The Video Game Thread

Lutonio

Reaction score
Halo is polished to a shine, and I can’t believe the servers held up after getting bum rushed. I was super impressed with all the bones of the game.

But I couldn’t shake the feeling that I’ve played it before. It’s not bad by any means, but I think the games I like to play have evolved since dropping so many hours into the franchise since Halo 2 online matches started in 2004. I was expecting to sink deep into it, but I think the game plays it a little too safe without doing anything new and ends up feeling like it’s out of time capsule. I get that’s exactly what some people want — I’m just saying I surprised myself that I wasn’t one of them and didn’t know it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Halo is polished to a shine, and I can’t believe the servers held up after getting bum rushed. I was super impressed with all the bones of the game.

But I couldn’t shake the feeling that I’ve played it before. It’s not bad by any means, but I think the games I like to play have evolved since dropping so many hours into the franchise since Halo 2 online matches started in 2004. I was expecting to sink deep into it, but I think the game plays it a little too safe without doing anything new and ends up feeling like it’s out of time capsule. I get that’s exactly what some people want — I’m just saying I surprised myself that I wasn’t one of them and didn’t know it.
That's how I feel playing the last few Mortal Kombats; games are great looking, mechanics are sharp, but for whatever reason, I can't play more than a match or two before getting bored W or L. Thought of that game for the timespan and similar cyclical nature of the gameplay...almost called it Madden but sounded like a curse word :muttley: Hopefully something "clicks" but I hear you it's a bit odd when you're so sure you would love it for nostalgia purposes only to find it meh...San Andreas says hello right now as well (for me anyway) lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Ze1CiyX.gif
:lmao:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

I'm a grown man and I was grinning ear to ear watching all the cool old school cartoon /comic characters :D That's a bit of a twist in terms of co-op (same team) in a fighting game too though Smash brothers touches on it I believe? I like the idea; not F2P so much but can see why they went that route to garner a community and the $ off the characters if it catches on.

Didn't know anything about this either

Lutonio

Reaction score
Hunt: Showdown received a next gen console patch today that puts the game at 60 fps. If you haven’t played it, I’ll say again that I can’t emphasize enough how good and unique it is. If you need info on the ins and outs of the game, hit me up. Do not miss it.

John813

Reaction score
Forza 5 is really good. Graphics are stunning(went with the 30fps but higher "quality").

My only minor complaint is it feels like a new map and some cars.
Granted, it's a free roam sim with arcade racing. Only so much can be done, and you don't want them to get silly on trying to do too much

But, same barnyard finds, same type of wheelspins, etc... Most cars have the same mods from FH4. It's a lot of carryover for houses/leveling up/customization etc

It's fun while you are playing campaign but not sure of the long term play-ability when the campaign is completed but I guess the expansion packs will help extend the amount of races.

Other than being able to make your character an amputee and select pronouns they copied and pasted a lot over.

Nitpicking time lol
Also, surprised the TRX/2021 Raptor weren't on launch for the trucks.
And I wish they would offer more street SUVs/trucks. Chevy SS/Lightning/Trailblazer SS/Ram SRT10. The F-450 is cool but really random at same time

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Forza 5 is really good. Graphics are stunning(went with the 30fps but higher "quality").

My only minor complaint is it feels like a new map and some cars.
Granted, it's a free roam sim with arcade racing. Only so much can be done, and you don't want them to get silly on trying to do too much

But, same barnyard finds, same type of wheelspins, etc... Most cars have the same mods from FH4. It's a lot of carryover for houses/leveling up/customization etc

It's fun while you are playing campaign but not sure of the long term play-ability when the campaign is completed but I guess the expansion packs will help extend the amount of races.

Other than being able to make your character an amputee and select pronouns they copied and pasted a lot over.

Nitpicking time lol
Also, surprised the TRX/2021 Raptor weren't on launch for the trucks.
And I wish they would offer more street SUVs/trucks. Chevy SS/Lightning/Trailblazer SS/Ram SRT10. The F-450 is cool but really random at same time

:laugh: I actually picked up and built me an F-450, because, why not? Feels super silly racing it around the map but I guess that's why it's an arcade racer. I also WAY over paid for a DeLorean on the auction house. For some reason I just had to have one. lol

Also, I get what you're saying about some of the carryovers on the game, but at the same time, I guess that's what makes Forza Horizon Forza Horizon. On that note, I feel like I've hardly received any Super Wheelspins for some reason. It's odd.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who said they were disappointed with it as well.
Yeah, the maps are huge and if you don’t get a vehicle, you end up running around for 5 minutes and then there’s no cover, so you just get slaughtered over and over. Not fun at all.

Bought it. I like it. Don't love it. I've had some fun with it, but I definitely see where a lot of the complaints on the game have been warranted. The maps are huge. I mean HUGE. So you can find yourself wandering at times, or waiting for a vehicle (or helicopter that's impossible to fly lol) and that's no fun.

On the other hand, I have had some fun matches on it as well. So, for me it's right down the middle. Has some good and some bad. I think where it really shines is the Battlefield Portal. I think it's fantastic, and super nostalgic, to go back and play remastered maps from older Battlefield games. The bummer is there are only a handful of maps for each game. What would be fantastic, and I have no idea if they plan on doing this or not, is if they release more classic maps. Playing a couple maps off of Bad Company 2, in particular, was a massive blast from the past.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I started playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Remastered for Xbox series x.

game is awesome so far. A lot of fun.

Also. Black Friday they had a deal. I never played Witcher 3. It was on sale on Xbox store for 9.99 for the game of the year edition.

so I bought that. Looking forward to playing it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I started playing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Remastered for Xbox series x.

game is awesome so far. A lot of fun.

Also. Black Friday they had a deal. I never played Witcher 3. It was on sale on Xbox store for 9.99 for the game of the year edition.

so I bought that. Looking forward to playing it.
That's funny, I actually just played through Star Wars on PS and enjoyed it even with minimal knowledge from the lore and movies. Has some Dark Souls elements with some spikes in difficulty . It was more of an adventure/action game with a lot of navigating and would say was a tad much at times. But still worthy and esp for a Star Wars fan I would imagine.

Witcher 3 is great (much easier combat but can spike it up) and believe they're supposed to release a next gen upgrade for that one too so good grab.