The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just got done playing Tetris Effect. The "campaign" section was a lot of fun. The visuals and the music blend together and make a very immersive experience. I enjoy me some Tetris every now and again and this one definitely was awesome. It's on Xbox Game Pass for those that are interested.
Thanks for the review. I have the PS VR and I thought of getting it to kill a few minutes here or there, but I never could see how it would look using the VR. I will probably download it sometime today.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The reason I am not a Steam fan (I don't hate it, just not a fan) is that I hate the idea that only ONE person can play any games in your library at one time, including yourself.

I am not talking about two people playing the same game, but rather one person playing one game and another (or you) playing a different game.

With GOG, there is no DRM so you never have to worry about that. Of course GOG does not get many just-released AAA titles .. except when the company that owns GOG develops them *laughs* .. but I have more than enough games in my library queued up for after I move that I can wait until they eventually make it to GOG.

Steam offers a lot of conveniences and if they did not have that one-person-playing-per-library-per-time policy, I would be okay with everything else.

For example, I have friends who play multiplayer games regularly but they constantly take breaks for various things. I want to be able to stay online in the game they are playing and play another game in my library while I wait for them to return. With Steam, you cannot do that.

That's probably one of the worst features about Steam, not sure why they employ this. Maybe to help with DRM/Piracy?

Steam on the other hand has some very good features.
Steam workshop......allows you to install/uninstall mods with the click of a button
A refund policy that has improved, 2 hours of gametime or 2 weeks. which ever comes first. I have many games this way, play for a hour or so and decide i dont like it and refund.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I heard it was really cool in VR. I don't have the VR stuff so held off but they said it was like you were almost tripping with the way it plays with your senses/music effect.
Thanks for the review. I have the PS VR and I thought of getting it to kill a few minutes here or there, but I never could see how it would look using the VR. I will probably download it sometime today.

So, funny you guys mention this, was telling my buddy about this game. "Oh hey I have it for PS4 if you want to borrow it". So I did. It is definitely pretty cool in the VR. The music coupled with the animations really immerses you even more into the experience.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Btw, I started Spider-Man Miles Morales..

This is not my type of game but I’m enjoying it..

It looks great.. Definitely next gen type of stuff.

The fights on the game are the worst part.. Almost every fight is the same.. It’s very repetitive.

There is a lot of cool different side missions you can do to level up Spider-Man and get different suits and stuff.

Swinging around the city is great.. One of the best parts of the game..

The cut scenes are really good too. The game is like a movie.

It’s not my type of game but if this is your style then I don’t know how they could’ve made the game better besides making fights a little more diverse.
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is definitely my type of game, but I'm glad you're still enjoying it.

The fights are similar to the Batman: Arkham games, I mix up combat by stringing together combos.

Though I may only like it as I've been stringing together combos in group fights since Devil May Cry.

I couldn't agree more about swinging around NY, I love creatively traversing environments in games.

Whether it be Spider-Man, the Batman: Arkham games, the inFAMOUS games, or Sunset Overdrive.

Anyway back to Spider-Man: Miles Morales, here's the new trailer for those still curious about the game:

Last edited:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, funny you guys mention this, was telling my buddy about this game. "Oh hey I have it for PS4 if you want to borrow it". So I did. It is definitely pretty cool in the VR. The music coupled with the animations really immerses you even more into the experience.
I got the game yesterday. I played it in VR and non-VR. Playing in the VR mode definitely amped up the "Wow" factor. Some of the piece designs make it harder to "see" were to drop the pieces to clear the lines. I'm stuck at a level as I can't seem to clear the last two lines to continue on. I'll be cruising right along and the game increases the speed dramatically and I am never ready for that. I will play it later today and probably have no problems getting past it. It is a fun game. I used to play Tetris for HOURS when it first came out in the 80's. I since played it sporadically over the years but never played long as I got bored with it after just a few minutes. This brings a new wrinkle to the game. I don't think I will get bored with it anytime soon. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've followed him for ages. He is an absolute MONSTER at SoulsBourne games. He even plays them wasted on live stream and kills it. My ego tells me to find my own path lol. A last ditch effort for sure.
I know bout Mr. Cowboy too from the Bloodborne days :) You're right , he's a souls beast and likeable enough to follow. Watched him for some others too. Feels odd all 3 of us found our way to the Cowboy :D

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Over $300,000 worth of RTX 3090s were stolen out of a factory in China

40 containers of RTX 3090 GPUs were boosted from an MSI factory in China early this morning.

Read Full Story

---

It looks like scalpers found a way to bypass the the retail bots :D

That's insane. Pretty much given up all hope of getting a 3-series card before early Spring. I hope they are caught and penalized harshly.

Found this on a different site and prices are retail vs street prices.

PS5 (disc) $499 $1,024
PS5 (digital) $399 $990
Xbox Series X $499 $835
Xbox Series S $299 $471
Nvidia RTX 3090 $1,499 $2,076
Nvidia RTX 3080 $699 $1,227
Nvidia RTX 3070 $499 $819
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti $399 $675
AMD RX 6800 XT $649 $1,232
AMD RX 6800 $579 $841

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's insane. Pretty much given up all hope of getting a 3-series card before early Spring. I hope they are caught and penalized harshly.

Found this on a different site and prices are retail vs street prices.

PS5 (disc) $499 $1,024
PS5 (digital) $399 $990
Xbox Series X $499 $835
Xbox Series S $299 $471
Nvidia RTX 3090 $1,499 $2,076
Nvidia RTX 3080 $699 $1,227
Nvidia RTX 3070 $499 $819
Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti $399 $675
AMD RX 6800 XT $649 $1,232
AMD RX 6800 $579 $841
The manufacturers and retail places have no reason to stop it from happening.

The manufacturers get to brag about "fastest selling blah blah blah of all time" and the retailers know that "the people who don't get one will still buy them later on".

I will pick up a 3080 at some point next year but I really am in no rush. That's why I bought a 2070 Super a few months ago because I knew what was going to happen.

My 2070 Super will be more than powerful enough for any game I want to play.