The Video Game Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
All you need to know about Star Citizen is that it's a Chris Roberts game. He was my boss when I got my first Designer job and he will never release a game until he's forced to. Star Citizen sets a new record for him.
Lol you aint lying. One quick google search and this is the quote that popped up on Star Citizen, [Chris Roberts also explained that the studio did not have a set release date and that the single-player game will release when its done. He said: "Squadron 42 will be done when it is done, and will not be released just to make a date but instead once all the tech and content is finished, polished and it plays great.

That would be admirable for awhile esp with the Cyberpunk thing more recently, but 270M in and all these years...just what are you doing with all that coin sir?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lol you aint lying. One quick google search and this is the quote that popped up on Star Citizen, [Chris Roberts also explained that the studio did not have a set release date and that the single-player game will release when its done. He said: "Squadron 42 will be done when it is done, and will not be released just to make a date but instead once all the tech and content is finished, polished and it plays great.

That would be admirable for awhile esp with the Cyberpunk thing more recently, but 270M in and all these years...just what are you doing with all that coin sir?

Just do some browsing around on their website to see some of the insane prices are on ships. If you buy the base game which includes one ship depending on the package its around 50$ which isn't bad. However there are additional ships you can purchase like this one for 300$ The Constellation Aquila - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew to get the most out of PS5's features I would have to upgrade my TV. Since it looks as if I won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon (screw you scalpers!) I decided to take the deep plunge and get an updated TV. It's going to be a LONG time before I get another TV so this one has to last me a few years. It's got great reviews. My Discover card is offering a 5% cashback on purchases through Amazon until tomorrow, and after one year they will match my total cashback for the year. I pay it off every month so it's "free" money. The TV is expensive but I do save some money.

LG 65" CX OLED

I've hesitated long and hard with this; especially when I have 3 other great TV's. I will have to get rid of one and I will price it to sell. It's a 3d TV but I never watch a movie in 3D. It will be delivered 7 Jan. I could have gotten it sooner, but I will be traveling the first part of next week and I had to be home to take delivery. This is not like me at all. LOL

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I knew to get the most out of PS5's features I would have to upgrade my TV. Since it looks as if I won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon (screw you scalpers!) I decided to take the deep plunge and get an updated TV. It's going to be a LONG time before I get another TV so this one has to last me a few years. It's got great reviews. My Discover card is offering a 5% cashback on purchases through Amazon until tomorrow, and after one year they will match my total cashback for the year. I pay it off every month so it's "free" money. The TV is expensive but I do save some money.

LG 65" CX OLED

I've hesitated long and hard with this; especially when I have 3 other great TV's. I will have to get rid of one and I will price it to sell. It's a 3d TV but I never watch a movie in 3D. It will be delivered 7 Jan. I could have gotten it sooner, but I will be traveling the first part of next week and I had to be home to take delivery. This is not like me at all. LOL

That's the one I am wanting. I have a 65" now, so want the bigger model, but the price gets steep for the bigger one. I think I'll wait until next year. Let us know how you like it.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the one I am wanting. I have a 65" now, so want the bigger model, but the price gets steep for the bigger one. I think I'll wait until next year. Let us know how you like it.
I thought about getting the bigger one, but the space where I would use the TV is too small for anything larger. I thought long and hard about buying this because it's a lot of money. I'm at the age now where the greatest and newest doesn't interest me as it did in the past, but for some unknown reason the PS5 has brought me back to my younger years. :)

Since my divorce a few years ago I became very frugal with my money. I have an 18 year old truck (bought brand new) paid off years ago and I bought a used 2014 car that I paid off as well. So I felt I could treat myself once in awhile. I'm really excited to get this TV. I'm 58 years old. I'm not supposed to be excited over a TV. :laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score

LG 65" CX OLED

Fantastic choice. I'm in a gaming group on social media and this TV has received nothing but praise throughout. I hear it's an exceptional television.

II'm really excited to get this TV. I'm 58 years old. I'm not supposed to be excited over a TV. :laugh:

Nonsense man!! Enjoy life, even the little things. :thumbup:

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
They're killing us with the new tech these days.

I've got a 65" now also. I'm old enough to remember TVs half this size that weighed 200 pounds. These newer ones are obviously dramatically lighter in weight but are still unwieldy. When I got the 65", I put it on a pretty narrow mantle and when I went to connect something in the back, I tipped it a bit and nearly lost it. Ended up catching the thing with my forehead. LOL!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fantastic choice. I'm in a gaming group on social media and this TV has received nothing but praise throughout. I hear it's an exceptional television.

