The Video Game Thread

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There it is! Well done my man. The Souls/Bourne New Game + stuff is so crazy and probably most entertaining challenge wise. But knowing that you've accomplished, it is just awesome. Im struggling with Souls for some reason...Tougher than even Sekiro IMO.

Thanks man..

Not gonna lie your words motivated me early on haha.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Btw, I started Spider-Man Miles Morales..

This is not my type of game but I’m enjoying it..

It looks great.. Definitely next gen type of stuff.

The fights on the game are the worst part.. Almost every fight is the same.. It’s very repetitive.

There is a lot of cool different side missions you can do to level up Spider-Man and get different suits and stuff.

Swinging around the city is great.. One of the best parts of the game..

The cut scenes are really good too. The game is like a movie.

It’s not my type of game but if this is your style then I don’t know how they could’ve made the game better besides making fights a little more diverse.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Reminds Fans That 100% Of Sales Go To The Studio If You Buy On GOG

You can buy Cyberpunk 2077 at a multitude of stores, but only one pays the developer 100% of sales.

Read Full Story

I do like GOG and have a nice little library of games there, including the Witcher 3 which is a physical copy that you could only link to your GOG account/galaxy. As much as i don't like Steam it is simply more convenient than GOG/Origin/Uplay/Epic.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I am excited and will probably just pick it up on Steam being that i have money in my Steam account. The big question is what kinda framerate i can get out of the 1070 @ 4K resolution.

Decent probably around 35 FPS with medium setttings a few on high. The venerable GTX 1070 is still a good GPU but as it has aged now better at 1080p - of course.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Decent probably around 35 FPS with medium setttings a few on high. The venerable GTX 1070 is still a good GPU but as it has aged now better at 1080p - of course.

Well i don't mind dialing down things like bloom, dof, shadows and even AA to get a better framerate, as soon as i can get my hands on a 3060 though its a done deal.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just got done playing Tetris Effect. The "campaign" section was a lot of fun. The visuals and the music blend together and make a very immersive experience. I enjoy me some Tetris every now and again and this one definitely was awesome. It's on Xbox Game Pass for those that are interested.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just got done playing Tetris Effect. The "campaign" section was a lot of fun. The visuals and the music blend together and make a very immersive experience. I enjoy me some Tetris every now and again and this one definitely was awesome. It's on Xbox Game Pass for those that are interested.
I heard it was really cool in VR. I don't have the VR stuff so held off but they said it was like you were almost tripping with the way it plays with your senses/music effect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Souls games can sort of ruin other games though combat wise

I think that game has ruined every game i've ever played from a quality standpoint.

I've played a lot of Fifa.. A lot... And that game is always busted in some way. Yet you go into a souls game and there is so much more going on and i'm just like how can these guys get it so right but EA Sports be so terrible.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am excited and will probably just pick it up on Steam being that i have money in my Steam account. The big question is what kinda framerate i can get out of the 1070 @ 4K resolution.

It's a wait and see for me. This type of game is something i've never really played.

I think i'll wait for the multiplayer..

I've never even played GTA.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like GOG and have a nice little library of games there, including the Witcher 3 which is a physical copy that you could only link to your GOG account/galaxy. As much as i don't like Steam it is simply more convenient than GOG/Origin/Uplay/Epic.
The reason I am not a Steam fan (I don't hate it, just not a fan) is that I hate the idea that only ONE person can play any games in your library at one time, including yourself.

I am not talking about two people playing the same game, but rather one person playing one game and another (or you) playing a different game.

With GOG, there is no DRM so you never have to worry about that. Of course GOG does not get many just-released AAA titles .. except when the company that owns GOG develops them *laughs* .. but I have more than enough games in my library queued up for after I move that I can wait until they eventually make it to GOG.

Steam offers a lot of conveniences and if they did not have that one-person-playing-per-library-per-time policy, I would be okay with everything else.

For example, I have friends who play multiplayer games regularly but they constantly take breaks for various things. I want to be able to stay online in the game they are playing and play another game in my library while I wait for them to return. With Steam, you cannot do that.