The Video Game Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well decided to dive further into Cyberpunk tonight and about 4 hours later I finally turned it off. It's really growing on me and the story is starting to pull me in. Game played fine for me the whole time. Had one wierd little animation when I went to hide a body (the body kind of flew against the glass instead of just dropping) but that's been it. Safe to say I'll continue and see where this takes me. Just getting into where Keanu Reeves character comes into the storyline (neat concept on that too).
Issues aside, its a quality game. Wouldn't put it on the top tier of RPG's, but its in that 2nd or 3rd.

Not gonna post spoilers, but there is a side quest chain that is darker than anything I can recall in a game

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yep, and don't forget The Crystal Lizards with their Hardstone shards also needed for good weapon Upgrades. A few of those little freaks (god i hate chasing them in these games) got away from me already. They changed it in this one where you have to beat a boss for them to respawn. Thrill of the hunt my friend!
Ah thanks for the info Ominous that makes a lot more sense. Yeah I came back to Nexus with a 1000 souls and blacksmith said "so what?" Need the hardstones...I guess repair this crap lol
I need to stop messing around and beat this boss; that's evidently how you kind of really get going in upgrading your character and I guess the weapons too. I got the shortcut done, got my crossbow, the better sword underneath the floorboards, but it's so dang heavy need to 2 hand it but am not good enough to go shield less yet.

Game is great, just have to get good and beat this boss to get rolling. Appr the info

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Well decided to dive further into Cyberpunk tonight and about 4 hours later I finally turned it off. It's really growing on me and the story is starting to pull me in. Game played fine for me the whole time. Had one wierd little animation when I went to hide a body (the body kind of flew against the glass instead of just dropping) but that's been it. Safe to say I'll continue and see where this takes me. Just getting into where Keanu Reeves character comes into the storyline (neat concept on that too).
PSN never refunded my game so think I'll play it on the ps5 and hope it plays smoother (really the driving was why I couldn't get into it, on ps4 the fps would drop and stutter making you crash due to lag on input) The game concept is still cool and interesting and they're supposed to be having some big patches coming in Jan/Feb to fix the bigger issues. Hard not to like that Keanu is in it too.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yes..

A little tip.. You can farm the first 2 or 3 skeletons in 4-1..

Use your fist and not a weapon because they don’t like blunt damage.

It’s like 1k souls per skeleton I think.

I can give you little tips like that with no spoilers if you like to make life easier on there.
Thanks bro, is 4-1 the Boletarian palace or 4th floor of it? Nothing wrong with that when needed, game's like this don't make you feel bad using a little cheese to farm/level up comparatively and will use that trick when I can level up my character/weapons. Appr the tip!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thanks bro, is 4-1 the Boletarian palace or 4th floor of it? Nothing wrong with that when needed, game's like this don't make you feel bad using a little cheese to farm/level up comparatively and will use that trick when I can level up my character/weapons. Appr the tip!

Sorry the 4th Archstone in the Nexus. Shrine of storms.

Also.. Another little tip.. There is a sword there in 4-1 that will make Archstone 2 much easier.

It’s called a crescent falchion.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
x series available at target (curbside pickup only), certain areas:

https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-console/-/A-80790841

Sounds like Dallas & San Antonio have/had stock this morning.

I've read this several times around the internet and keeping checking locally for my buddy to no avail. Sucks. I hate that we all have to do this. I'm still trying to find a PS5 as well (though I'm still not sure where I'm going to stuff that giant mofo in my ET center haha).

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
List of most expensive video games to develop - Wikipedia

#1 is Cyberpunk
120 million in development
209 million in marketking

Now unless my math is incorrect this means about 65% went to marketing and 35% went to development.
Some of those numbers on the list were insane, maybe Crazed Liotta Eyes or someone else in the industry can chime in.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

#1 is Cyberpunk

Now unless my math is incorrect this means about 65% went to marketing and 35% went to development.
Some of those numbers on the list were insane, maybe Crazed Liotta Eyes or someone else in the industry can chime in.

Interesting list. Didn't realize Call of Duty MW2 was that high on the list. I remember when that game had a ton of hype driving it. Fortunately that game backed it up upon it's release. Still one of the best COD games ever.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#1 is Cyberpunk

I am guessing Keanu Reeves money falls under marketing.

Also, I guess they are not counting Star Citizen as it will ultimately be the most expensively developed game if they ever stop selling non-existing virtual items and actually finish the game one day.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I am guessing Keanu Reeves money falls under marketing.

Also, I guess they are not counting Star Citizen as it will ultimately be the most expensively developed game if they ever stop selling non-existing virtual items and actually finish the game one day.

#1 is Cyberpunk

Cool find Johnny...I see the advertising all the time for games (esp Cyberpunk recently) but wow that seems like almost overkill. I remember thinking GTA5 was over advertised, but they have nothing on cpunk. They do need to release that Star Citizen...275M on development, what are you making an actual UFO?

Keanu is so cool he did it for free (everyone knows that) :D

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

#1 is Cyberpunk

I can't even fathom numbers like those. I've never had much to do with the marketing side so I can't imagine where all that money goes. Marketing budgets are a problem for small studios like the one I'm at. I don't think we spend nearly enough on it and it's easy to get lost in the flood of games getting released.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Cool find Johnny...I see the advertising all the time for games (esp Cyberpunk recently) but wow that seems like almost overkill. I remember thinking GTA5 was over advertised, but they have nothing on cpunk. They do need to release that Star Citizen...275M on development, what are you making an actual UFO?

Keanu is so cool he did it for free (everyone knows that) :D
All you need to know about Star Citizen is that it's a Chris Roberts game. He was my boss when I got my first Designer job and he will never release a game until he's forced to. Star Citizen sets a new record for him.