LOL...I'm almost 100 percent positive it was one of your earlier posts about the same gaming group that mentioned this TV and it steered me to it. True story. :thumbup:

Nonsense man!! Enjoy life, even the little things. :thumbup:

Thanks Slammed!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've got a 65" now also. I'm old enough to remember TVs half this size that weighed 200 pounds. These newer ones are obviously dramatically lighter in weight but are still unwieldy. When I got the 65", I put it on a pretty narrow mantle and when I went to connect something in the back, I tipped it a bit and nearly lost it. Ended up catching the thing with my forehead. LOL!
I used to live next to a manager of a super Walmart and he gave us the inside scoop of a Black Friday sale for a 32" TV. My ex-wife camped out to snag one. It weighted about 2 tons and I wall mounted it. This was around 2002/2003. I thought the TV was as large as anybody would ever need. I grew up watching TV on a 19" screen. I have a 65" screen now, and I just bought another 65" and I'm thinking did I buy a big enough TV? Crazy.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score

LG 65" CX OLED

Wow my friend I literally was going to post the same reply saying the same thing with the same TV. My fam and I went down the rabbit hole as well! I figured what the heck I have all this, and I need a truly great TV....yep. Ordered the exact one this morning and was about to post. Should come the 13th....Dude LETS GO!

:clap::dance::thumbup:.
Edit...Gotta give props to @SlammedZero. I knew the TV was a beast beforehand, but you convinced me as well haha

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I literally put in the order and came to gloat lol. I got beat to the punch haha...I cant wait. She is quite the beauty. I gotta post man cave pics!
:laugh: Too funny you both ordered one. Awesome though. Look forward to hearing your reviews on it. Yes, somebody asked me for a mancave pic awhile back and I still need to do that. Nothing special but I said I would share.........

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just do some browsing around on their website to see some of the insane prices are on ships. If you buy the base game which includes one ship depending on the package its around 50$ which isn't bad. However there are additional ships you can purchase like this one for 300$ The Constellation Aquila - Roberts Space Industries | Follow the development of Star Citizen and Squadron 42
Wow, what a deep niche market/genre. I was looking at the specs on some of the ships (only 4 though I think) and felt overwhelmed. So $50 for the base game, but probably bare bones ship unless you pony up. So is this game in like beta type form but not officially released if selling these add ons? Admit it looks cool, but would need the console dumbed down version in 10 years when this guy is ready to release his game lol

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow my friend I literally was going to post the same reply saying the same thing with the same TV. My fam and I went down the rabbit hole as well! I figured what the heck I have all this, and I need a truly great TV....yep. Ordered the exact one this morning and was about to post. Should come the 13th....Dude LETS GO!

:clap::dance::thumbup:.
Edit...Gotta give props to @SlammedZero. I knew the TV was a beast beforehand, but you convinced me as well haha
That's awesome!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

I purchased my first HDTV in 2005. It was a 50" DLP projection. It actually had a very nice picture and resolution for the time, but was much bigger than plasma that was popular at the time. It was $2500 then.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I purchased my first HDTV in 2005. It was a 50" DLP projection. It actually had a very nice picture and resolution for the time, but was much bigger than plasma that was popular at the time. It was $2500 then.
I remember those and wanted one at the time. It really is amazing where TVs have gone. I got a 13" CRT for my bedroom when I was about 10 years old and was the envy of all my friends. They couldn't believe we had two TVs in the house, let alone one in my bedroom.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first HDTV was the same, but it was a 70". I bought it at Sears and the sales guy had just gone on "his own" on the sales floor a day or so before I walked in. I can't remember just how expensive it was but it easily cleared $3k, so the guy made a nice commission right off the bat. I had it for years until the 3D I have now replaced it. Even though the 3D was smaller at 65" it seemed so much bigger because of the brightness and clarity compared to the DLP projection system. The DLP also had burn in on the sides because there wasn't much HD content back then so the picture didn't cover the whole screen unless I switched it to full screen. My ex-wife never did that because she didn't want to bother with it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wow, what a deep niche market/genre. I was looking at the specs on some of the ships (only 4 though I think) and felt overwhelmed. So $50 for the base game, but probably bare bones ship unless you pony up. So is this game in like beta type form but not officially released if selling these add ons? Admit it looks cool, but would need the console dumbed down version in 10 years when this guy is ready to release his game lol

I played on one of the free weekends, the content that was currently was certainly playable. You could fly ships, explore, mine and a few other things. As far as everything they have promised i would guess it may take another 2 years at least. I was given one of the "starter ships" so would assume if you purchased another one in the store you could use it.