The Video Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
What do you guys think about me adding a "Gaming Zone" special interest forum for gaming?

It would allow you to create any gaming related topics including separate threads for each game (optional of course), platform, genre, etc.

Or would you prefer to keep all of these discussions mixed together in a single thread like they are now?

Personally, I can see the single thread being easier to check, but also much harder to carry on a discussion about any specific game or gaming topic for very long before posts shift to other games and topics.

In other words, I think the single thread is easier but I think the special interest forum would probably lead to a lot more gaming-related threads and posts over time because people can carry on many different gaming discussions with each topic (game, platform, etc.) easier to find, read and post in.

Let me know what you think!

I like it. I think being able to create separate threads for different games, systems, etc would drive more conversation.

this thread is great but it’s so long that it’s hard to keep a convo about any particular singular topic going.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I like it. I think being able to create separate threads for different games, systems, etc would drive more conversation.

this thread is great but it’s so long that it’s hard to keep a convo about any particular singular topic going.

Yep, this is a very good idea.
Have separate threads for consoles, pc, games and the different genres of games as well as hardware and software.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Guardians of The Galaxy is a very pleasant surprise that I got on a whim just now. Being a Marvel junkie just enhances the experience, even though it's more in tune with the comics rather than movies.. It's simply just a fun experience! Cheers!
Have you played the Avengers game at all? So far I haven't seen too much gameplay of the GG but do like the movies. I just didn't like that Avengers game at all after thinking I would find something out of it (even waited on the PS5 update lol) They almost tried to do too much instead of a focused story.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Have you played the Avengers game at all? So far I haven't seen too much gameplay of the GG but do like the movies. I just didn't like that Avengers game at all after thinking I would find something out of it (even waited on the PS5 update lol) They almost tried to do too much instead of a focused story.

Yeah I own it as well. The developers are different and this a more linear cinematic experience without transactions and multiplayer. but again it's not based on the movies or how the characters look. Definitely more comic-based. I think it's awesome so far and I really didn't enjoy Avengers at all.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yeah I own it as well. The developers are different and this a more linear cinematic experience without transactions and multiplayer. but again it's not based on the movies or how the characters look. Definitely more comic-based. I think it's awesome so far and I really didn't enjoy Avengers at all.
Cool I think I'll pick it up...I came across the 'Before You Buy" video and he confirmed a lot of what you're saying here. I'll probably wait for a slight sale but this should be fun.

FC6 is fun but really repetitive so far...i get distracted just taking down the FND and Aircraft bases half the time but do like the charm at times.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm cool with whatever. I'm good with this thread and I'm also good with a game forum. I say the forum would be great if we all think there will be enough gaming chatter to keep it alive. I would hate to have Reality work on opening up an entire game forum (I have no idea how much effort that takes) and then have it go or feel stagnant.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
FC6 is fun but really repetitive so far...i get distracted just taking down the FND and Aircraft bases half the time but do like the charm at times.

I've been cruising around taking out the stupid missile launchers. Those are annoying when you're just trying to fly around the map. Definitely the game is a bit repetitive, but I guess the old Far Cry games were kind of the same. Also, I don't know if anybody has ever played Just Cause 3 or 4, but I get Just Cause vibes with this game.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've been cruising around taking out the stupid missile launchers. Those are annoying when you're just trying to fly around the map. Definitely the game is a bit repetitive, but I guess the old Far Cry games were kind of the same. Also, I don't know if anybody has ever played Just Cause 3 or 4, but I get Just Cause vibes with this game.
I definitely get Just Cause 3 vibes (haven't played 4) due to the wingsuit kind of acting like the grappling hook letting you kind of Batman glide over stuff but also due to Caribbean island vibes. I know the game is designed this way too, to kind of distract you along the way intentionally so I'm doing it to myself in that regard not seeking out story missions.

Also I'm not really using the Supremo/Resolver weapons with any creativity so it's probably a little bit due to that; I just use the initial 4 rockets to take down the helicopters or when overwhelmed.

Still good game tho so far *8/10

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I definitely get Just Cause 3 vibes (haven't played 4) due to the wingsuit kind of acting like the grappling hook letting you kind of Batman glide over stuff but also due to Caribbean island vibes. I know the game is designed this way too, to kind of distract you along the way intentionally so I'm doing it to myself in that regard not seeking out story missions.

Also I'm not really using the Supremo/Resolver weapons with any creativity so it's probably a little bit due to that; I just use the initial 4 rockets to take down the helicopters or when overwhelmed.

Yup I am doing the same thing. lol I've been just doing random stuff all over the map. It's actually been kind of nice because I'm the type of person to usually go right for the story mode. It's been a nice change of pace.

I haven't really messed with the weapons either. I have a rifle, a sniper rifle, and a side arm that have been great for me. I did try that nail gun and it's OK. I probably should try some other combos but I feel comfortable with this setup so far. I also have just stuck with the 4 rockets on my back with some upgrades. It works great especially against those pesky helicopters.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

Yep, the Supremo/Resolver seems way overpowered. I haven't upgraded them at all and only used the rockets to take out AA guns.

With the old games I would always do the stealth/sniper style to take out bases. With this one I just take out the alarms with a sniper and run in with Humidora and take everyone out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Walked into Best Buy today and they had a fresh shipment of about 12 Series S consoles in. I've been thinking about upgrading the old Xbox in my mancave so I pulled the trigger. I cannot even express to you (for those that haven't seen one) how small this is for a console. It's insane.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Walked into Best Buy today and they had a fresh shipment of about 12 Series S consoles in. I've been thinking about upgrading the old Xbox in my mancave so I pulled the trigger. I cannot even express to you (for those that haven't seen one) how small this is for a console. It's insane.

Congrats man! Smart to pull the trigger when you had the chance. I still have friends who haven’t been able to find a new system.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
RogJ5p2.png
:dance:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm sure this was discussed on here but I couldn't find it. What did you guys think of Immortals Fenyx Rising? I just finished Far Cry 6 and have Ubisoft connect for another couple of weeks so I'm downloading it now.
I haven't played Fenyx Rising, but I just wanted to say you put in some work on Far Cry 6! lol I've played quite a bit and I still have sections of the map I haven't touched yet. I'm really enjoying it so far though, even with some of the repetitiveness.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I haven't played Fenyx Rising, but I just wanted to say you put in some work on Far Cry 6! lol I've played quite a bit and I still have sections of the map I haven't touched yet. I'm really enjoying it so far though, even with some of the repetitiveness.
I was actually surprised that I finished the main story so fast. I'm not a 100% completion type player so there was some stuff I didn't do like some of the treasure hunts.