The usual Mid Season fools Gold Cowboys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sad to say I'm one of them then.

His point about bringing in positional players mid season who can make at least one play in a game to put the team over the top is spot on IMO.

Idea of course is to win the big game at the end of the year, but to have the chance to win it, you have to be in it.
How can you be a quitter when the team is 5-2 and right in the thick of things? And don’t give me this, “the team can’t win in the playoffs” BS. Every year the team is different. Players and coaches. Living your life saying, “well, they didn’t do it last year so they’re not going to do it this year” Is a sad way to live IMO.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How can you be a quitter when the team is 5-2 and right in the thick of things? And don’t give me this, “the team can’t win in the playoffs” BS. Every year the team is different. Players and coaches. Living your life saying, “well, they didn’t do it last year so they’re not going to do it this year” Is a sad way to live IMO.
I agree with everything you are saying.

Its not just last year though. Its the past 28.

Its ok to have healthy skepticism regarding this team.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s still the same as it’s been … they beat up on teams under 500 … struggle against teams over 500. When they win there is not a better team. When they lose they are the worst. Way too much overreaction, enjoy the wins and hope they can get better to beat the better teams.
So who have the Eagles and niners beat? Have they only played teams with winning records? We play the same schedule as the Eagles do. You can only play the teams on your schedule.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't know how anyone can expect a win against Philly on the road, on grass to a good team. Already lost twice in the same situation, basically. It's just reality. It should be more of a surprise if they come out with a win.
Hopefully they just forfeit the game, since they have no chance to win!

phildadon86

Reaction score
So who have the Eagles and niners beat? Have they only played teams with winning records? We play the same schedule as the Eagles do. You can only play the teams on your schedule.
You forget. This board and the media when Philly and San Fran beat the Rams...."Rams are a good team.""good win"

Cowboys beat them. "they are trash"

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You forget. This board and the media when Philly and San Fran beat the Rams...."Rams are a good team.""good win"

Cowboys beat them. "they are trash"
Patriots, Vikings, Buccaneers, Commanders, Rams, Jets, Dolphins and Commanders. That is the murderous row that the mighty Eagles have vanquished this year. They have the Cowboys, Chiefs, Bills, Niners and Cowboys in their next 5 games.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I'm not a quitter, but I won't get my hopes high until they can actually be more than a "one and done" playoff team.

Last 25 years they've made the playoffs 11 times. Out of those 11 times, lost the first game 7 times, only making it to the second game to lose it in all of those 4.

For comparison, same time frame, the filthy eagles have gone to the playoffs 15 times, having lost the first game only 5 times and making the conference championship 6 timse and the superbowl 3 times (winining 1).

Last two paragraphs aren't BS but fact.

The cowboys can live in their past glory all they want to, but unless some critical thinking by the leadership changes, odds are Dallas is going to be in the same boat.

NON ONE here can't say if it weren't for Tom Laundry and Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones wouldn't have the most profitable football team around. Another fact is Jerry is an average owner at best riding the coattails of Jimmy Johnson and he makes the NFL money, so everyone around him is happy for his contributions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We hear the same thing from the media every year... well the Cowboys do this every year. They have a very good regular season and then fold in the playoffs. Like 2014 has anything to do with this season.... but do you hear this about the Detroit Lions? No... all of the sudden its the Lionas are amazing and the world better look out. It is such a different way we view teams and I simply dont care.

Enjoy the season, but there is NEVER a guarantee that a superbowl is sitting there waitig for us at the end of the season. Thats what makes football so great.

So fools gold? nah... we are a solid team that has as much of a shot as ANY TEAM in the NFL this season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
reading this crap about people liking or hating somebody and hurting somebody's feelings is comical. This brings back the good days of elementary school in the 60s. lol

giphy.gif

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don’t know why people think this is an argumentative take?

I just wanna secure the team in as many areas as possible going forward in the next 24 hours just like the eagles did last week just like the Seahawks did today that’s all that I’m saying.
You got a prediction wrong so they will freeze and isolate that to discount anything you have to say... as if they never made a wrong prediction.

XXLMike

Reaction score
You got a prediction wrong so they will freeze and isolate that to discount anything you have to say... as if they never made a wrong prediction.
Hahahaha that’s 100% accurate.
Fantastic observation

GINeric

Reaction score
We have yet to beat a team w a winning record …

Eagles are a good team, correct??? Well they loss to a Jets team that we blew out.

And other than the Dolphins, name me one good team that the Eagles have beaten this season.

I'll wait....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not a quitter, but I won't get my hopes high until they can actually be more than a "one and done" playoff team.

Last 25 years they've made the playoffs 11 times. Out of those 11 times, lost the first game 7 times, only making it to the second game to lose it in all of those 4.

For comparison, same time frame, the filthy eagles have gone to the playoffs 15 times, having lost the first game only 5 times and making the conference championship 6 timse and the superbowl 3 times (winining 1).

Last two paragraphs aren't BS but fact.

The cowboys can live in their past glory all they want to, but unless some critical thinking by the leadership changes, odds are Dallas is going to be in the same boat.

NON ONE here can't say if it weren't for Tom Laundry and Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones wouldn't have the most profitable football team around. Another fact is Jerry is an average owner at best riding the coattails of Jimmy Johnson and he makes the NFL money, so everyone around him is happy for his contributions.
You realize that makes you a bandwagon fan?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Eagles are a good team, correct??? Well they loss to a Jets team that we blew out.

And other than the Dolphins, name me one good team that the Eagles have beaten this season.

I'll wait....
well there are only who? Niners, Lions, Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks in the entire NFC? And if we played the Seahawks and crushed them like the rams, all of the sudden everyone would say the seahawks are nobody. Thats the way it works for us... hell, if we beat the Eagles this week we will hear some excuse... well its only regular season so it doesnt mean nothing, because we all know this is what the Cowboys do. They win in the regular season, but we all know what will happen come playoffs.... bla bla bla.....