The Ultimate Trade

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you're being expertly toyed with. you just haven't caught on yet. as an avid fly fisherman, I often make this analogy. a trout is believed to have an i.q. of 6. but even a trout has the intelligence to refuse the bait.

I can tell by that response I got under your skin. If you don’t think I know what’s going on you need follow along. Backing the OP isn’t going to help you gain any credibility. You’ve only been here since January, probably not the first account you’ve had here. :cool:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The best and most logical way to overcome Jerry is don’t buy tickets to the games. If all fans would band together and do that it would bring change.
I know but until that happens. And I’m one who gave up my season tickets after over 3 decades.

But my reference was in overcoming how he is running football operations as GM.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I loved those 90’s championships and would not trade them. I was in high school and enjoyed every bit of it.

We’re getting close to finishing, whether we wanna admit it or not. Guess I still have some belief with the young roster we have. I’m frustrated as the next, but I still feel we’re close.

I will continue to ride with the Cowboys. I will continue to vent when needed.
Those were the best, and Jimmy knew how to build a team to win Championships.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know but until that happens. And I’m one who gave up my season tickets after over 3 decades.

But my reference was in overcoming how he is running football operations as GM.

Hiring a GM doesn’t guarantee squat. Would like to have someone other than Jerry but it doesn’t guarantee anything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hiring a GM doesn’t guarantee squat. Would like to have someone other than Jerry but it doesn’t guarantee anything.
It would guarantee more accountability that if the new GM didn’t succeed we could keep trying like other teams not to mention bringing in a more qualified and experienced HC who didn’t need to be a puppet.

Jerry is a double whammy in the front office and coaching staff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
you're being expertly toyed with. you just haven't caught on yet. as an avid fly fisherman, I often make this analogy. a trout is believed to have an i.q. of 6. but even a trout has the intelligence to refuse the bait.
Deja Vu

dallasdave

Reaction score
Point is, nobody is giving you a response that coincides your beliefs. All good though. Feel your pain. It’s okay to vent, because that’s all we have as fans. Change starts at the top. “They” ain’t ready from what we read and see. Journey on brother!
Send Jerry to manage some club with wild dancers :laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
With reference to Jerry...vanity is a very slow and inconsistent task master.

yimyammer

Reaction score
No, this is not for a player but for a frustrating period of time. The posters not around through 95 will have a hard time deciding on this but those of you that lived through that, would you give those 4 years up to have an owner other than the one now?

Those years were great, the best 4 years in Cowboys history but what has followed, the 20 years of mediocrity, the spotlight seeking and general incompetence shown by management, does that equal out?

So would you give up those 4 years, 3 rings and the epitome of excellence to have a more traditional owner that hires a GM and doesn't run this as a family business and might, just might, have achieved more success during this 20 year period of mediocrity?

I would give it up in a hummingbird's heartbeat because maybe, just maybe, this team would have to win to be successful and not be guaranteed profits from the past and not be run as a rich man's toy.

If Staubach*** could have put a group together to buy the team before Jethro did, I would do it in a heart beat, take my chances and feel pretty confident with Staubach in a major role, there's no way we would have seen some of the nonsense we've experienced under jeri plus there's a great chance Jimmy still coaches here and they still draft Aikman (Tex Schramm wanted to hire Jimmy but couldn't bring himself to fire his friend--Admittedly, Staubach may have struggled there as well) .

jeri deserves a lot of credit for making the Herschel Walker trade happen by writing a million plus dollar check to get Walker to agree so who knows if Schramm would have had the stones to make that deal, he was notoriously cheap, so I'd lean toward him killing that but hopefully Staubach and Co would have realized Schramms time was up as well. Regardless, I would think the last 30 years of Cowboy football would be much more enjoyable and possibly even more successful but at the very least I wouldn't have to see jeri's dumb face or hear the nonsense that is still emanating from his stammering gob hole.

I might even gamble on any random owner over having to endure jeri's reign but its a no brainer for me with Staubach. You can see Staubach is still competitive as hell to this day and he would treat losing like most fans do and there's no way in hell he would ever be proud of the iggles making it to the Super Bowl.

*** Source: page 94-95 from King of the Cowboys: The Life & Times of Jerry Jones

KBbxG6p.png

Maybe Staubach would have enlisted Drew Pearson to get the team fired up:

yimyammer

Reaction score
The irony is Jerry does know HOW to build a SB winner. His 3 SBs of the 90s had this formula: a strong HC coupled with Jerry’s risk taking made a great balance. Today, sadly, Jerry chooses to use only 50% of that winning formula.

plus the salary cap and free agency killed what jeri brought to the table, he cant outspend other teams and that crucifies his gambles because their too costly and can cripple a teams cap for years, especially if jeri gambled as much as he'd wired to do.

