The Video Game Thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Got the Sony Pulse 3D wireless headset for my PS4 (works with PS5 too if that day ever happens lol). For the price point ($99) I think they're great. I was a little bummed I have to use a USB Bluetooth adapter that sticks out of the front of my console. My external HDD is taking up the one USB slot in the back of my PS4 Pro already. Not a huge deal, but would have been nice to not have to take up a USB port for the headset.

Just out of curiousty, does the PS5 need the adapter or does it just throw out Bluetooth signal straight from the console?
pulse-3d-wireless-ps5-headset-accessory-left

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got the Sony Pulse 3D wireless headset for my PS4 (works with PS5 too if that day ever happens lol). For the price point ($99) I think they're great. I was a little bummed I have to use a USB Bluetooth adapter that sticks out of the front of my console. My external HDD is taking up the one USB slot in the back of my PS4 Pro already. Not a huge deal, but would have been nice to not have to take up a USB port for the headset.

Just out of curiousty, does the PS5 need the adapter or does it just throw out Bluetooth signal straight from the console?
I do not own a PS5 but since it is USB can you not use a powered (not passive) USB hub with it on the back?

Lutonio

Reaction score

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody play with a Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller? Curious on your thoughts. I've held one before, and I really liked the way it felt in my hand, but I have never played with one. They are a bit expensive for a controller, and I have heard they can tend to develop stick drift, so I'm seeing if anybody has an opinion here.

Thanks all!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm using a dongle on the back of my PS5 for the pulse. One of my ear cuffs material is starting to split from the plastic base, but otherwise it does me well.

John813

Reaction score
I have yet to buy Halo. Was hyped then lost all interest.

A month in, how's the campaign playability?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have yet to buy Halo. Was hyped then lost all interest.

A month in, how's the campaign playability?

I absolutely loved it and already finished the campaign along with a ton of the extracurricular action. Historically (as you're already well aware I'm sure) the Halo franchise has had linear storylines. This game starts that way and then opens up to an open-world map. I was really hesitant of the open-world idea when I first heard about it, but I have to say, it was incredibly refreshing and fun to play. You can take the campaign storyline at your own pace, there is plenty to do, a lot to explore and see around the map, and there are lots of hidden items you can search out.

Oh, and let me mention the buttery smooth and beautiful graphics. On my Series X/OLED setup, they looked so crisp and so good. I loved playing and gawking at every second of this game.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sony officially dropped hints about their new VR platform. (PS VR2)

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/
I'm looking forward to this. I never could play VR on my PS5 because I never got the free adaptor and when I got my OLED TV it was too thin to mount the camera on it to use it on my PS4. I like this thing not needing a camera. I did not like having to sit in front of the camera to play VR. Looking forward to it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. I never could play VR on my PS5 because I never got the free adaptor and when I got my OLED TV it was too thin to mount the camera on it to use it on my PS4. I like this thing not needing a camera. I did not like having to sit in front of the camera to play VR. Looking forward to it.

Yup, same! That was definitely one ding on the first generation was the camera tracking really wasn't that great. Another thing they did, that I couldn't believe, was the first model (CUH-ZVR1) didn't support HDR. So if I wanted HDR activated, I had to crawl behind my ET center and change out my HDMI configuration. Definitely annoying. Now, they did eventually come out with a new model that supported HDR passthrough (CUH-ZVR2), but I just couldn't justify buying a whole VR bundle again. So, I will just wait it out for this new PS5 VR.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, same! That was definitely one ding on the first generation was the camera tracking really wasn't that great. Another thing they did, that I couldn't believe, was the first model (CUH-ZVR1) didn't support HDR. So if I wanted HDR activated, I had to crawl behind my ET center and change out my HDMI configuration. Definitely annoying. Now, they did eventually come out with a new model that supported HDR passthrough (CUH-ZVR2), but I just couldn't justify buying a whole VR bundle again. So, I will just wait it out for this new PS5 VR.

Have you heard when the release date might be?