The Video Game Thread

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Astro's Playroom looks cool. I look forward to that one. I can say that I have Astrobot on the PSVR and it is absolutely fantastic. Hands down one of the best VR games I've ever experienced.
VR is brutal to develop for. You're really not supposed to wear the headset for very long and I've had it on for 7-8 hours at a time. I've felt sick after doing that each time. I had to make a tutorial at one point and smacked my head into the desk a few times.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Astro's Playroom looks cool. I look forward to that one. I can say that I have Astrobot on the PSVR and it is absolutely fantastic. Hands down one of the best VR games I've ever experienced.
I didn't give that game enough of my time, which is a shame because you could tell it was designed specially for the PS VR. I was more interested in the other games included with the PS VR.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
AK47 is my favorite Nuketown weapon..

Krig outside of Nuketown is pretty decent.

I don't love this COD but Nuketown is Nuketown so hopefully they leave it up and add some more maps along the way.

I'd be happy if they just turned this into a Black Ops 2 remaster and just gave me some maps like Hi Jack and Raid.

Funny you mention that as the rumor rolling around is that Raid will be part of the Season 1 maps on the 10th. So, we will see! I'd love to see Hijack return as well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
VR is brutal to develop for. You're really not supposed to wear the headset for very long and I've had it on for 7-8 hours at a time. I've felt sick after doing that each time. I had to make a tutorial at one point and smacked my head into the desk a few times.

Eek!! Yeah I could see that not being good. I can do like an hour in the VR headset and I'm good after that. Most of the games I can handle but there are some that really mess with my head. Flying games give me motion sickness really bad as do a few other various games, or, I can handle them initially but it has to be during short bursts.

I didn't give that game enough of my time, which is a shame because you could tell it was designed specially for the PS VR. I was more interested in the other games included with the PS VR.

Oh you should definitely go back and give it a whirl next time you feel like throwing on the VR headset. Such a great little game. That and Batman were my absolute favorite VR games.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh you should definitely go back and give it a whirl next time you feel like throwing on the VR headset. Such a great little game. That and Batman were my absolute favorite VR games.
I will have to give it a whirl. My favorite VR game was Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard. Creepy as you could get playing a game IMO. I purchased two of the DLCs, but I never got around to playing them.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will have to give it a whirl. My favorite VR game was Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard. Creepy as you could get playing a game IMO. I purchased two of the DLCs, but I never got around to playing them.

Oh I forgot about that one! I did play that one and it was indeed well done. It was super creepy too. I never did finish it but I played into it quite a ways.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Cyberpunk is also getting a 464 strategy guide on release day.
Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a massive 464-page strategy guide at launch | PC Gamer

The internet is awash with user guides for pretty much every game you could name, but there's still something nice about a physical strategy guide. Cyberpunk 2077 is getting one, and not only does it look like a neat coffee table book, it's also a whooping 464 pages long. Verily a tome of Tolstoyan proportions.

Cyberpunk 2077: The Complete Official Guide releases on December 10 alongside the game, and it looks pretty thorough: in addition to outlining the "specifics of all key gameplay systems" and walkthroughs for every quest, the book contains a flowchart showing the possible options and culminations of each quest, as well as how they all interact with each other.
That's arguably the best feature, but there are also annotated maps and a guide to character creation. The book comes in two editions: the standard paperback edition is 464 pages ($24.99 / AU$39.95) while the hardcover collector's edition is 496 pages ($39.99 / AU$59.95), and comes with a bunch of extra images. There's more info on the publisher's website, including where to buy it in the US, Canada and Australia.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
So far Walmart has delayed my xbox x two times. First they said i would have the console by Dec 3rd. Then they updated it on Dec 1st and said they just shipped it from Lake Forest CA and i would have it by today Dec 4th sometime. Well since Dec 1st the tracking has not updated past the label part and just now walmart put a delayed sign on my order. I'm thinking some Fedex driver in Lake Forest CA stole my package or Walmart is full of it.

Anyone else get any kind of delay in shipping for PS5 or Xbox when buying from walmart? Ever track any item and it shows no progress after the label was created? Could this thing just show up here even though the tracking is messed up?

I don't care about the delay, i more concerned this thing just isn't going to arrive.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
So far Walmart has delayed my xbox x two times. First they said i would have the console by Dec 3rd. Then they updated it on Dec 1st and said they just shipped it from Lake Forest CA and i would have it by today Dec 4th sometime. Well since Dec 1st the tracking has not updated past the label part and just now walmart put a delayed sign on my order. I'm thinking some Fedex driver in Lake Forest CA stole my package or Walmart is full of it.

Anyone else get any kind of delay in shipping for PS5 or Xbox when buying from walmart? Ever track any item and it shows no progress after the label was created? Could this thing just show up here even though the tracking is messed up?

I don't care about the delay, i more concerned this thing just isn't going to arrive.
I was lucky enough to get the curb side pickup at my local store with the PS5. I've heard of some issues with shipping/delivering regarding Wal-Mart, so hope it works out for you.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Yes...

My PS5 was being shipped out of California by Fed Ex.

It was supposed to come on Thursday, November 12th, well I didn’t receive it until that following Sunday.

If you speak with their customer service and tell them it’s unacceptable they’ll knock off a % of your order.

I wouldn’t usually do something like that but I was just upset that I ordered this thing 2 months in advance and on the day of they were not responding to people and just acting shocked by something a big corporation like them should be prepared for.

I ordered games that also didn’t come on time.

However.. I did get my order eventually and there is something to be said for that because a lot of people had theirs cancelled from other stores.

Surprisingly I think GameStop was the best at all of this.

Also, I would download the app for whoever is delivering you this package and if you have any concerns they usually have special instructions you can leave and you can also turn on text notifications that update you via text.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well Demon Souls has been defeated..

Day 1 I didn’t think I’d get there.. But today it is done.

I had to watch a lot of guides and read posts on Reddit.. There is a million mistakes you can make on this game and I probably made all of them.

What a beautiful game though.

I still haven’t gotten the platinum trophy for it.. It may take awhile to get but I got all of the hard stuff done.

What’s cool about souls is there is still so much you can do after you beat the game.

Now on to Spider-Man..

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I had to watch a lot of guides and read posts on Reddit.. There is a million mistakes you can make on this game and I probably made all of them.

I still haven’t gotten the platinum trophy for it.. It may take awhile to get but I got all of the hard stuff done.

What’s cool about souls is there is still so much you can do after you beat the game.

Now on to Spider-Man..
Good Job!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
At this point with the hype around Cyberpunk, I’m worried it will be considered a let down. No matter how good it is. People are treating it like it is some sort of future cyberpunk 100% real life simulator instead of a game.

If it turns out as good and as immersive as, say, Red Dead Redemption 2, I’ll consider it a success.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
At this point with the hype around Cyberpunk, I’m worried it will be considered a let down. No matter how good it is. People are treating it like it is some sort of future cyberpunk 100% real life simulator instead of a game.

If it turns out as good and as immersive as, say, Red Dead Redemption 2, I’ll consider it a success.

I feel ya. We will see next week!

HungryLion

Reaction score

Agree. God Red Dead 2 was such an incredible game. I’ve been hoping for some DLC content adding to the single player game.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score

Now on to Spider-Man..

There it is! Well done my man. The Souls/Bourne New Game + stuff is so crazy and probably most entertaining challenge wise. But knowing that you've accomplished, it is just awesome. Im struggling with Souls for some reason...Tougher than even Sekiro IMO.