I wish the league would institute a competition among ownership whereby the most profitable teams could earn extra cap space. Example: lets say 10% of the revenue difference between each spot, so if the #1 earning team made $300 million and the 2nd place team earned $250 million, then the #1 team will get $5 million in extra cap space for their team. If this was an option, we'd all be rooting for, appreciating & benefitting from Jeris ability to make money.

cern

Reaction score
I can tell by that response I got under your skin. If you don’t think I know what’s going on you need follow along. Backing the OP isn’t going to help you gain any credibility. You’ve only been here since January, probably not the first account you’ve had here. :cool:
why would I be bothered? i'm rather enjoying the repartee between you and the op. and fyi, you're not winning the battle of wits.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
why would I be bothered? i'm rather enjoying the repartee between you and the op. and fyi, you're not winning the battle of wits.

Anyone who would start a thread as ridiculous as this isn’t winning any battles against anyone. You’re of the same mindset as him....congrats! Try behaving yourself so you don’t get this account terminated. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would guarantee more accountability that if the new GM didn’t succeed we could keep trying like other teams not to mention bringing in a more qualified and experienced HC who didn’t need to be a puppet.

If you think that’s good enough to trade away our three 90s championships for then you’re as out of touch with reality as the guy who started this thread. Maybe even more so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and fyi, you're not winning the battle of wits.

And FYI only someone living in the twilight zone would think i’m losing a battle to someone who would trade away our three 90s championships just to get rid of Jerry. Anyone but Jerry for our three Lombardi’s in the 90s. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m a rational, levelheaded realist which is why I have a problem with such a ridiculous proposition. You only dreamed it up to get a reaction and because you know it can’t happen. You may not care about the rings but any fan who lives in the real world does. Those rings are a cherished, precious commodity that you don’t strike from your franchises record just to have a traditional owner and GM. SB wins are what you dream for as a fan.

The Cowboys had a traditional owner and GM and only won two championships in 28 years. If Jerry was traditional the Cowboys probably wouldn’t have those three championships in the 90s. It was his untraditional working relationship with Jimmy that made it happen. You never answered my question were you following the Cowboys during theIr championship years in the 90s?
My question is were you following the Cowboys in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s? Probably not since you didn’t even know the Landry era was 29 years not 28. And of course using the comparison of 3 Rings to 2 Rings without mentioning 5 Super Bowls, 12 championship appearances and 20 consecutive seasons which made that era not only more glorious but more respectable.

But no use wasting any more time with you because you’ll never understand why we’d be willing to give that up for the possibility to return the prideful and respectful franchise we once had. If this is the most ridiculous thread then why come in? Why dignify it with your presence ?

Your content with selling our souls for those 3 Rings. But for many of us the 90’s don’t define the Dallas Cowboys and America’s Team which was established well before we ever heard of Jethro.

We enjoyed and loved that 90’s team but we also know that’s enabled Jerry to run ruffshot over us ever since. So screw him and the horse he rode in on. I’d rather of taken our chances without him. Tex had already mentioned bringing in someone like Jimmy if he could put Tom out to pasture. Troy was going to still be our pick. Who’s to say we couldn’t have had as much success or more with another owner this entire era?

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My question is were you following the Cowboys in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s? Probably not since you didn’t even know the Landry era was 29 years not 28. And of course using the comparison of 3 Rings to 2 Rings without mentioning 5 Super Bowls, 12 championship appearances and 20 consecutive seasons which made that era not only more glorious but more respectable.

But no use wasting any more time with you because you’ll never understand why we’d be willing to give that up for the possibility to return the prideful and respectful franchise we once had. If this is the most ridiculous thread then why come in? Why dignify it with your presence ?

Your content with selling our souls for those 3 Rings. But for many of us the 90’s don’t define the Dallas Cowboys and America’s Team which was established well before we ever heard of Jethro.

We enjoyed and loved that 90’s team but we also know that’s enabled Jerry to run ruffshot over us ever since. So screw him and the horse he rode in on. I’d rather of taken our chances without him. Tex had already mentioned bringing in someone like Jimmy if he could put Tom out to pasture. Troy was going to still be our pick. Who’s to say we couldn’t have had as much success or more with another owner this entire era?

I’ve been following the team since the 1972 season. The only guarantee you need to trade our three 90s championships away is more accountability. Please PM me I have a few trades I would like to make with you. Lol I The Cowboys wouldn’t have the great history they have with some of you running the team. I entered this thread because it’s all in fun and I like poking fun but I’m not about to waste anymore time arguing something as ridiculous as this.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been following the team since the 1972 season. The only guarantee you need to trade our three 90s championships away is more accountability. Please PM me I have a few trades I would like to make with you. Lol I The Cowboys wouldn’t have the great history they have with some of you running the team. I entered this thread because it’s all in fun and I like poking fun but I’m not about to waste anymore time arguing something as ridiculous as this.
Ohhhhhhh yes you are, you keep trying to leave and the hook keeps pulling you back in. You came into the site today thinking 'lemme see here, what shall I have? Something provocative? Deep and thoughtful? Maybe saucy and argumentative? Oh wait, what's this now? Ridiculous? Oh how delicious and quite possibly the most ridiculous thing these eyes have seen. I'll do a commando here, dispatch with this fool and move on to a Dak is great or it's Dak I hate thread'.

KJJ, I have enjoyed posting and jousting with you and you will be looking forward to my next ridiculous thread. I just never run out of them.