The Video Game Thread

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way. I have the same TV.

the picture is so incredible. I also wish I had a next gen system to take advantage.

but man the HDR shows and movies on Netflix and Disney+ look unbelievable on it man.

you’re gonna love it.
Thanks for response. I figured it would improve my normal things, but to hear it from someone who has one makes me really excited about it!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I got my new TV today. I haven't installed it yet. Probably tomorrow or Saturday. I wish I had a good PC or the PS5 to take advantage of its capabilities. I'm stoked.
Very sweet man. I have a Samsung4K "budget TV" so doesn't have 120 FPS but has the 4k resolution. I didn't have HDR/4K until more recently, it actually took me a few days to let my eyes adjust correctly, was making me eyes hurt at first, etc Now I love it, and like Ominous said looks good when watching movies and shows on my apps too. The game mode/HDR on these TVs basically take care of all the settings but out of the box mine was coming off as too dark until I fiddled with the settings. So more saying don't panic if that's the case, bc it's easily adjustable.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
No way. I have the same TV.

the picture is so incredible. I also wish I had a next gen system to take advantage.

but man the HDR shows and movies on Netflix and Disney+ look unbelievable on it man.

you’re gonna love it.

Lol...the 3 Amigos! I absolutely can't wait. As such a geeky gamer and nerdy movie and TV freak, I want my eyes to be mesmerized. Cheers!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very sweet man. I have a Samsung4K "budget TV" so doesn't have 120 FPS but has the 4k resolution. I didn't have HDR/4K until more recently, it actually took me a few days to let my eyes adjust correctly, was making me eyes hurt at first, etc Now I love it, and like Ominous said looks good when watching movies and shows on my apps too. The game mode/HDR on these TVs basically take care of all the settings but out of the box mine was coming off as too dark until I fiddled with the settings. So more saying don't panic if that's the case, bc it's easily adjustable.
It's amazing how far television technology has come. I'm old enough to remember when the majority of homes had black and white TVs. I was about 13 years old when we first got a color TV.

HotDog37

Reaction score
It's amazing how far television technology has come. I'm old enough to remember when the majority of homes had black and white TVs. I was about 13 years old when we first got a color TV.

I know what you mean, but I miss the older technology because it wasn't about bling it was about substance even if it was low resolutions and pixelated screens, the quality of acting and not having 500 channels to shift through was amazing in a retrospective sense. Good times.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The newer TV’s like this. They also need a little time to “break in”.

meaning when you first turn them on.... don’t get me wrong they will look great still. But the colors actually get just a bit sharper and crisper after the first 100 hours or so of being on.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Reminds me when we'd visit my grandma in West VA in the 80s/90s. Turn knob, think it was color, but only got maybe 2-3 channels. For a city kid it was like watching paint dry out there...that was before they let me use the 4-wheelers :eek:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Dang it you guys!! You're making me want an OLED! :laugh: I have a Sony 4K LED right now, and while it's a sharp TV, I cannot deny that it's not as crisp as OLED. Plus, it doesn't do 120hz and I would like to experience that with my Series X. :D
How many games are supporting 120 FPS? I think COD, Fortnite, Miles Morales, Destiny 2 is but not too many others quite yet. Wonder how that would feel tbh, probably super smooth.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
How many games are supporting 120 FPS? I think COD, Fortnite, Miles Morales, Destiny 2 is but not too many others quite yet. Wonder how that would feel tbh, probably super smooth.

Yeah I can't name them off the top of my head but there are a few. There is one, Ori, that is 6k 120hz. It looks gorgeous just in 4K/60hz.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah I can't name them off the top of my head but there are a few. There is one, Ori, that is 6k 120hz. It looks gorgeous just in 4K/60hz.
Ori (almost bought the new one on switch)...you're right, that game is mesmerizing tbh. I actually looked this up after you got me thinking about it and it is something you kind of want going fwd, esp as a FPS genre fan. Saw COD, Borderlands 3, Rainbow 6, Rocket League were all runnin at 120 fps on xbox x. Has been beating Ps5 pretty handedly in this department so far. Evidently the Xbox X is easier to program to 120 fps vs sony.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-120-fps-support-games-xbox-series-x/

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I think im going to grab a solid 240Hz 5K 27" monitor just to sort of complete this ridiculous setup. I could've built a 7 grand PC with all this lol. But its also for the fam...

But mostly for me. The wife has allowed it, now time to sleep in the outhouse lol.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I think im going to grab a solid 240Hz 5K 27" monitor just to sort of complete this ridiculous setup. I could've built a 7 grand PC with all this lol. But its also for the fam...

But mostly for me. The wife has allowed it, now time to sleep in the outhouse lol.
I like that you're honest about it, she's allowing it, could be worse ;) As long as you're not spending your kids money or something I think you're okay :) I had to double, take, wth is a 5k some kind of tv marathon (ducking from the pie thrown at me for bad jk), can't even enjoy 4k for a month lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My hope is that I finish it and about that time they announce a remaster or Elden Ring..

How is the Souls progression? Game is rough isn’t it?
From what I remember not nearly as in depth comp to Demon Souls but is much harder by comp. I don't remember spending my stuff on anything but leveling up and health potions(?) Just mainly level up your health and endurance. Been a good 5 years since I've played it though. That first alley way to open the game was brutal.