The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was actually surprised that I finished the main story so fast. I'm not a 100% completion type player so there was some stuff I didn't do like some of the treasure hunts.
Yeah, to be fair, I haven't really done the main storyline at all. I find myself just going to whatever is closest to me. Whatever that may be. lol

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I'm sure this was discussed on here but I couldn't find it. What did you guys think of Immortals Fenyx Rising? I just finished Far Cry 6 and have Ubisoft connect for another couple of weeks so I'm downloading it now.

Played a little on the PS4, also watched her play some and it was very impressive. Part action/adventure/ a little rpg character building as well. Also at times reminded me a little of Tomb Raider. It has very good ratings.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Played a little on the PS4, also watched her play some and it was very impressive. Part action/adventure/ a little rpg character building as well. Also at times reminded me a little of Tomb Raider. It has very good ratings.
Cool, I've got it downloaded now but haven't played it yet. Probably will get some time with it tomorrow.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I've actually never played GTA San Andreas. May have to give it a whirl since it's virtually free.

As for that Kill if with Fire game......eeek.....quite the conundrum! As a person that is borderline arachnophobic, the game sounds both satisfying and terrifying. :laugh:
Dude...San Andreas is the GOAT of GTA games imo. I absolutely can't wait to see the bright lights of Las Venturas once again even only slightly enhanced lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've actually never played GTA San Andreas. May have to give it a whirl since it's virtually free.

As for that Kill if with Fire game......eeek.....quite the conundrum! As a person that is borderline arachnophobic, the game sounds both satisfying and terrifying. :laugh:
Oh yeah man definitely give San Andreas a whirl...the only aspect I hated was the flying controls and they said expect a GTA 5 controller layout so some of those "impossible" missions won't be so tedious.

It seems they could've improved the graphics though compared to some of these other remasters it doesn't look all that great tbh; the older ones look better than the models in San Andreas. I think you would like it though, the aspect that SA really dived head first into was the gangland aspects of LA. Your hood was green and think the rivals were purples and yellows (and there are purple crips in LA which added another layer lol) but that's a recurring theme in this game.

I'm going to buy that one individually I think once it drops a few dollars...but San Andreas is definitely worth it, especially for 90s heads like us. (the whole game feels like a NWA video lol)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finished the COD Vanguard campaign already. Haha It was only about 4-5 hours, so it was pretty short. It looked amazing on my Series X though. Graphics were really good. The campaign was fun.

Also, played Forza Horizon 5 tonight, and wow, is it gorgeous. I chose Performance (60fps) vs Quality mode (extra detail but can drop to 30fps). It looks buttery smooth and absolutely stunning. I'm going to really enjoy this one.

We're starting to see the graphics of these next generation consoles and so far I'm thrilled!! :)

Lutonio

Reaction score
I watched some gameplay from the Elden Ring network test. I haven’t been looking stuff up about it until now and really had only known that it existed in general.

That game looks incredible. I think it’s going to be ground breaking like when Dark Souls released — genre defining kind of stuff.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Halo Infinite might have the smoothest MP launch ever. There's like 250k users and virtually no issues. Runs like a fine wine and I think Infinite will ultimately be GOTY. Can't wait for the campaign.
Yup, after some time with it tonight I walked away very impressed. It felt smooth, looked absolutely fantastic, and just overall had a refreshing energy to it.

What's funny is I wasn't expecting to love it for some reason. I have my young gamer roots in Halo. It was the game that sucked me into the multiplayer world and Xbox. My friends and I used to have tons of Halo parties back in the early 2000s (ah the good ole' days). So naturally I have followed the franchise throughout the years. The last couple Halo releases for me were OK. I'm not sure if they got long in the tooth for me, I grew out of them, or there were just other games that attracted my attention. Maybe all the above. I just seemed to lose my excitement about Halo. So when Infinite was originally announced, I was more excited about the campaign. That all changed tonight. The experience I had online tonight was magnificent and it absolutely rekindled my love for the franchise. I'm back baby!! I'm back!!! :D