it does I wouldn’t be interested in their opinion. I can only assume they didn’t live thru the Landry era which isn’t their fault .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your saying that just for attention. Those 3 Superbowls in 4 years were pretty special.
Yes they were. And I don’t think anyone including Coach or myself which we’ve discussed this issue before , actually want to give those Rings up. This was just a test or feeler to measure the frustration level of fans.

But it’s an example how disgusted we are with Jerry after all of these years.

It’s like a marriage you’d almost give the kids back to annul the marriage . That’s how bad this marriage has gone with Jerry.

The Honeymoon was fabulous but since has been a nightmare . And it makes you think of devious situations like this out of frustration.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The bigger point in this rhetorical question is being so disgusted and frustrated that you’d even conjur up such a thought that normally we’d never even think of.

Here’s one that’s much easier. Has the Jerry era been greater to fans than the Landry era?

Some fans on the surface would say 3 Rings to 2.But that doesn’t tell the whole story. For those that it does I wouldn’t be interested in their opinion. I can only assume they didn’t live thru the Landry era which isn’t their fault .
That is a great ? What was the greater era to you. The Jerry era or the Landry era? That is a tough one for me. I loved consistently making the playoffs and winning playoff games in the Landry era, but those playoff and Super Bowl losses were heart breaking, especially as the younger brother to a Pittsburgh fan with a terrible towel. At least in the Landry era, every year, there was a real chance for a ring, not so much in the Jerry era. There is a sense of hopelessness right now, with Jerry refusing to fire Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is a great ? What was the greater era to you. The Jerry era or the Landry era? That is a tough one for me. I loved consistently making the playoffs and winning playoff games in the Landry era, but those playoff and Super Bowl losses were heart breaking, especially as the younger brother to a Pittsburgh fan with a terrible towel. At least in the Landry era, every year, there was a real chance for a ring, not so much in the Jerry era. There is a sense of hopelessness right now, with Jerry refusing to fire Garrett.
To me and most Ive know in my life it’s an easy question.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Fans get bored and frustrated which leads to rhetorical threads every offseason. As for what era was greater to fans the Landry era or the Jerry era, it comes down to opinion. In my opinion the Jerry era has been greater to fans. The Jerry era has a 3-2 edge in SB wins and won back to back SB’s which very few teams have done. The 92 team was the greatest Cowboys team ever assembled. NFL Network ranked the 92 team in the top 10 greatest teams ever. The Jerry era saw a Cowboys team dominate the 90s and had two teams win 13 games which is the franchise record. The Jerry era had the NFL’s all-time leading rusher. The best teams the Cowboys had during the Landry era were in the 70s, a decade that was dominated by the Steelers.

The Cowboys have become the most valuable franchise in the entire NFL under Jerry and play in arguably the most spectacular stadium in the league that keeps fans coming despite the lack of success the team has had the past two decades. The Cowboys also have the most spectacular training facility of any team in the NFL. The Cowboys were losing $1 million a month when Jerry bought the team. The last 5 years of the Landry era was a train wreck. The Landry era didn’t have to deal with free agency or a salary cap which helped keep their great teams together. We won three championships during the Jerry era and had a team dominate a decade, none of which were accomplished during the Landry era.

Comparing the Landry era with the Jerry era isn’t a real fair comparison because things are so different now with free agency and the salary cap. The Cowboys wouldn’t have had the consistency they did during the 70s with free agency and a salary cap. Tex Schramm was a tightwad who didn’t pay his players. Go do some reading up on that and listen to the players who had to deal with him.